Do you feel old?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ruyue, Feb 22, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Fishy_MC_FishMan

Fishy_MC_FishMan The Fishiest of Fishes

Reading List:
    Link
    I just turned forty two days ago so yes I feel pretty old. Anyways now that I'm around half way through these days I've been thinking what do I want to do with the decades I still have left.

2. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm 51, fuck you feeling old at 17! (not serious)

I think there's a lot of milestones in life that if you are even slightly self aware are big changes, then there's the more obvious ones driven by peer pressure or ones hyped by society like drinking ages, etc.

The one advice I'll give, an ex-coworker used his age from 21 onwards to explain why he couldn't do anything in life, don't be like that.

Wujigege, Fulminata, Lurking and 4 others like this.
  3. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    17 is pretty old. If this was a few hundred years ago, you would probably have two children by now and you would have lived around half of your expected lifespan.

Wujigege, Lurking, imK and 1 other person like this.
  4. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes. When I see teen girls having fun and being loud I'd think of my teen years when I had no worries other than school grades. I had a lot of enthusiasm for a lot of things and we had the best fun with my friends. Now we need to make an appointment a week or so prior to meeting each other. And they all have bf/husband/kids. And since we spend so much time apart, our topics are no longer the same.

My childhood era is now considered nostalgic in pop culture, even though I hated most of its products at the time. I still hate them lol, especially the music. I don't get the nostalgia. But it feels like yesterday to me. I want to be a child again, but now, with Internet and everything. I was so bored back then. I read all the books around the house and constantly bought more to escape the boredom. Thanks to all the scientists for inventing the Internet. I really started to live when they opened up a bunch of Internet clubs in my town. I'd go there with 20 floppy disks and download manga and BL Harry Potter fanfics to keep me entertained till the next time I go there.

I don't feel old on the inside, but the outside world reminds me. And recently I learned that Gen Z are hating on Millenials and I'm like WTF did I do. Let me be depressed in peace.

Fulminata, Lurking, imK and 3 others like this.
  5. Windsley

Windsley Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i always feel young...
    until my nephew and niece call me uncle

imK, Wujigege, Fulminata and 4 others like this.
  6. Violet Blaze

Violet Blaze Step Red Sibling | Holy Blaze

Reading List:
    Link
    i feel old whenever young people call me "auntie you're so old"

imK, Fulminata and Lurking like this.
  7. Naraina

Naraina Step Red Sibling ⭐ | † Trickster

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel attacked when they collect the adult's fair from me in public transports...btw I'm still 15 ~

imK and AMissingLinguist like this.
  8. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Too right. It’s like I’m 18. I’m an adult. I should feel or be different. Or I’m 21. I can drink now. So I should be different now. Right? Wrong. As I said in my post. I’m the same lazy anime watch, manga reading SOB I ever was. An age doesn’t change you. Your view of the world may change, but your still the same SOB.
    What age has taught me. Is I don’t give a F@#k. In highschool and a little after. I was always self conscious and had low self-esteem. But now I just don’t care. I love what I love. I do what I want to do. As long as I don’t hurt anyone. I feel no reason to hold back. Life is to short as it is. Don’t waste it regretting things. Be bold and confident. And above all HAPPY

imK, orematcha, ludagad and 6 others like this.
  9. jesting

jesting Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea. I'm turning 17 in a couple months and it's weird to think about, to say the least. I'm going to be 18 next year, and that just sounds ridiculous since I still feel like I'm 15. Im honestly stumped about where I should go after highschool and how or when I should become an adult and start taking responsibility. I'm not ready lol. Don't think anyone really is.

imK and Cutter Masterson like this.
  10. Wakashii

Wakashii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm 24 and idk, I feel sometimes like 18, 20... It's strange to understand that I'm a grown up adult. I can remember everything that happened 4 years ago. omfg It was so fast, you have 18 and then in a blink of an eye, 24.

Sometimes I feel old, but then I think: "just 24". Hard to know...

imK, Kubera and Lurking like this.
  11. Beren

Beren Holy Saint

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm 24 as well.
    I guess you have to manage your expectations. Once you finish university, everyone seems to be on some sort of escalator with milestones like you're collecting achievements on steam. Basically, the expected progress is: graduate uni> find a job> get a masters or PhD> buy a house> get married> have 2.5 kids> save up for retirement> kids are old enough to go to school> focus on your career> get more money for retirement> keep up with the Joneses> kids move out> you're retired now> have fun until your body gives out.
    But you don't have to do it. It just feels like you have to because these are the things everyone else is worried about. Then when you start comparing yourself with others, you'll feel old.

imK, Kubera, Lurking and 1 other person like this.
  12. Lurking

Lurking Do the dead suffer, or is it a sweet release?

Reading List:
    Link
    i feel young thinking everyone who visits my profile is going to be asked thread title question since this thread is my new fav spot to perpetually leave off.

imK likes this.
  13. Starmiya

Starmiya [Modern Vampire][In Hiding]

Reading List:
    Link
    Believe me, even if you don't feel old you feel old when you have a younger sibling with a huge age gap...

imK and Kubera like this.
  14. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh no I'm old QAQ)

imK likes this.
  15. LivingCorpse

LivingCorpse Half-dead Neighborhood's Undead

Reading List:
    Link
    Here is the moment when I realized I am already old:
    "Naruto already ended!?"
    "I didn't realize newer SpongeBob SquarePants episodes was this cringy"
    "Maybe I should start reading One Piece again... Wait which chapter was I last read again?"
    "Huh? What do you mean you never watched 00 Gundam?"
    "Holy shit, Detective Conan hasn't ended after all this time. Even Kindaichi turn into old man."

imK, Blitz, Kubera and 4 others like this.
  16. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel old every time my parents remind me that I'll soon have to go out into the real world by myself. :blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt:

I'm about to leave the nest!! No more parents, no more dependance, no more freeloading... :blobpensive:

How sad it is to feel old.
    I try not to think about it, though~ :blobpeek:

Bright_Lucky_Star, imK and Lurking like this.
  17. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I felt the same, but I have to admit. It was so worth it. The freeloading, dependence, and parents. Are all a huge safety net. That you never realize it was there. Until it’s gone. I know this is insensitive, but for me it was a burden I never realize I had. Once it’s gone. A weight I never knew I had was lifted. I felt free.
    After so many years. When I think back. If I had the chance would I go back? My answer is “NO!” I love my freedom. There will be days I will regret it and days I cherish my life. Like everything in life. You have to take the good and the bad.
    But in the end. You must be bold and steadfast. This is not truly the end, but a beginning. A wonderful gift. As long as you keep that in mind. You’ll do just fine

imK, Lissi, AMissingLinguist and 2 others like this.
  18. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope so!! :blobsmilehappyeyes:

19. Kubera

Kubera Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I'll not deny the fact that I felt super old not long ago I realized that I began thinking about it only after comparing myself with others (mostly friends, peers) how they all achieved something in life how they keep the pace of the typical life (graduation_finding a job working making money marrying and you know all this ofc) the more I think about it the more I feel old and ofc this just makes you feel bad sometimes depressed but one thing I realised and learnt is that no matter what this is my life not theirs I don't have to worry about my age bcz IT'S OUR TIME WHO PASS NOT OUR AGE we might look younger even when we age but time never return SO you better cherish the moment don't worry about stupid things like this and do what you like get yourself to experience things you can at the moment cause at one point if your life you might regret not doing it and time can't return STAY POSITIVE and ENJOY THE MOMENT and DON'T WORRY ABOUT TRIVIAL THINGS BCZ THAT'S WHAT MAKES YOU AGE AND FEEL OLD .
    I wish that my speech would be of help to anyone ☺️ I got carried by the topic lol

imK likes this.
  20. DanT88

DanT88 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I get that feeling every year. I would like to say that it is normal. It is important to realize that there is no time for nonsense. I mean, you can do stupid things at any time, you have to become independent sooner.

Kubera and imK like this.