Spoiler Overgeared

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Midnight Rain, Dec 8, 2017.

1. blaisemNU

blaisemNU Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Funny that Katz is so greedy for a big announcement that he doesn't mention the painting requirement. Grid would solve it immediately. More seriously, it's scary that he's the only player besides Grid hanging with the npc messengers/knights of Overgeared in their new rankings. Does that make him the strongest player after Grid? The reason it's scary is because he hasn't even unlocked the class's true potential yet via the initial class quest that formally announces to the world the class has been fully obtained -- he probably has some significant power boosts still awaiting him.

Back to a funny note though: I wouldn't be surprised if the anticipated world announcement for the ancient class ends up a running joke and turns out to be programmed only for legendary classes. Katz would have a huge WTF when the announcement never comes.

I'm also super interested in Jishuka's performance. We all remember the famous quote that the sword saint is the strongest combat class. How does the Bow Saint compare? It's also a saint, and it has no history in Satisfy, but it seems likely to be superior to the legendary archer. Does this mean it could have been overlooked and might be, as a fellow saint class, equally as powerful as the sword saint?

2. Feanor

Feanor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    His class had a huge flaw - "blood" (many donors are needed). Therefore, he was weak in battles one against one. This disadvantage was resolved when he changed the race to the vampire and got the opportunity to create blood from mana.

There is another unknown moment. His class allowed to use curses for its own gain. Is "day" penalty for vampires curse or not?

3. RedTower

RedTower Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think grid should make zibal something similar to Montley flail.

blaisemNU likes this.
  4. Aristes

Aristes [Archiver of idea], [Harbinger of the Fall]

Reading List:
    Link
    Why not just give the original, Grid might have frightening luck, strong luck have yet to have description. Also, was this the time for Grid's last messenger?

5. LordKarsus

LordKarsus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a novel series called the Wheel of Time. Pretty epic for the most part (ignoring the first book or two).

However the main characters don't trust each other and don't communicate well - not your typical heroes IMO - but that's part of what allows it to be a good story.

Otherwise, many problems would get resolved much earlier. lol

6. MK bk-201

MK bk-201 [God of Novels]

Reading List:
    Link
    i just realized that the whole reason that "restraint" dosent work angaist undead is so pagma could use his summons in the meantime

7. Fic3R

Fic3R Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think 'Ancient Class' is anything near a 'Legendary Class'. There's more or less a reason for it. When you gain a Legendary Class they firstly give them the quest to actually gain the full Class. When Grid got 'Pagma's Descendent' class he needed to finish quests to fully gain its advantage, same goes goes for 'Sword Saint', 'Baal's Contractor' (it was a growth class but he still needed to do class related quest), Fakers Class (forgot the name and his class quest was different but same as Jishuka) etc. and I didn't mention 'Bow Saint' because we never really got much details about the previous bow saint, so we can also say Jishuka is the first Bow Saint.

Anyway, when Katz got his class changed (forgot it's name too) it says ancient, that means there can be several of the same class and they can keep themselves hidden. If not why was there never any news of any other ancient class NPC? This is basically the proof that there were multiple of the same ancient class NPC (like normal class but is under someone's control) who completed tasks given to them as obligatory and there were never multiple NPC with same Legendary Class (if not there would have been multiple sword saints). Also after Katz's class changed his level didn't reset, he also didn't get any notice saying class quest which basically is the proof of what I said. This can also mean that Katz's Class is already in its full potential unlike Grid, Kraugel, Faker, Jishuka etc. who are still not in their Calss's full potential.

Grid still hasn't completed his class quest (Blacksmith Part), Kraugel is basically denying Muller's techniques, Jishuka, Euphemina?, Faker recently got their calss. And Grid and Kraugel were different for their world message because they got announce after they did something worth remembering as a legend- Grid killed multiple Yatan servants with difference of nearly 200 level, Kraugel cut the world??, and my guess is that is due to their level reset unlike Jishuka and Faker who got quests to get their level back.

So, in conclusion, my guess is that Katz is already near his Class's full potential, if not he'll be super OP.

Edit: This is just an assumption, but what if ancient class's are forgotten class like- what if 'Grid's Messenger' class is forgotten for like 500 years and it returns out of nowhere and those who has anything related to this class will get 'ancient class'??

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    Sarabheswaran aka Sai likes this.
  8. flag9801

flag9801 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Grid get his first announcement as a blacksmith (pagma successor )after 5 th legendary item

9. Feanor

Feanor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read a сhinese novel - MMO: Pierce Heaven Til' It Breaks, so there was the Huashan guild, which (if you remove 18+ traits) is very similar to Overgeared.

Katz has to wait as Euphemina for 4 years and he will improve his class.

Didn't Jishuke become Bow Saint first and then a legend.

10. Sarabheswaran aka Sai

Sarabheswaran aka Sai Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont think skunk becane a legend.

11. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    Though he did became the 1st to mapped the whole continent.

12. Feanor

Feanor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is also a second continent, a whole ocean and other worlds(Heaven of West, Heaven of East, Hell, Dragon's Nest, Elemental World, Ether World).

13. dereonlad

dereonlad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are these misunderstandings or they actually have a valid reason for the mistrust?

14. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    The whole continent as in the west, maybe after Grid settle things up in the east with Mir, he'll do East mapping.

15. Feanor

Feanor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, exploring the entire western continent isn't necessarily enough for a legendary explorer. The empire most likely had detailed information about the entire continent and he did not discover anything new. And the first discovery of the Eastern Continent, Asgard and Hell does not belong to him.

16. Culaio

Culaio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    when he mapped the west continent he got message: "[★A legend that has never appeared in history has started to quicken! ★] "

he also got other rewards, like compas of truth and faster map completation.

Of course I realize that it doesnt have to mean that he is already a legend but there was no case of person getting close to become a legend getting message that they are close to become a legend, they only got message when they actually did become a legend.

Also demanding of him to for example also map eastern continent would actually put difficulty of him becoming legend ABOVE difficulty of combat classes becoming legend since explorer doesnt seem to give combat related abilities and chance of encountering Yangbans(and dying because of them) on eastern continent would be pretty high.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  17. LordDanny

LordDanny 《Duke of Chaos》

Reading List:
    Link
    He hasn't become a Legend yet. He just got the Qualification to become a Legend, the [Legendary Explorer], in Chapter 1008. It was specifically stated in that Chapter as well. His Status is similar to Picasso—who made the [Extremely Honourable Painting]. Both of them are Beings similar to Kraugel, Jishuka, and Faker—when they had gotten the Qualification to become Legends, but hadn't become one of them.

In the System Message, the wording of sentence is somewhat wrong, it doesn't specify that Skunk has become a Legend, the [Legendary Explorer]. Rather, it just says: [★A legend that has never appeared in history has started to quicken! ★]. This just proves his Qualification to become a Legend, similar to Piaro's [Fated to Perish], but doesn't say specifically that he became one.

Chapter 1008: “Well, there is no point discussing it. Who will dare abuse our Skunk, who has obtained the qualification to be a legend and the Compass of Truth? In the future, won’t every player be crawling in front of you? Of course, Grid is the same.”

18. JHI

JHI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    『 The demonic energy of the hell night was removed and day came. The sky brightened and the hell moon dimmed. I was unfamiliar with the landscape of hell that had changed to become like the demon world and Marbas talked about the influence of divinity. Thus, I found out that a god visited hell. 』 This is quite interesting. Gods and their divinity reduce the demonic energy in hell and they might even be weakening yatan if they come en masse. I feel like one possibility for Yatan's submissive behavior is Rebecca threatening the (Great?) demons and demonkin. I don't want to push this theory too far since we don't know much about the subject but, I'm on the lookout for possible confirmation or falsification. Normally we'd expect the gods to be at a severe disadvantage due to decreased divinity. Iirc, one of the spoiler chapters stated Grid's divinity was clear in hell unlike HExetia's who was weakened at the time.

Zepar kinds surprised me. Iyarugt's original story was: "But he failed to overcome the limit of his birth and was defeated in a battle with the great demon Zepar and died". But Zepar turned out to be a demonkin and currently low ranked demon king. Their stories are similar. His ranking fell for some reason too.

19. Culaio

Culaio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh I see, I was wrong than, thank you for correcting me : ). One thing that I have to have to mention is that in this case he is kinda at unfair disadvantage, I edited my previous post mentioning that, difficulty of him becoming a legend is significantly higher then how Kraugel and other people with combat classes had to do to become legends. It would be like expecting Kraugel from before he was sword saint to be able to defeat demi-god or possible even worse.

There is also a thing that I find kinda weird about this, becoming legend isnt supposed to be end of your role, legendary blacksmith has still a lot to grow as blacksmith, sword saint as swordsman and so on. Yet if condition for legendary explorer is to explore even more then by the time he actually becomes legend there will be almost nothing more to explore unless some hidden continent pops up out of nowhere, of course I know there is also Hell and Asgard but other then that there seems to be nothing else to explore, and since above legend there is also myth tier that also needs to have some room to grow, it seems there is almost not enough to do for legendary(and above) explorer.

20. Feanor

Feanor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When he becomes a legend, then get some kind of super combat skill. Then he will be able to fight and increase his status as a legend.