Discussion Sony has fallen into depravity

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mount Tai Unleashed, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Mount Tai Unleashed

Mount Tai Unleashed This one has tai but can't see mount eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    Sony shutdown their japan studio, not only that but they have been censoring japanese games yet they give western games a free pass...

Hypocrites.

2. negritis

negritis The Mathematician

Reading List:
    Link
    i just finished the mosnter hunter movie, they can rot in hell

3. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, Sony, a Japanese Company, shut down their Japanese studio?...

Mnotia likes this.
  4. ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They're restructuring

5. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    California has always been known to be a plague that corrupts all it touches.

6. Alvastar

Alvastar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Japan, the land of tentacle monsters who ride trains to grope unsuspecting girls...is censored instead of the US where zombies can win over cartoons to become president?

7. LNreader

LNreader Courting Death

Reading List:
    Link
    It's an American company now, Sony HQ is in California and is centralizing all the power there.

8. artix003

artix003 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this is old news i guess its only gaining traction now
    yup which is why its so sad and it makes sense now after censoring all anime related games and not doing anything to american made games.

9. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The one with the Actress that stared in the resident evil movies? If so then yeah I am not watching that trash.

10. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Not quite correct but not incorrect either. Most of Sony is still japanese and everything Sony used to be. It's only Sony's gaming branch which, for a while, has effectively been wokeifornian after they moved the global gaming HQ to california (wonder who got bribed for that to happen) and employed a whole bunch of woketards to run the place.
    western games can get a pass if the devs and/or publishers show their commitment to wokeitude and the associated stupidity.

Jibs and Astaroth like this.
  11. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    to be honest japan makes a very tiny market compared to the world.

12. Xxsafirex

Xxsafirex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    and your point is ???
    a lot of japanese games still make it on the international market and make a lot of sells

Jibs and Mount Tai Unleashed like this.
  13. Kutaifa

Kutaifa Pokémon trainer

Reading List:
    Link
    What a weird argument. Looking at the studios releases nothing seems to point that they made games that focused or "pandered" to the Japanese market. The studio seems primarily to have been a support one that aided other developers. And it doesn't seem like the studio produced anything of substantial value to Sony. They were just restructured.

And "pandering" to the western market is normal. Creating games for a market that is literally 40+ times larger than Japans is a no brainer. And them refocusing isn't going to force Japanese people to buy an Xbox. Microsoft doesn't have a good foothold into that market at all.

Games that "pander" first to Japanese audiences hasnt been a thing in a long time. And looking at this dudes youtube page is just cringe.

While these dudes are crying about to TL2 destroying "western" civilisation and making everyone gay, Sony is swimming in a mountain of cash

14. Mount Tai Unleashed

Reading List:
    Link
    And how do you explain the focused censoring?

15. Kutaifa

Kutaifa Pokémon trainer

Reading List:
    Link
    Fuck is focused censoring? Never heard of that term before. Is it like censoring everything coming out of a specific region? Can you provide an example?

16. Mount Tai Unleashed

Reading List:
    Link
    Sony is focusing censorship of japanese games, which include violence and fanservice while western games get a free pass, e.g tlou2

Fishy_MC_FishMan likes this.
  17. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    That's not quite true, there are still plenty of games that are made to focus primarily on the Japanese market. Many of which don't even get localized to Western languages, making Western fans of their franchises particularly sad about never getting the sequel.

Granted that there has been a large switch in the AAA industry to focus more on the mainstream stuff and less on the niche markets, but there are still tons of games made for and by the Japanese Market.

ongoingwhy likes this.
  18. Kutaifa

Kutaifa Pokémon trainer

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah censorship is bad, but censoring loli shit and the fondling of underage anime characters is something i'm completely fine with.

And i don't understand the comparison with tlou2. Can you again be specific, i havent played it.

Oh and it makes sense financially for them to censor some games. For one, Australia wouldnt want them if they produced a gory or very violent game. And neither would the U.K i believe and some other countries.
    Is it right. No, but again it depends on what kind of censorship we are talking about. Loli - pedo shit basically, is a no no in my book
    I understand that there still exist a huge games industry there, but i was refering to playstations tactics of firstly "pandering" to the japanese gamer first and the western gamer secondly. It's way more lucrative for them to focus on a general international market than one specifically.

It makes complete sense financially, and their switching over to America is because of a multidude of reasons. I would think that they did it because the U.S, has become the centre of gaming development, and technology - something Japan used to be a 2-1 decades ago.

19. Mount Tai Unleashed

Reading List:
    Link
    tlou2 has a graphic sex scene and graphic violence which include dismemberment and decapitation, while similar things are censored for japanese devs. It's very hypocritical of sony to censor japanese eroge and violence while the west suffers no such thing, and i'm not talking about loli, they censor characters that are over 18 too but not in the west which tlou2 is a prime example.

20. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    pfft~
    its funny, baloney~
    so Sony want penetrate NA market, about time I guess, cuz xbox only stronghold is USA~ consider Xbox and PlayStation try to not have exclusive title that mean all on same field~ that aside Japan company make big branch on on USA soil then "dominate" NA market seem just usual stuff~ look how Toyota rolling on NA lol~

censorship have been on video games from long time ago tho? on JP to other market back then there EU ver and NA ver, cuz their censorship sense lil bit different~ if Sony wanna popular on NA region they just follow da "rule"
    so this cat guess is true~
    hah dood different rules!
    as cat who like play hentai games it no secret JP law make censorship on genital and blablabla

wanna cry? go cry to Japan Government ! what bunch of ignorant cat~ oh btw uncensored ver usually after goes international~