Forgotten Title Ex-wife travels back when she was married

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Shiny_, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Shiny_

Shiny_ Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was a chinese novel and it started with the FL attending her ex husband's funeral (the ML) and during the funeral she gets sent back in time

Soo the FL family is going bankrupt and when the ML hears about it he offers he will pay the debt if the FL marries him. When he offers to do that the fl thinks he just needs a legitimacy as he is an illegimate child and thinks this is a business marriage but the ml liked her thats why he proposed.the ml was sweet and really kind when they got married. They stayed married for 2 years and the ml doesnt confess and decides to divorce her as she no longer smiles like she used to.
    But when she travels back in time she makes an effort and their marriage changes

Gumiisland likes this.
  2. hansora

hansora Someone Who Seeks Fluff & Heartwarming Stories

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you might refer to Please Confess to Me

the MC was a good wife through and through during their loveless marriage even though she thought it was easy to fall in love with a good man, unfortunately the ML was too afraid to confess his feelings, they were married for five years and he divorced her because she no longer smiled

I haven't read any similar books like this one so I might have mistaken your search for another book

3. Zombiiecat

Zombiiecat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Hansora is correct. It is the one that you stated.

hansora likes this.
  4. Dudduls

Dudduls Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I found that novel so infuriating, so much lack of communication

Nagisa11 likes this.
  5. Saphychan

Saphychan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm currently reading it. The details are sweet, but the process is frustrating.

6. hansora

Reading List:
    Link
    The earlier parts did frustrate me but I found the ML both cute and pitiful. No wonder his self-confidence was so low, he had experienced so much

The MC's efforts to get to know the ML better, as well as ML's character development, were the things that kept me hooked to the story because unlike most books with piling misunderstandings, in this book they got resolved step by step

7. Alvastar

Alvastar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The majority of marriage problems are rooted in lack of communication if you asked a marriage counselor. :p

8. vannn

vannn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How do you go as far as marry someone and still have a problem “confessing”?

Dudduls likes this.
  9. Saphychan

Saphychan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems unfathomable right?
    But the ML has an almost crippling lack of self-confidence due to events that happened in his past.
    He didn't dare to tell his wife that he married her because he loved her since he thought she would disdain him for being his father's 'illegitimate child', so he used 'paying off her family's debt as the reason for her marrying him'.

10. hansora

Reading List:
    Link
    and that's just a small part of it since he

Not only picked the garbage to ensure his living as well as the children in the orphanage, he has even left in the middle of nowhere once by the people working for his father iirc.

Not only that, when his father finally appointed him as the heir, his father did so to get his liver(or another organ I can't recall). Right after the operation, he has to take the examination to allow him to go to the university abroad. He is one of the ML who has a heartwrenching backstory but aside from his indifference to his wife (to mask his feelings), he didn't resort to physical abuse. He did everything a responsible husband did except for opening his heart and insecurity

Although I agree if you pointed out his indifference tortured the MC mentally. I was amazed when I read the MC just accepted their marriage as it was even though she might not get his love. Thus, the divorce shook her at first