Recommendations Novels where the mc is brainwashed/mind controlled

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by LampShader, Feb 27, 2021.

1. LampShader

LampShader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was reading a light novel where the main character is threatened with brainwashing, and I knew they'd get out of it because of plot armor, but it reminded me of how fun stories are where the enemy sucesfully brainwashes/mind controls the protag and the protag later finds out about it and has to Deal with it. Anyone read something like that in the past or should I go on a fanfic/YA novel binge lol.

qpzmal likes this.
  2. Eternal Emperor

Eternal Emperor SelfAware-PieceOfShit

Reading List:
    Link
    Redo of Healer!:blobokhand:

qpzmal, Senros, LampShader and 2 others like this.
  3. idan

idan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone:

4. phobos

phobos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can a MC be brainwashed/mind controlled ? probably only for a limited time if it were to long wouldnt mc be just a puppet of someone else

qpzmal likes this.
  5. thepope

thepope Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are many characters like that. If you know Resident Evil many characters have this setting.
    If you take the films as main storyline. In last film Resident Evil: The Final Chapter come up that not only one of the main antagonists was a clone but the main character as well.
    I am more into the thing that someone is the puppet master and create a feeling/time/event that allows him to manipulate people to do things a way he wants without others know that he started it.
    The closest to it here as web novels would be
    Regressor Instruction Manual
    or
    Trash of the Count’s Family but there the protagonist is more aktiv as "hero" latter on.

qpzmal and LampShader like this.
  6. TaffyGirl13

TaffyGirl13 just a casual translator~

Reading List:
    Link
    Definitely Fu Xing Dong Lai, but with where translations currently are, it's still only been hints here and there. (I finished the raws). The brainwashing/mind control gradually increases and becomes more serious as the novel progresses, and the antagonist does succeed in getting the MC to do what he wants...so MC has to deal with the drastic aftermath.

Legend of Sun Knight also has some elements of this, as does No Hero (both are by the same author).

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  7. LampShader

LampShader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhh, I'm excited! Thanks for the recs. ^-^

qpzmal likes this.
  8. TaffyGirl13

TaffyGirl13 just a casual translator~

Reading List:
    Link
    No problem haha. I actually have this crazy love-hate relationship with the FXDL antagonist because of the brainwashing/mind control thing...because I love how the antagonist is super badass and OP, but I also adore the MC so I hate the antagonist for manipulating MC as well >.> The struggles...

As for LSK and NH, the brainwashing/mind control are just bits here and there, but every time it happens it brings on a wave of angst. :')

9. CinemaGame

CinemaGame Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am very surprised and just amazed that no one suggested "Ouroboros Record ~Circus of Oubeniel~"!:eek:
    In fact, the plot is based on the fact that the protagonist is brainwashed and uses people as his puppets in his quest to achieve immortality

LampShader and thepope like this.
  10. thepope

thepope Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    See the speed of translations, the translator do a great job but is a bit on the slower site so people are likely to forget it or leave till there are xx chapters to read I have like 5 stories that i find interesting but the translation is as slow as by this project I do a thing on my own and search for the orgin, edit mtl or do it for me... to still my hunger for more. The problem with this is I am not alone so let say 20-50% of readers do so and the original translator get the frustation because of it -like dumb comments about how slow he is, spoilers in the comments section on the TL site, less views so he start to doubt if what he is doing is worth the time for less views, i do not add coffee and patreon into this because translators like him bouild up what we have now in doing it as hobby.