What are you a nerd for?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Silver Snake, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a total nerd for knights and chivalry.

Like I haven't done any extensive research on the subjects, but I just think they're so so cool. The armor, the swords, the ideals of what it means to be a knight; they're all just so so cool!

It's one of the reasons why I like the fantasy genre so much. And, idk, I think the thing that makes a fantasy setting feel the most like another world is just the difference in ideals/social norms. So I guess my like for knights and chivalry extends to all things historical too.

Kobayashi was a nerd for maids. I like watching youtube videos of cooking nerds. I'm not that interested in cooking, like I'm never gonna spend more than 30 minutes cooking something, but I love watching their videos because of how interested they are in the subject.

What are you a nerd for?

2. MidstNost

MidstNost 【 Reigen's Saltshaker 】【 Lingtian Raider 】

Reading List:
    Link
    Greek mythology, more specifically the love stories. Like Orpheus & Eurydice, Eros & psyche, Pygmalion, achilles and patroclus, etc.

Edit: Also ARG, how could I forgot my binge watching of Reignbot, Scaretheather, Nexpo, Inside A Mind, etc.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    Lissi, mir, Mahou-nii-sama and 3 others like this.
  3. erujitsukki

erujitsukki Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a nerd for video analyses on media :)) it's also great for movie/series recommendations (although funnily enough I don't have the time to watch those recommendations)

Mahou-nii-sama, imK and qpzmal like this.
  4. Aristes

Aristes [Archiver of idea], [Harbinger of the Fall]

Reading List:
    Link
    Not mocking you. But... Knights in shining armor were pretty much of a BS, while chivalry, unless you haven't heard it. Is long dead, dude.

If medieval were the ones you researched, knows that it wasn't as noble, and righteous as you think it is. Knows that even behind the history of a wealthy and prosper empire or civilizations were always had their own dirt hidden beneath the rug. I prefer thieves and assassins that walk in the dark to maintain order and chaos like Assassins Creed.

5. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    By the way, a nerd for having too much imagination that it drives me nuts. That I had to write it down to get them off from my system

Mahou-nii-sama, qpzmal and Deola A. like this.
  6. SwordDrake

SwordDrake Slice of Life Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a sucker for paladins. Hammer and shield with plate armor? Sign me up!

imK and qpzmal like this.
  7. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    Same, my faves were Orpheus and Euradyce, their journey and tragedy to their happy ending by being reunited in the end of everything was almost as beautiful to how Psyche were wed with Cupid/Eros.

Mahou-nii-sama, imK, qpzmal and 2 others like this.
  8. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Magic or Technology

9. Donuts

Donuts Endless surge of emotions

Reading List:
    Link
    Politics and international relationship between indo-china peninsula

imK, qpzmal and Deleted member 41274 like this.
  10. MisterBubbles

MisterBubbles [The Omnipotent No. 2 at Everything]

Reading List:
    Link
    I am a nerd for BL content but I also really like psychology, but that's why I am in college.

Anything else, I guess I like JRPGs and fantasy in general. I really like it when sci-fi and fantasy mesh well together, and I go crazy for it like I did for The Irregular at Magic High School.

11. IReadWhenBoredSoWhat

IReadWhenBoredSoWhat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    DRAGONS
    And honestly just saying that makes me feel like such a nerd in and of itself.
    Also other mythical creatures and well-designed weapons. They're just so cool.

Fulminata, Lurking, imK and 1 other person like this.
  12. Deola A.

Deola A. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a nerd for anything with a pinch of Romance. Right now I like realistic and mature stories in any Genre. My favorites being Historical fiction, Psychological fiction, mythology and Fantasy.

I'm especially fascinated with historical fiction on any culture in the world and I absolutely hate stories that are so unrealistic and stupid like stories about female lead falling for a guy how treated her like shit cause when she has a child for him, suddenly he can die and do anything for her. Like seriously -_‐

Anyways, I can go on and on about many things but I think I'm going to stop here before I totally deviate off topic. Right now I have no idea what the question/topic is ×_×

faineli, Fulminata, imK and 1 other person like this.
  13. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    Honest thought, I had this idea. Fair warning, I'm open regarding sexual theories, not how to think whether I'm one or not.

Tittle: The meanest prince of hell's lover.

So I have this idea where what if a human prince (Percival) fell in love with a shape-shifting demonic prince of hell (Belial). But their relationship were denied by the queen, Belial soon confronted Percival of their relationship and was heartbroken to do so. Years later, Belial who couldn't mend his broken heart went back to human world, and was utterly horrified by what Percival had become...

Rate the idea please?

qpzmal and Deola A. like this.
  14. Lurking

Lurking Do the dead suffer, or is it a sweet release?

Reading List:
    Link
    fantasy adventure and travel

15. Bobasis

Bobasis Weeeeee

Reading List:
    Link
    . I love psychological stories . I also like historical novels

imK, qpzmal and Deola A. like this.
  16. Jevanka926

Jevanka926 Grumpy and Awkward <3

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a nerd for... books, I guess? Idk, I always drown myself in a book anyway.
    Uh... I thought Orpheus got a sad ending? And Psyche too? I mean Eros' mother literally hated her??

qpzmal likes this.
  17. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    Um, don't you should know that once Orpheus were dead, by whatever gods sent to kill him because him being driven by grief killed the mood of pretty much everything he sang about. It was said that he was then were reunited with Eurydice in the afterlife.

While Eros and Psyche, it was said that as Psyche had won the favor and gratitude, (not to mention pity) of the gods. She was then given ambrosia, from which she became the goddess of soul, while their son, Hedone became the god of joy or pleasure.

Aphrodite got a message from Zeus by Hermes.
    "Back off, let your son live a happy life with the girl who feel the same to each other about their love."

imK, qpzmal and Jevanka926 like this.
  18. Jevanka926

Jevanka926 Grumpy and Awkward <3

Reading List:
    Link
    I see... Lol, the one I read in twitter only got to the part where Orpheus got killed because he was making everyone depressed

qpzmal likes this.
  19. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    You're not wrong in that, the guy was like sad sax-guy from Regular Show (Mordecai and Rigby), that only know one song with his sax's and even became a transport to single island, where the heartbroken mend their heart by being the worse lazy ass nightmare of midlife crisis.

qpzmal and Jevanka926 like this.
  20. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    It's the same thing with Samurai and Bushido. There's a persistent notion that Samurai are righteous or whatever bullshit some people believe. I feel disgusted whenever someone praises them. They were mostly armed thugs who oppressed commoners and their "loyalty" hinged on the fact that their entire bloodline might lose their social standing if they failed to express it.

Fulminata and qpzmal like this.