Spoiler The Evil Lady Will Change (manhua)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Clars, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Celebrianna

Celebrianna ❤️‍Solo Leveling❣️

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 85
    In Robelia, it’s cold and snowing outside. The citizens outside are surprised by this. It’s either that it rarely snows or it’s not the season for it. If I remember correctly, it’s definitely the Fall season because Ren and Elja left Amaryllis to travel to Robelia shortly after the Fall ball.

Inside the hall, the gold door is opening and that black magic is swirling in the room. The king of Robelia is shown kneeling on the podium with the black magic emanating from him. Joseph, Alex and another white knight is poised to deal with him. A little distance away, Elja is unconscious and the black magic is swirling from her. The power emanating from her seem so strong that it looks like Ren is struggling to get near her. He calls out to her. On the other side, Elena is near her and calls out to her but Elja appears unconscious.

The nobles gathered at the locked doors see what’s happening and they’re wondering what will happen to them. They see the gold door appear in the air and the king is compromised or as some say, a monster. One by one, the nobles are beginning to faint. The others begin to panic even more and are crying for help.

Alex and the captain are fighting black magic and then Alex mentions that something strange is happening to the nobles. The captain says the magic device is absorbing human lives. It’s probably the price to pay to break the winter seal. Alex asks if the door is the one that is in the land of Winter. The captain says yes, when the door is fully opened, winter will wake up from the seal. He said everything in the world will freeze. He commands all the white knights to do everything they can to destroy the device.

Joseph charges forward but is repelled by the red head guy. Joseph thinks in his thoughts that after the door appeared, the guy became so strong. The red head admonishes Joseph that he had better not do anything that is not his place. I assume he’s saying only Ren has the power to fight him. Some things that looks like demons begin to enter the room from the open door. The nobles are horrified and scared. It begins to get to freezing temperatures. It’s seen that somebody’s hand is frozen in ice and he’s shouting to be saved. Red head laughs and thinks that it’s the perfect sight for a new world.

The black magic was shown going to attack a mom and her small child and Ren destroys it with winter magic thereby saving the mother and child. Ren shouts that all the guests should gather on one side and that all the white knights needs to protect them. Meanwhile, Elena is protecting Elja who’s still unconscious.

It’s obviously freezing in the room because the nobles are trembling. Lilian is shown trembling. The white knights are tirelessly fighting against the looming demons things. Lilian holds her head and thinks that she didn’t want this. Her father grabs her shoulder from behind. He shouts her name scolding her. He asks her what did she do. She asks him why is he so angry. He said he saw her do weird tricks with her necklace (the arundel necklace). He also asks her if she’s out of her mind for proclaiming she loves the Archduke. He tells her that her claim that her sister is jealous of her is a total lie. He further shouts if she know what he has done for her engagement. He asks her if she’s his daughter. She says it’s not like that.

The nobles begin to murmur. Comments are heard like, “It’s Lilian Crocus”. “What? The crazy woman is here?”, “It’s her fault”, “Are you shamelessly hiding right now?”, “You’re a terrible woman”, “Hurry up and take responsibility for all this!” Lilian says no, it’s not her fault. She said not to do this to her and that they don’t know anything. She then shouts that she’s a special person. LOL

The red head guy walks up to her and asks if he can help her. The nobles exclaim and shrink back in fear. Red head guy is standing before them in all his black magic glory. He forms a black transparent shield around the nobles and suddenly the white knights who are fighting off the demon things realize the nobles are trapped in the black magic shield. The nobles are frantically pounding against the shield since they’re trapped.

Lilian grabs the red head’s coat. She demands why did he lie to her. A tear falls from her eye as she tells him that he said that when she breaks the necklace her power will return to her. (Yeah because trying to win people over with work is less desirable than brainwashing them with magic) She asks him why is he making other people point their fingers at her. Why isn’t the Archduke still hers. LOL

Red head says that she shouldn’t act like she didn’t know he was lying from the beginning. He said what he said that day (the day he met her at the palace after she had a sword spar with the prince), was ridiculous and absurd to anyone who heard it. He said she just consciously rationalized his words in order do what she wanted to do. He said he can’t tell her that he lied to her but rather she used his words to rationalize her actions. He laughs.

Lilian looks like she can’t say anything more after hearing this. Red head walks past her and tells her what’s in the past is past. He tells her to let them make a deal. She looks interested. Her eyes takes on a blank like expression. The red head tells her if she doesn’t want power. Tears falls from her eyes and she declares, she wants power.

The end

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  2. Eiidachan

Eiidachan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even after the whole disaster, Lilian is still refusing to admit her wrongdoings, and even worse, she still wants power that she couldn't gain before. Seriously, how thick-headed she is? This is beyond stupidity. I can't say the red-head is wrong here about her rationalizing his words so she can justify her actions.

Chunin, Celebrianna and ArkiV_10 like this.
  3. Johnrevenge

Johnrevenge Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ugh Lilian is the worst.

4. sirwence

sirwence Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't there something about Lilian having charm abilities as well ? I mean a saint would have a loyal following if they did some saintly action; she never .. actually did. Is the Webtoon changing the novel or? (I thought Aisha's daughters powers were based off of mixing all 3 of the magics as well really want to see the kiddo as well and honestly I really want to see Lillians redemption arc since she does actually redeem herself its just to bad she can't show that side the better version of herself to her sister and apologize and maybe thank her sister for caring for her despite all the crap ) (also isnt it a Korean Novel being Webtoon'd by China? )

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  5. Eiidachan

Eiidachan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Celebrianna likes this.
  6. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    @Eiidachan , I doubt she died. Anyway, I’m glad Ren’s parents showed up. That’s the best development this chapter. I’ll do a summary shortly.

ArkiV_10 likes this.
  7. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 86 summary
    Red head guy offers Lilian a deal. He asks her if she doesn’t want to have power? Tears fall from the girl’s eyes. She says she wants it (power). Red head guy conjures up the golden chalice and offers her the red liquid to drink. He tells her if she drinks it she will have 10 times the power than the power in the necklace. He says whether it’s a saint, a hero or the loveliest woman...whatever she wishes, people will call her that. He said the price is, everyone’s life sheltered in the space/circle. (Wow...just wow) The nobles in the circle looks scared and some appalled.

Duke Crocus shouts to the girl to get a hold of herself or come to her senses. He said not to be fooled by the red head’s nonsense. The red head laughs. He said the choice is Lilian’s. The nobles could be heard saying, “No way”, “Princess Lilian”, “Help me, please!”, “I don’t want to die”, “Lilian, you can’t! Don’t make a foolish choice”, etc.

Lilian accepts the red head’s offer. In the background her mother can be seen holding the brother. The father shouts at her saying something like, “how could you.” Tears stream down her mother’s face as she whispers her name. The red head laughs. He says it’s as expected and it’s fun. He tells Lilian to say it again (her acceptance of his deal) and asks her what if everyone here dies. Lilian says it doesn’t matter. The red head asks even if he eats her parents. The girl shouts that she doesn’t know and don’t ask her. Just give her the cup with red liquid. Red head says okay then let them make a deal.

Lilian takes the cup from him and proceeds to drink the red stuff. She thinks she can feel it and it’s full of powerful mana. She exclaims, “Finally! I finally got it!” She begins to laugh hysterically before spitting the red liquid or is it blood? Anyway, she wonders out loud why did this happen and what’s wrong with her. She’s spurting red stuff/blood and says it hurts while her parents, the other nobles and the red head watch what’s happening.

She grabs the red head guy’s foot and ask him why. He laughs and say it’s because her body cannot accept the powerful mana. She accuses him of lying about giving her power. He stoops down before her prostrated body and tells her that she’s talking too much. He had in fact kept his promise. It’s not his fault that she’s weak. He said that the people there would die anyway even if she didn’t accept his offer. He was going to use her as a sacrifice from the beginning. He said it was fun thanks to Lilian because she’s amazingly stupid. (Heh)

He walks away from her leaving her lying on the ground. She turns to look at her mother who is hugging her brother. She reaches out her hand towards them saying, “Uh, mother, it hurts....I...I’m so sick...Do something for me. I’m dying of pain.” Her mother hugs the brother closer and turns her head away from her as a symbol of rejection. The father does the same. Tears fall from the girl’s eyes as she thinks, “Why? Don’t you all love me?”

Red head guy is still walking away and sees dark spirits coming through the winter door. He says it’s weird because the device is working properly and has enough horsepower but the door opened and stopped. The number of evil spirits coming through the door has also decreased. The white knights comment that they’re finally making headway in the fight.

Ren is treating Elja who is still unconscious as Elina protects them. Red head looks on and finally gets annoyed because his plan results are taking a turn. He tries to sneak up on Ren from behind as he’s healing Elja but Elina defends them. She warns him to get out of here and that he’ll never get a step nearer to Elja. The guy is clearly annoyed by Elina as he calls her arrogant with a frustrated look on his face.

Elja’s power is still going wild. One gets the impression that she’s a power storage because her powers are yet to stabilize and they’re still being released indiscriminately. Ren is getting a little nervous because he thinks if the draining of her mana continues, Elja’s life will be in danger.

I believe on the other side of the door, Ren’s parents, Melissa and Rovensky, are working with winter knights and magicians to counter the red head guy’s actions. Melissa says to Rovensky that the door stopped opening and that their magic team must have succeeded. Melissa worries though that she doesn’t know how long it will last [probably that the door stops opening]. A magician says that Arundel has become too strong.

A scene is shown where they discovered dead bodies with red hair. Arundel ancestors absorb the power from others. Rovensky thinks that given the situation, Arundel must have succeeded in taking away Arundel mana [probaby from Elja]. Melissa agrees and says that they’ll trust Ren and Elja to do their best.

Change of scene to Elja who is surrounded in blue winter magic. The scene is fairytale-like as it looks like both her and Ren are completely enveloped in winter magic. I’m not sure who is thinking this but the thought bubbles say the following:

“The girl of winter. Winternight is about to end his long battle with Arundel. Ren and Elja, far away in Robelia...please help me succeed. Our children. Please protect them.”

The end
    The flowers in the fairytale-like images reminds me of the tale in Winterne territory about the girl who saved the territory in winter. Those flowers were named after her.

Regarding Lilian, I guess she won’t get a scarred face. She will probably survive that red liquid too so I don’t think the manhwa will deviate too much from the novel.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  8. nurul amelia

nurul amelia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    even to the end he was unconscious with his actions, thanks for the spoiler.

kurohamukami likes this.
  9. Chunin

Chunin Depressed Lemon

Reading List:
    Link
    i dont think there's anyone as shameless as Lilian. Its the nerve, It's very appalling. Its hard to describe appropriate words

10. fiminkio

fiminkio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest, i never care even if lilian dies. But unfortunately she doesn't:blobexpressionless:. I hate her more than red-hair guy. I wonder if she has braincell. She doesn't even care if others die for her, and she expects they will still love her? Lol

sayurineechan likes this.
  11. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    Lilian won’t die. Elja is waking up (her fingers curled up in the last image which is a sign that she’s regaining consciousness) and she might be able to save Lilian as a final act of charity towards the Crocus family.

On a side note, it’s funny how commenters on the RAWs at newtxxx were upset that Lilian might die too easily. They want her to live and suffer.

Darcy and ArkiV_10 like this.
  12. ArkiV_10

ArkiV_10 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well i understand their sentiments, it will be an easy way out for her if she just die then and there without being enlightened of all her mistakes and deeds..she should learn her lesson the hard way and learn to be remorseful of her actions.

Darcy, nurul amelia and Celebrianna like this.
  13. Geedi

Geedi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So at the end did their parents ever regret how they treated mc. Cause the still whent a arms length for the shitty sister by cleaning up their mess. But havent read anywhere about the treatment she got

14. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    I read spoilers that the family tried to ask Elja for help after this whole mess ended but her parents-in-law stepped in to stop them from further using Elja. I don’t know what will happen in the manhwa version because both Melissa and Rovensky are not in Robelia right now.

Elja already cuts ties with her parents a couple chapters ago though. They seemed alarmed when she said it because they probably thought she’s a doormat who would put up with them to the end. I think they are finally realizing what they’ve done to Elja but it’s too late now. Ren was also there to witness everything and supports Elja wholeheartedly in separating from the family.

15. Geedi

Geedi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if you dint mind me asking around what chapter was that

Darcy likes this.
  16. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it’s in chapter 81. The end of chapter 80 went something like this:
    Crocus Duchy

Duchess: Darling!
    Johannes: Father!
    Elja: Mother!

Duchess pushes Elja away from holding up her husband.

Elja: ?
    Duchess: I heard everything from Lilian! No matter how jealous you are of your sister, how can you do such a thing? What did you do to your father?

Ren hugs Elja, concerned for the push she received from her mother.

Ren: Elja!
    Elja: Mother. It’s not like...

Elja notices that her mother and younger brother are under the influence of Arundel magic. Their eyes are red much like her father’s eyes were before Ryan treated him with winter magic. She gets a determined look on her face.

Elja: Duchess.
    Elja: Did you meet Lilian?

So in chapter 81, Elja asks Ren to release her mother and brother from Arundel brainwashing. Ren uses his winter magic on them while the father protests against him. The father even threatens he will file an official complaint against the Amaryllis empire. The magic works to wake up the brother and the mother then Elja, who is clearly fed up with them, tells them that from now on she’ll only be Archduchess Winternight. She’ll no longer get involved with the Crocus family. She tells Ren let’s go and the two turned their backs on the family, enters their carriage and leaves the duchy.

bochucha and rock.doll like this.
  17. phamtasia

phamtasia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What they did to Elja/Aisha, it was done back to them tenfold by their beloved daughter, Lilian.

ecl95 and Celebrianna like this.
  18. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, perhaps I should also add the conversation that Elja had with her father after he wakes up from the Arundel magic when Louisa and her friends knocked out the father and kidnapped him so that Elja could treat him. I think the conversation also led to Elja’s decision to break from the family.

Also, on the way to bring her father back to the duchy, Ren revealed to Elja that Lilian confessed her “love” to him. Now, keep in mind that this translation is from an app so it’s not perfect. I tried to make sense of most of it with the help of the images in chapter 80.
    Duke: Mm-hmmm.
    Elja: .... !!!
    Elja: Father! Are you awake?
    Duke: Elja? Why are you here?
    Duke: ...!!!

He suddenly experience fragmented memories.

Duke: What’s the date today? How long have I been sleeping?
    Duke: What happened to Lilian’s engagement?!
    Elja: The engagement...it’s tomorrow.
    Duke: Yeah...that’s a relief.
    Duke: I remember something but it’s all fragmentary memories that go back and forth. What the hell is that?
    Duke: I need to see him first.
    Duke: Something terrible is going to happen at Lilian’s engagement. The bastard tricked/cheated me.
    Elja’s thoughts: Is Arundel doing something at Lilian’s engagement?
    Ren: Even if you meet, it won’t work. The king of Robelia is completely deceived just like His Excellency, the Duke.
    Duke: You’re...
    Ren: It’s my first time greeting you, Duke of Crocus. I’m Lucaren Winternight, Elja’s husband.
    Duke: Aah, you’re Elja’s husband? I’m embarrassed to see you like this from the beginning.
    Ren: Don’t worry.
    Duke: But what do you mean that Your Highness is deceived? Do you happen to know who’s responsible for all this?
    Ren: Yes. He’s a bloodline left by a family purged from Amaryllis a long time ago.
    Ren: I came here on a mission to prevent his conspiracy.
    Duke: I see. That’s how it is.

The Duke clutches the bedsheet.

Duke: Come to think of it, what the Empire (Amaryllis) has done must be taken care of by the Empire.
    Duke: Please stop him from doing anything stupid at my daughter’s wedding!

Elja looks mad.

Elja: That’s sophistry, Father! What do you mean to go ahead with the engagement when a lot of people might get hurt?
    Duke: Do you know how much Lilian looked forward to her engagement with Prince Carles? I’ve managed to persuade the King to come to terms with the Energy Stone, and if there’s any setbacks, she’ll be hurt!
    Elja: !!
    Elja: You’ve only joined hands with a terrible, evil man because of Lilian’s engagement?
    Duke: Didn’t you say I was fooled? And what do you mean?
    Duke: You’re not even a-

Ren cuts the Duke’s yelling off by interrupting. His face looks dark as he responds.

Ren: Your Excellency is right.
    Ren: The empire will take care of what the Empire did.

Ren hugs Elja around the shoulder.

Ren: But I think we should take a break now. Elja couldn’t sleep for a long time because of her concern for you.
    Duke: Aah.
    Duke: Elja, I’m...

Elja gets up and turns her back to him.

Elja: I’ll take you to the mansion. Go back and rest.

Elja turns to look at him disappointedly.

Elja: It’s been a year. Father.

Scene changes to carriages in the streets. Duke is in a carriage with White Knights and our couple is in their own carriage.

Elja: Ren, I’m pretty sure Arundel is going to do something dangerous. Is it right to proceed with the engagement ceremony like this?
    Ren: Since Arundel has an important plan for life and death, he will enforce the engagement by any means necessary.
    Ren: If we meet Prince Carles and make minimal preparations, we can reduce some damage but...
    Ren’s thoughts: In the process if Lilian Crocus intervenes and says something wrong, the situation may become more complicated.

Ren looks a little tense as he decides to tell Elja about the banquet night.

Ren: Elja. I know it’s a little sudden but...
    Ren: I have something to tell you.
    Elja: What is it?
    Ren: Actually, I was fighting Arundel at the last banquet and Lilian Crocus suddenly appeared.
    Elja: Pardon? Why would Lili...

Elja suddenly has a flashback where she sees Lilian hurrying along the red carpet to go outside the banquet hall.

Elja’s thoughts: Come to think of it, she looked at the door with a reminiscent face for a long time and suddenly ran out.
    Elja’s thoughts: I completely forgot because I was so busy all the time.
    Ren: Arundel disappeared when Lilian appeared probably worried that the disturbance would get bigger.
    Ren: And the young woman who came up to me...
    Ren: She confessed her love to me.

Elja looks surprised.

Elja: Pardon?
    Ren: Of course, it was not worth thinking about, so I firmly refused, but it was stupid.
    Ren: I’ve never seen anyone so impossible.
    Elja: ....
    Elja: I don’t know what it was like. I can only guess. I’m sure Ren didn’t care.
    Elja: (I don’t understand her translated response here so I’ll omit it.)
    Ren: I thought a lot about how to bring this up to you. I’ve thought about hiding it but...As expected, I don’t want to lie to you.
    Elja: .....

Elja has a dark or embarrassed look.

Elja: Thanks for telling me, Ren. My sister’s rudeness is something I’ll take care of.

Elja starts having thoughts that appear in black bubbles.

Elja’s thoughts: Am I supposed to apologize for you?
    Elja’s thoughts: Your sister confessed to her sister’s husband whom she’s only seen a few times.
    Elja’s thoughts: What kind of person could do that?

Ren: One more thing, it’s about the glass vial that Violet gave me yesterday.
    Ren: At the time I couldn’t say it but it was actually a powerful sleeping pill.
    Ren: It seems the Duke was also responsible for procuring human sacrifices for Arundel magic experiments.
    Elja:... I see.

Elja thinks back to the Duke saying:
    “Do you know how much Lilian looked forward to her engagement with Prince Carles? I’ve managed to persuade the King to come to terms with the Energy Stone and if there’s any setbacks, she’ll be very hurt.”

In the present, Elja thinks:

Elja’s thoughts: And yet, all that complacency. (I think she means her father is acting like he didn’t kill people for Lilian’s successful engagement to the prince)

Ren: If Elja wants, we’ll take care of Crocus in the future.
    Elja: Ren.
    Ren: Yes, Elja.
    Elja: So far, I think I was too sentimental.
    Elja: I blamed all the bad things on Arundel magic. I thought that if we solved this problem... I had that stupid idea that everyone would get better.
    Ren: It’s not stupid at all. I would have done the same, Elja.
    Elja: Even if you reattach the fruit from the branches, it won’t be the same as before.
    Elja: Thank you, Ren.
    Elja: Thanks to you I think I can tie the knot for sure now. (I think this means that she won’t give up yet...she’ll tie a knot and hold on now that she’s reached the end of the rope)

After this, Elja gets to the duchy to deliver her father and her mother attacks her. Ren heals them of the brainwashing and Elja cuts ties with them since she’s finally reached the end of her limit.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  19. Geedi

Geedi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ty can u post that next olease i cant find alink where to read it. Her interactions with her mom and when shes done

o and last time when they ask for help at the end and they get send back

ty

20. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 87
    Elja wakes up on what looks like an ice bed in a frozen land. A winter fairy is shown hovering nearby. Elja thinks to herself that this is not the engagement venue. She looks at her surroundings and sees the winter fairy. She thinks she died and couldn’t solve anything. She thinks about Ren and everybody. Then it’s like someone or Elja says it’s too early to be sad.

Elja looks inquiringly and then sees a dark haired young girl approaching her. Elja asks her who she is. The girl says she’s a little embarrassed to say it herself but Elja will be familiar with the title “the girl in the winter story”.

Elja is surprised and asks the girl if it wasn’t a legend but instead a real story about a person. The girl said of course she really existed. She said she had a hard time back then and scolds Elja not to make her a fictional character. lol Elja apologizes. The girl clears her throat and tells Elja that she’s here to give her a hint. She tells Elja that she (Elja) can stand up to winter. She encourages Elja that she knows how to do it because she’s already experienced it. She touches Elja’s forehead with her index finger and there’s a shine when she does this.

Elja suddenly has a flashback to when she was holding her father’s hand when he was lying unconscious in bed after Ren healed him with his winter magic. It shows that there was black stuff on Elja’s hand after she held her father’s hand. I’m not sure what actually happened but I guess this is the key.

The winter girl told Elja that her (winter girl) body was broken without ?buffering? the powerful winter power but Elja will be different. She gently holds Elja’s hands and tells her to please go and win this long fight. Elja thanks the winter girl and promises her that she’ll make sure to do that. Elja also asks the winter girl her name. The girl says her name is Elisa. (I believe Elja will give this name to her daughter) She then hugs the girl and thanks her for enduring the pain and cold and for protecting so many people with her small body. Elja tells her she is the most lovely and proud child in the world. Elisa eyes fill with tears and then Elja disappears from the winter scenery. Meanwhile, Elisa, with a tear in her eye, says to herself, if there’s a chance, she and Elja will be able to meet again.

Back at the engagement venue, there is blood dripping on the ground. Some of the white knights are down and some are still fighting. Red head dude says to them, why are they interrupting him and they’re all weak. There’s a surge of black spirits through the golden door. Red head is ecstatic. I guess this means the measures that Ren’s parents took on the other side are now diminishing. He’s laughing as he approaches Ren who is still holding Elja as she’s healed with winter magic.

Red head asks if Elja is still alive. He mocks Ren that he’s putting in a lot of effort. He says if Ren had stopped injecting winter magic for a moment into Elja, she would have died. Red head says he feels very good right now because his long cherished dream will come true. Ren ignores him as he continues to heal Elja. Red head walks passed them and taunts that he will show mercy to them to the end. He said to keep an eye on the ecstatic scenery of winter covering the world. He laughs and says his long awaited dream is happening and he is looking forward to this. Everything will be a perfect death.

Ren finally tells red head that red head’s forefathers have always tried this and they are as stupid as ever. lol Red head seems offended as he asks, “What?” Ren tells him that Arundel has always been intoxicated with their power and they’ve always come to an end without accomplishing anything. Ren tells him he should know it best because he’s seen the memories of his ancestors. Ren adds that it won’t be different this time as well. He tells Ren to shut up. Ren answers that he’s not wrong and that the world will never freeze. In addition, Ren says that red head will be the only one who loses his life there and that the winter he hangs on to will be over forever. The world red head wants will never come.

The irate red head yells for Ren to shut up. Perhaps he wanted to exert his power more but then a burst of winter magic starts to spread wider and it seems that Elja has returned to her consciousness. Red head collapses to his knees by the assault of winter magic and even the black spirits are annihilated.

A smiling Elja cups Ren’s cheek and tells him that she’s sorry to have worried him. On his knees, red head asks what the hell is this terrible mana. He yells belligerently asking what did she do. Elja approaches redhead and I’m not exactly sure what she does but redhead seems to be choking. I’m not sure if she’s absorbing the arundel magic or redirecting it but whatever she’s doing, she taking it from the red head as well as from an unconscious Lilian.

The end

So indeed it looks like Elja will save Lilian’s life. One thing I like about this development is that I always wondered what was going on with the black stuff on Elja’s hand when she touched her father several chapters ago. It seems that what happened then is the key to putting an end to redhead’s scheme.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021