Recommendations Novel-Manga with healthy romance, but not pure slice of life with boring story

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by khakha, Feb 28, 2021.

1. khakha

khakha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, can anyone recommend me Novel-Manga with healthy romance?
    What I want is :
    - no yandere ml (I hate yandere ml)
    - no possessive nearly yandere ml (most Chinese novel)
    - no ml use overpowering ability to fmc to force her to fall in love with him (most Chinese novel). Is there a normal girl will love someone who like hit her every time or even send hundred bodyguards to her whenever she want to go?
    For example, ml gave off an aura that even made FMc unable to move the number of times they met and somehow fmc likes him (maybe fmc masochist?). Even harem genre have much better way to make heroine fall in love to mc
    - if ml is natural overpower in that world and fmc love him with good way, at least fmc Has qualities to be proud of so that it doesn't give the impression of a cinderella story (Cinderella can only do household affairs and doesn't even have a mental competitive edge, if she lives in the internet era she won't survive)
    Example : 1. Iris in Duke daughter, ml is Prince but fmc is is a conglomerate that has the ability to overturn the kingdom's economy
    2. Hanayori dango, has the ability to survive like weeds And have the courage equivalent to a honey badger. She even have much better than most Chinese novel fmc, Those who couldn't even say no or couldn't land a single punch even though they were masters of the martial arts
    3. The Saint’s Magic Power is Omnipotent. Ml is best knight in kingdom, but fmc is saint that has the ability to change the direction of battle
    4. Stunning Edge, fmc is stronger than ml in cultivation world (very rare)
    5. Akuyaku Reijou ni Nanka Narimasen. Watashi wa『Futsuu』no Koushaku Reijou desu. Male lead is overpowered in martial arts but fmc is overpowered in magic and quality of subordinates she can even destroy a kingdom with all out attack.

- if the genre is reserve harem. At least fmc has 1 lover or even go to polyandry route. don't let fmc have ambiguous relationships
    - no yuri
    - No downgrade fmc quality like in The White Cat That Swore Vengeance Was Just Lazing on the Dragon King’s Lap. One of the worst ending ever, fmc just become s*x slave in the end and she even can't meet other, wtf...?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    qpzmal likes this.
  2. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    qpzmal likes this.
  3. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    qpzmal and khakha like this.
  4. Bellilelly

Bellilelly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bai fumei in 70s
    Fl pursue the poor village ml. It’s really cute loll. Tho I do think the “antagonist” was over killed (I feel bad for him hmm ofc I don’t feel bad about what he ‘deserves’ like serve him right but just hmm I don’t want to give spoilers just that he’s unnecessarily tormented by the author toward the end tho it’s not a big problem you’ll get it if u finish reading this or read the spoiler tho it might just be my unpopular opinion

The grand princess
    Hmm just realized this is not slice of life but the character and coup development is nice

It’s is not easy to be a man in the future
    Hmmm romance sub-plot but I didn’t really read this for the romance but rather the “bromance” between fl and all her underling “little brothers and sister” no reverse harem because they all worship her just short of kneeling and thought she’s a man. The ml is ... “questionable” yandere as it just obsession in his mind since he doesn’t make it known to anyone and he’s wayy weaker than fl. But he doeent appear til later on and his role isn’t that important

Eliza
    Once again not main romance... nvm it’s not even slice of life.... but I rec for the strong and developing fl. Idk who the ml even is but she doesn’t rely on him since she has military power and still developing.

qpzmal likes this.
  5. TXHY

TXHY Normal Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Horimiya, I guess...? I see most of what you listed are more into isekai or sorts, and Horimiya definitely not (it's modern day high-school romance full of comedy), but well if you're purely looking for no yandere possessive ML, here you go. Their romance is not that abrupt, a bit of drama too as FL is popular at school while ML not (at first). It's more into SoL, but you wouldn't get that bored too because the other characters (which is ML & FL's friends) are very unique and they are not simply just side characters. Well, I'm not sure if you want to read highschool romance or not, but still I recommend this anyway~ (y)

Bellilelly and qpzmal like this.
  6. Little moon

Little moon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Let the Villain Go fits your description but I have only read until where the current translations are so I really can't tell how it will end but it clearly won't go the same way The White Cat went.

qpzmal likes this.
  7. khakha

khakha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This manga has several problems
    1. Mc is male not female (I want fmc)

2. ml just brainwashed the heroine to make them fall in love (just like Chinese novel use overpowering ability to masochist fmc to make her fall in love to him). At least ml has quality and good way to make heroine fall in love example :
    - Arifureta : ml is is overpowered but all heroine fall to mc not Because his power but because man aura or he save them from danger or he give new path live to heroine. Not a lucky bastard use brainwash ability to make every girl fall in love (is this hentai genre...?)

3. if this manga pure harem genre at least ml has quality to make him harem King not just a lucky bastard, example :
    -nisekoi. Mc already make all heroine fall in love since child. Ml is yakuza son, of course harem live is not problem to him, even maybe better than not having children because his only wife died before giving off an offspring that could give him big trouble. If mc is Prince or even King if he go to monogamy route I believe he is stupid and arrogant

4. is ml have favorite heroine? Or use harem King route? I don't like ambiguous relationship

qpzmal likes this.
  8. eveeee

eveeee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You’re My Glory
    Rock Sugar And Pear Stew
    Pampering My Cute Pet
    Transmigrating To Become The Boss’s Little Fairy
    Rebirth Plan to Save Leader

^ Really sweet and healthy romance novels that I personally enjoy. No misunderstandings, no third parties, equal power dynamic, and just honest romance. The last recommendation might be a little heavier but I really enjoyed reading on the couples relationship and how they worked hard to be together.

qpzmal likes this.
  9. Furrina

Furrina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If u don't mind webtoons, check out In Full Bloom by Yon Jae-Won. The FMC is a badass assassin who is hired by the ML, a prince, to kill his tyrannical father. It's one of the extremely rare one-in-a-bazillion webtoons where, spoiler alert, but it's the main reason I'm recommending it.... FMC and ML do NOT get together, but it does have a realistic slowburn romance (as per ur request).

10. khakha

khakha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For non isekai
    - hanayori dango, or F4 story. Have several adaptation like :meteor garden, bbf, hanayori dango
    - beauty pop (manga)
    A top quality hairstyle fmc. Fmc and Ml relationship just like goku and vegeta or naruto and sasuke. A good rival without cunning way to win, just improve their quality to hope beat her/his rival quality (healthy rival relationship). In the end of story they Married
    - takane to hana (manga)
    ML (takane) is overpowered rich that use mask In daily life. Fmc (hana) is just high schooler with 10 years age gap. But fmc is the only girl that can destroy ml mask. In the face fmc, ml is just arrogant immature man, but in front of other girl ml maybe a perfect man. Fmc kiss ml first, destroy blind date ml with other girl. She have same quality to fmc in hanayori dango/ meteor garden/ boys before flower, fearless fmc with unique way to get ml. And their relationship just like chitoge and raku in nisekoi, love-hate relationship with big pride that very hard to say "love", but fmc hana much aggressive than chitoge in romance, can comparable to heroine in harem genre.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    qpzmal likes this.
  11. AZ21

AZ21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I Beg You All, Please Shut Up
    AFAIC its a healthy romance but its not far up because its only 63 chaps the MC only have 1 at the moment. its a hidden gem chinese novel

12. khakha

khakha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this mc is male?
    But maybe I will read is if I want to read OP male mc

qpzmal likes this.
  13. khakha

khakha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I will try the list :

You’re My Glory
    Rock Sugar And Pear Stew
    Pampering My Cute Pet
    Transmigrating To Become The Boss’s Little Fairy
    Rebirth Plan to Save Leader
    The grand princess
    Eliza
    Bai fumei in 70s
    Let the Villain Go, seems good
    To Be A Virtuous Wife
    My Disciple Died Yet Again, is the ml yandere?, I will try but I don't know I will like or not

Is there anymore?

qpzmal likes this.
  14. Bellilelly

Bellilelly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reborn as my love rival’s wife
    Holy I read this so many times since I find it really funny and enjoyable. Can’t believe the jokes still caught me off guard sighsss. It’s genderblender male into female body so it’s really up to the reader whether this is bg or “bl”. MC remains boyish I mean no shit but I gues sthat’s why it’s funny. It’s doesn’t have that much action just i find the romance pacing not to fast and not too slow and character interaction nice too

Laws of webnovel (or Inso’s law)
    Only few chapter translated for novel so read the webtoon instead
    Interesting plot mc’s logic and her way of thinking is understandable. Slow romance

Rebirth on the Doors to the Civil Affairs Bureau
    Slow romance/slide of life
    What stands out are those mini stories mc chance upon in her job and how the author doesn’t shy away to talk about the gray area. I also really like the “minor antagonist” how realistic and understandable which makes it hard for anyone to hate her that much.

a lot of work from author : Grumpy crab
    Is really nice. Slice of life romance and good pacing too. The characters are dynamic and easy for us to understand y they make sure choice.

15. LampShader

LampShader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lmao, I was about to recommend Albert ke no Reijou and then saw you mentioned it.

Cheating Men Must Die might interest you. It's a QT comic and the female lead sometimes engages in romances and mostly rejects romance based on how much the people she's considering are bad eggs.

16. AZ21

AZ21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes a male, its a modern world so idk if OP fits but he will get a deadpool regeneration ability

17. khakha

khakha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've watched the Horimiya anime the first few episodes. My impression is the story is good but the background story is uninteresting. Actually I like anime slice of life, but with special background story and interesting story example bakuman, yuru camp, sakura quest, shirobako, sora yori mo tooi basho.
    Even so, I appreciate this anime and will watch it until the end. this is because anime romance with fmc is much less than anime action + adventure + isekai with fmc especially those produced above in 2015.
    even the anime genre action, adventure, isekai with FMC is much more in recent years, compared to the early 2000s. In fact, there are so many that I find it difficult to mention one by one the titles in the action + advanture + isekai genre with fmc. whereas for the romance genre, story with a guy's point of view (mc is male) has increased considerably.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021