Question If you got the ability to cultivate which cultivation technique would you use from any novel and why

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Raven Evernight, Feb 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven Evernight

Raven Evernight But they never just accepted me for the way I was…

Reading List:
    Link
    If you were able to choose a cultivation technique to use from any novel which would it be and why also give some details on the technique and what abilities it gives you

2. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    ability to enhance or fastening growth of certain plants on years timeline~ that ability or technique really useful on some type of foodstuffs that kinda hard on cultivation such as truffle~

space time compression, you see the doraemon pocket that can put living being especially plants can really help reducing agriculture sector land problems cuz like it or not that is huge problem be it dairy product, fisheries, veggie or other stuff~ ya see overfishing is real problem ya know cuz it kinda delicate balance between how much demand for some types of fish with how much nature can produce it also relate to space da fish have it own nature plus growth time, fid ya know some type of fish getting smaller and younger when entering adulthood?
    so at least on food related stuff growth doping and doraemon pocket is useful

wut cha looking at?

note: imagene someone talk this post on British accent.... maybe Scott~

3. Ignorant-Aristocrat

Ignorant-Aristocrat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Desolate Era: the Dao of Space-Time, since I can teleport, see the future, maybe even manipulate the past. That last one would be great.

That or any great Dual Cultivation where I can gather a harem and get stronger through tandem training

qpzmal and Raven Evernight like this.
  4. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I was in those medieval/fantasy verse trolling type system would be nice

5. Arkantos

Arkantos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    • Stellar Transformation. The novel that made me fall in love with xianxia, and made me obsessed with it for a couple of years. Just the idea of cultivating an entire universe from a single planet sounds cool to me. Or Long Live Summons type of pokemon collecting.

6. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn, I read too many xianxia. Can recall plenty of novel names and technique effects, but no technique names.

Stellar Transformation novel, protag's Stellar Transformation cultivation technique.

Because it both refines the body and establishes qi cultivation as well so that is 2 cultivation paths for the price of one, and you don't need to bust your head on what to study as a side job since its core advantage is the immensely strong Samadhi flame so long as you find materials and know how to process them best, you will always be holding good set of equipment. Main training, physical ( of the torturous kind, first using body when weak, later energy like normal cultivators except it passes through all of you before going in your dantian instead of few select meridians) and so good for willpower ( and indirectly the soul) that the mere few centuries old protag was comparable in a willpower test ( resisting illusion causing frenzy song) to Loose Immortals ( peeps old between 100k and millions of years old).

Really, it covers all 3 standard bases ( body, mind, soul) and being Immortal in said series means actual immortality in the time meaning. No resurrection means, but mastering time and space means you would be hard pressed finding someone who could kill you even after getting through the spacetime domain you control, physical defense they still need to kill your soul so you don't simply rebuild it all back). This latter paragraph denotes the plusses and cons of ST verse style of cultivation itself, but paired with ST techniqie is what makes it shine. Especially if like the protag you find a perfect path forward for the technique ( it wasn't finished when he got it) you can even become completely indestructible since an entire immense multiverse would be housing your soul with it hidden where none else can go besides you.

There are a lot of really OP possible ways to power, but I would take this one, since success or failure would literally depend on my dedication and stubbornness in practice and besides the occasional tribulation or too OP opponent I can't escape any other death would be all on me, with nothing else to blame.

Edit: Lol, ninjaed. Nice taste, man.

Vermouth, qpzmal and Raven Evernight like this.
  7. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    M spotted....:blobjoy:

Raven Evernight likes this.
  8. Greater thunder

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh? The technique is only painful from complete noob mortal to Jindan? After that it grants similar exp painless gain as normal cultivators but much better stat gain for your time and any additional pain you add by toughening training would be a boost, but only if you want that.

9. Raven Evernight

Reading List:
    Link
    I personally like techniques that let you turn into divine beasts like dragons and things myself like if you cultivate to the end you’ll become an immortal god anyway so why not go for an ability to change your species I’d love being a dragon or other divine beasts it would be cool

qpzmal likes this.
  10. Oddmoonlight

Oddmoonlight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe the simple skill the MC creates in 'https://www.novelupdates.com/series/my-entire-class-was-summoned-to-another-world-except-for-me/', literally sleep to level up.
    For Xianxia type; The culmination of techniques that helped Chen Xi become the 9th savior in 'Talisman Emperor', it allowed him to be able to do most stuff.
    Stellar Transformation is also very good.
    Huang Xioalong's techniques in 'Invincible', literally makes you the strongest there is.
    For gaming system like 'Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?', where if you play your cards right you can become a god. Just have to put up with an Evil God. No biggie.

11. Raven Evernight

Reading List:
    Link
    A system would be so much more help though when you think about it I don’t think most of us would actually be smart enough to understand the dao and get enlightenment without a helpful system like most of the dao enlightenment stuff is complicated like seeking enlightenment from the stars and stuff I’d have no idea what to look for

12. MidstNost

MidstNost 【 Reigen's Saltshaker 】【 Lingtian Raider 】

Reading List:
    Link
    I want the typical xianxia space that has a tiny world of its own, where the MC stays in that space for days to cultivate but only a short time has passed in the real world. But you'd be fooled if you think i'm going to use that for cultivation.

If I had that kind of thing, I'd use it to procrastinate even more. Just reading novels, eating, watching anime, etc. Without anyone bothering you. A perfect treasure for neets.

13. Arbelbyss

Arbelbyss 『Abyss Scion』『Epiphron』『Tempestarius』

Reading List:
    Link
    The Dao Heart.

14. Fishy_MC_FishMan

Fishy_MC_FishMan The Fishiest of Fishes

Reading List:
    Link
    If I'm going to continue to be in the real world for this cultivation then I'd choose a technique that doesn't require magical resources (since I don't think there are any in reality). I vaguely remember there are some techniques that use starlight for cultivation so I guess I'd choose one of those, or if systems are available I'd choose one that works on something easy to get in reality like by inspiring negative emotions in people.

15. Greater thunder

Reading List:
    Link
    I just had a "Bruh" moment reading this. That's not a technique. It's a trope. The Daoheart is another justification for why some cultivators never get anywhere while others succeed.

And lots of novels use it way differently, which are you talking about? Desolate Era had it give actual powers (split into levels, granting heartforce) and grant the one who polished it greater peace and sanity duriing their acquired massive lifespans.

In must novels it only makes you calmer.

Since I asked someone who also reads xianxia when I was answering this, here is the answer that person came up with afterwards given in a proper format by OP's standards.

Said person would go for novel Sage Monarch, cultivation technique Grand Magic Technique.

It's apparently got a load of great abilities like the ability to resurrect others, get to the high scale of xianxia,...

16. Arbelbyss

Reading List:
    Link
    So you'd rather be a talented individual who puts in less effort to a certain something than someone who is able to put in all their effort and continues to do so while being hindered to then later bypass it completely, to be able to pace properly and not rush and hinder yourself. Those geniuses who are talented tend to always not be able to put in the effort to accomplish something because things were easier for them and then it became difficult. They stagnate and reach a bottleneck because they didn't put in the effort to maintain the ethic to continue when they didn't have it.

What are you even talking about? Desolate Era had Dao Heart? The Dao Heart isn't Heartforce. The Dao Heart is indeed something that can keep one calm but it is a necessity because the path of cultivation is harsh, long, and utterly difficult to reach the peak. One would need to 'cultivate' or work on it in order to deal with every obstacle along the way and even things that destroyed your cultivation, because you could say the Dao Heart is about ethic and methodology. The Dao Heart is literally the driving force to continue cultivating when you have nothing or even have lost everything. Li Qiye in Emperor's Domination has an indomitable Dao Heart simply because of all the suffering he has felt and dealt to how long he lived without his real body while teaching others in cultivation.

17. Raven Evernight

Reading List:
    Link
    You can cultivate your own dao heart though like is most stories it’s basically created based on your dao as long as you have complete faith in dao and never waver from it your dao heart is stable and strong to never waver or shake in front of the heavens or hell

18. Greater thunder

Reading List:
    Link
    It's still not a technique. Daoheart is deliberate vague stuff authors throw in to make sure readers are aware for characters outside of MC, getting farther is very much a gacha.

And if I can't make my own, what would I do? A forced aka bought one would in that case definitely not really be me but an instant forced change.

If it is simply the product of one's lifetime efforts, then I don't want a manufactured one. I will make my own. If you can't let one flimsy factor outside of your control, would you even get anywhere? And OP said 1 tech. Neglecting that this still isn't a technique, but an expression of personal experience, this means you are stuck as a mortal with exceptional self awareness, congratulations!

19. Arbelbyss

Reading List:
    Link
    It isn't created based on dao, it's literally your guide through cultivating the dao. Sure, each and everyone will have their own unique version and there are some who don't have such a great dao heart and seek to steal someone else's. But to have a building block that has the wealth of experience and feeling, when you just started cultivation, would it not be a helpful guide, wouldn't the struggles that it has undergone make you understand the struggles you are going to face. You can reinforce it with your own experiences and it doesn't necessarily need to be your own but someone else's. Why else would a myriad of others seek to steal Li Qiye's Dao Heart? For me, I just want one to guide my way.

If it's shallow then I can just make it better. If I get one then I'll make my own to reinforce the other. To have such a thing is basically having the wealth of knowledge of those who have undergone a quantity of suffering, would you want to suffer and struggle through hardship? What about things that you don't consider hardship.

And if one considers the Dao Heart as not a technique then I'll choose the Flowing Gold Blade/Lightless Blade from Divine Throne of Primordial Blood. Considering that I haven't read much in the regards to Cultivation novels, I dropped some because they later became arbitrary.
    And well if we're talking about like the cultivation manual technique that you would use in cultivation. Then I'd rather take the perfected Revolving Crescent Sun merit law. Which is from Emperor's Domination.
    Naisu! Not like I want to necessarily rely on something physical or technique wise on my path of the dao in cultivation and I need a way to overcome those pesky heart devils. I'd rather have something to help me guide my way in the ways of knowledge or experience. One is going to have to rely on history and the like to even know what's going to come around the corner. Considering that if I somehow got the ability to cultivate for no apparent reason then there's going to be something that allowed this in motion to happen and to affect everyone. You could even say it is a wordly danger.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.