Discussion Sony has fallen into depravity

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mount Tai Unleashed, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Kutaifa

Kutaifa Pokémon trainer

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, that is hypocritical of them. But not on the loli part - cause one of ur videos didnt like that it was censored.
    But the first video in question seems to throw out a lot of assumptions and quick "this must mean this and it must also mean that". He is correlating the muted release of the ps5, mind you that the ps3 also had a muted release, to censorship without real backing up of anything.

I still think its way to early to decide that the PS5 is tanking in Japan. I mean with covid, shortages, and the popularity of the nintendo switch, there are probably a lot of reasons that together can expain the muted release.

Censorhip of big asses and tits might be an issue for some, but i wouldn't think its a huge issue. But idk, its still just an assumption of mine.

2. Mount Tai Unleashed

Mount Tai Unleashed This one has tai but can't see mount eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't watch any of the videos lol, just took some of the top search results but they were there just to prove sony's hypocrisy. There's a whole bunch more of videos talking about it if you want to see them, just type 'sony censorship' into the youtube search.

3. Kutaifa

Kutaifa Pokémon trainer

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah i'm good. Sony is hypocritical because it makes money. That's it. Everything they do is to maximise profits. If Japan isn't profitable, then fuck Japan. That's how Sony thinks. No company is loyal to one place. They are only loyal to the dollar bills

4. Jibs

Jibs 『Still alive ¯\_(ツ)_/¯』

Reading List:
    Link
    Censorship is censorship Whether you like that product or not it's still bad since nobody wants an inferior product. They censor anime games now after that what? they are going to censor things you like. Besides why even censor?
    Lol no they're losing money alright even in their home ground in japan Nintendo switch is out selling the PS5 because Nintendo doesn't censor third party games. Even in the west anime fans are switching to the switch

Fishy_MC_FishMan likes this.
  5. Kutaifa

Kutaifa Pokémon trainer

Reading List:
    Link
    An inferior product because they deemed pedo shit to be too weird to have in?

Nintendo switch outsold ps4 lifetime sales in Japan over a year ago. Nintendo products have always been more popular in Japan than Playstations. Censorship has nothing to do with it. I can't find anything that proves that assumption.

And censor me? Are you dumb? How is game company going to censor what i do with my life? Private companies already censor people and content. Twitter, Facebook, Nintendo, Microsoft, Steam, and many more.

In the context of the ps5's sales, there are too many factors involved to determine what caused the low sales numbers.
    And saying that people in the west are right now switching over to the switch because of an anime game is ludicrous, and considering the fact that there isnt any ps5's to buy right now is just funny

6. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    The point is money. I thought that was easy to see since I said japan is a tiny market compared to the world.

If it was your company would you rather cater your product for the world? or a tiny island?

I know that japanese games specially RPG games make a huge amount of sales worldwide, but when you compare RPG sales vs all the other genre sales it is pennies.

The biggest problem in the 90s and 2000s was that japan would release games, but a lot of them wouldn't be ported overseas now that their headquarters is in the US such a problem doesn't exist at least for their Sony releases.

The world most popular language is still English even if you live in non English countries they tend to teach English which makes it more convenient to release games.

Sales! it's all about money, which is why big companies rather make sequels and remakes than gamble on new games. it is also easier to just release an English version instead of having to hire another team to translate it after the game becomes a hit only in japan where the market will only makes 2-3million vs US market where even if it flops at least 5-10 million would have already sold.

7. Jibs

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol alright whats your problem with loli shit it's not like it's hurting anyone? fine let's censor all the anime games with lolis because you don't like it but but i want furry shit to censored as well and lgbt pandering movies in netflix since i don't like it. (note i have nothing against lgbt)

See stupid argument dumbass. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it needs to be censored.

Right PS5 has low sale due factors alright fine i'll give you that, Switching to the switch because of anime is ludicrous loool are you dumb?
    I know plenty of people switching to pc and switch cuz the anime game they wanted to play is censored in the playstation.

Edit:

Since i forgat to add this by censor you, i mean censor the games you like but clearly your not customer for the type of games they are censoring.

And by inferior product i mean by removing things already in the game i don't know why you jumped on the loli stuff right away lol.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  8. Kutaifa

Kutaifa Pokémon trainer

Reading List:
    Link
    Loli = Pedophilia

And i personally loved and have played alot of anime games. The people i know that play these games dont give flying fuck if an arm is censored. Its always the small gaming minority that shouts the loudest. The amount of money thrown by gamers at these "censored" games just shows that people dont care.

Nodbody is switching to the nintendo switch to play Naruto ultimate ninja storm, that beach big titty game, or that samurai thing

9. Jibs

Reading List:
    Link
    Loli = Pedophilia don't give me the argument it's pedo Remember Pedophilia != to child molester. Pedophilia is just a word to describe some one that likes younger looking people it's doesn't need to be children i mean thats why some western people who liked asians because they look younger. And it's literally just drawings if you don't like it then don't play it simple it doesn't harm people it's hurt anybody. It doesn't need to be censored.

amount of money thrown by gamers at these "censored" games just shows that people dont care. Ha! Then why did the uncensored versions of the switch and pc have higher sales then the censored versions of these games? is it because idk? people don't like getting less then what they payed for the same game?

Look i don't really care whenever you dislike loli or not my argument is censorships just ruins some of these games and caused some of the censored games to have low sales. Any form of censorship is bad in my opinion whether it's games movie or whatever entertainment medium.

10. Kutaifa

Kutaifa Pokémon trainer

Reading List:
    Link
    Since u started ur post with defending creepy loli shit i didnt feel the need to read anything after that lol

loli/pedo apologist

11. Jibs

Reading List:
    Link
    upload_2021-2-28_12-57-42.png
    Calling me a pedo doesn't affect me
    And starting your post defending loli shit? Where? I just said censorship was bad at the since the beginning of this conversation
    upload_2021-2-28_12-59-16.png upload_2021-2-28_12-59-16.png upload_2021-2-28_12-59-16.png
    Your the one that jumped on the loli stuff
    [​IMG]

12. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Imagine being this assblasted over 2D pixels.

13. Fishy_MC_FishMan

Fishy_MC_FishMan The Fishiest of Fishes

Reading List:
    Link
    If you are that angry at someone who defends the artwork, then what do you think about Japan where the artwork came from?

14. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    < Gaming HQ In California

Of course the land of the WOKES....

So you think every censorship is because of pedophilia? Are you that ignorant or just plain dumb?

15. Nagisa11

Nagisa11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lmao america the land of crackheads and woken, cancelled culture is at its peak here and awhile ago I came across an article about viz media force censoring mangas, and yeah an argument that since mangas are out-selling marvel and dc comics that america is jealous and wants Japan to censor its mangas lmao

16. Martialegg

Martialegg [World's most powerful Egg] [HazyPrecise's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    I dunno Kutaifa, but I feel that the reason is much more complex than profits. No matter how small Japan is compared to the world, it doesn't change the fact that it is still a country-wide market. Not to mention a lot of people in Japan and the world perceived Sony as a Japanese home-brand. That's a big advantage for any kind of business.
    Obviously America is an important market, the most important, but Japan is the second biggest (In terms of gaming) and they’re being thrown to the wolves, while Europe is being ignored even more than usual. It makes no sense, it’s literally shooting yourself in the foot as they’re losing an asset they did have – that their main competitor doesn’t – and gaining nothing in return.

There are clearly a lot of better alternatives than shutting down their studio in Japan.

17. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did they make anything good in recent years? I couldn't find anything recent other than a porting of Demon Souls to the PS5 that any studio could do.

18. Martialegg

Martialegg [World's most powerful Egg] [HazyPrecise's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh, I'm no longer a gamer now, so I have no idea the recent games nor bought PS5. I'm just following rumors roughly since I had connections in the gaming industries.
    And even then, we had no idea what happened to Sony. While we understood their decision to shift the focus, but shutting down the company in Japan is just over the top.

There should be some internal circumstances that we don't know about. Profits is the main theme, but I feel that there is the underlying trend to refuse Asian's products.

19. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Um, they didn't shut down the company in Japan, they shut down the studio called "Japan Studio" and merged it into "ASOBI Team", in Yokohama Japan I think.

Japan Studio was the name of the team as I understand it, not just the place it was in. Kind of pretentious if you think about it, like EA naming one of their studio's America Studio (Freedom Studio though would be hilarious).

asriu and Martialegg like this.
  20. Kutaifa

Kutaifa Pokémon trainer

Reading List:
    Link
    Japan? It's okay i guess. It has its issues, but so does every other nation.
    Maybe you should have read what i wrote before commentingthis. I was noting that one of the videos mentioned that loli shit, where u could have intercourse or fondle underage kids, shouldnt have been censored.
    Which is just dumb. Of course Sony is going to censor it. And so would Nintendo, Microsoft and even Steam.

That could be true, but i still dont think the Playstation brand is dying in Japan. From what i could gather, which isnt much cause there's no data, all consoles that were available in the Japanese market were sold really quickly. And physcial stores that had the consoles seemed to have a shit ton of people attempting to buy the consoles.

So i think still that there is a huge market there. There was probably not many consoles allocated to the region, as the majority seem to gone to the western market instead. I think when the silicon and semiconductor shortage is taken care of, many consoles will land in Japan and they will be bought up - But thats just my assumption.

It most certainly could be an issue for some that Sony is somewhat leaving home for the international market, but i don't think its that big of a deal there.

Japan has always been a more nintendo, handheld console country first, and playstation secondly. Microsoft aint got nothing there.

And the issue with Europe is quite different. The european market and the U.S is in my mind intrinsically linked. There isnt that big of a difference between those two markets - except for sports and fighting games.

Martialegg likes this.