Discussion Your journey into reading novels

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by MMWO, Dec 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lazilygrinningcat

lazilygrinningcat Cookie Thief

Reading List:
    Link
    If I remember correctly, I started with just Anime. Tried checking out manga because I wanted to know what happens next in High School of the Dead. Checked out lots of mangas of different genres, dropped many, read some. Somehow found bakatsuki (I think it was because of C3), followed hakomari, heavy object and DxD. Then, just began reading random novels and mangas.

2. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    I was an anime addict,
    through a certain anime(forgot already), I went to becoming a manga addict, then through 1/2 prince :aww:, I ended up reading its novel. Then I was just confined to that certain website where 1/2 prince was at. I read everything there. Then I wanted more and somehow ended up into another certain legendary website with the novel LMS. :aww:

And I screamed MOREEEE! And the rest was history. :blobbunny:

3. LivingCorpse

LivingCorpse Half-dead Neighborhood's Undead

Reading List:
    Link
    "I love Giant Robots!"
    V
    Watch giant robot anime
    V
    "I Love Anime!"
    V
    Watch anime adaptation of a manga
    V
    "I Love Manga Adaptation!"
    V
    Read Manga adaptation of a light novel
    V
    "I Love Light Novel!"​

That's how it roughly went I guess.

4. bellasantaella

bellasantaella Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My journey started in 2016. I saw my brother and my father watching Naruto and laughing a lot. I had no idea back then what anime was (I was 12), so I just asked for it’s name because it seemed fun. I started watching it, and soon after I almost couldn’t put it down. I watched it day and night. I think it was in late December that I started it as I finished it right when Boruto only had like 3 episodes. Up until now, it’s my favorite anime. Then as expected I begun to love anime and looked for similar ones to Naruto. I liked a lot, but sadly none of it was as good as Naruto was for me. I think I had already been watching anime for a year when I decided to start Bleach. I still didn’t like it as much, but I definitely didn’t dislike it. Sadly the end wasn’t animated, and when I typed in if it will have other episodes, that’s when I stumbled upon it’s manga version that’s complete. I read it, and I liked it even though I couldn’t hear their voices. Then I found out that there is a lot more stories to select from then in anime. I found a lot that I liked. For one year again, until 2019 August, I read them at every chance I got. Then came Solo Leveling - that is a manga so good, that only Naruto is better than it (in my opinion). I finished it fast and couldn’t wait for more chapters. Only in the comment section did I find out that it is actually based on a novel. I hesitated a lot wether to read it or just wait, you know because I thought it wouldn’t bring so much hype. But THEN I finally decided to try reading it. And a whole new world opened for me. I actually enjoyed reading it more. Then I slowly started looking for other novels. I begun with Desolate Era - a real masterpiece, one of my fave stories up till now. And that’s how I fell in love with wuxia, xianxia...And I’m so happy I found this community. The only problems I can face now are running out of good novels to read. And that’s why I even thought of learning Chinese soon.

5. Bobasis

Bobasis Weeeeee

Reading List:
    Link
    I started with anime then manga then wattpad then manhuas and manhwas then novels . It was a 3 year journey to this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.