Recommendations MC's that dont care

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by East49, Mar 4, 2021.

1. East49

East49 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking for MCs that dont give a damn about anything (and an interesting plot plez)
    Would prefer BL/yaoi/shounen ai, action, transmigration/QT, or rebirth but I'm open to everything ^^

(gore/violence is welcome, just looking for thrill and an MC that isn't bothered by morals and stuff)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  2. LastEnD

LastEnD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. GinMagi

GinMagi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Swordmeister of Rome
    The main character is a genius from birth, due to this he just doesn't care about pretty much anything.
    The finished novel can be found on Webnovel or other aggregator sites.

East49 likes this.
  4. East49

East49 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! Reading them rn~

5. FajarRJ

FajarRJ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. East49

East49 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! More books--but why're there only two chapters??

7. Damsell in Distress

Damsell in Distress Waiting for dashing MC to save me from myself

Reading List:
    Link
    Quick transmigration with female lead aura maybe..??
    All MC care is big gold though, other than that, mehhh...

8. Charlzie

Charlzie Member

Reading List:
    Link

9. k.inn

k.inn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Little Mushroom: https://chrysanthemumgarden.com/novel-tl/lm/
    - This one actually doesn't have your classic "zombies" but rather, once infected, people turn into a mutant sort of animal. Plus natural animals/bugs are all extremely dangerous, Australian fun-sized, infectious, and will rip you apart. The apocalypse here spans several generations.
    - MC is a mutant mushroom (definitely not human) that sneaks into a military base to find his spore (basically his child) that the humans stole from him for research purposes. He's not naive in a technical sense but he's quite interesting as an MC. What you would basically expect from a mushroom: soft, ignorant, and an indifferent observer to humanity. Morals aren't really a thing for him because he's a mushroom. He just kind... does his thing/minds his own business. There are a lot of dark and mature themes that the MC observes but doesn't quite react to
    Illegal business, murder for the sake of humanity, corruption, prostitut*on, human experiments. These aren't talked about in detail, some are more implied, and MC isn't involved (except for illegal business like making/selling replica dolls) but he does witness it. He also will feed parts of his body to people (in mushroom form) to cause hallucinations if he feels he's in danger.
    - The ML is a "judge" whose job is to execute people if they're suspected of infection. No abilities in this one either. I wouldn't say the romance developed quickly in this one either... but you can tell that ML treats MC quite differently than everyone else.
    - Completed on NU

After my Ex-Boyfriend's White Moonlight Proposed to Me
    : https://www.novelupdates.com/series/after-my-ex-boyfriends-white-moonlight-proposed-to-me/?pg=2

- MC literally does not give a damn about anything except for art (even then, he's pretty calm and chill. A quiet enthusiast?)
    - MC is super indifferent to everyone and everything
    - He's from a rich family but he's lowkey and doesn't show it off. He also doesn't care about being slandered online despite being the original artist of several big games. MC did nothing to fix his reputation/clarify. It was the game company who came out to say something for their artist lol.
    - MC knows his ex-bf is cheating on him but literally waited to catch evidence (didn't even try to find evidence in the first place though lol). He only broke up because he walked in on his boyfriend and another person in bed conveniently when he went back to get something.
    - MC's friend admits that his friend's brain is wired strangely

Friend: Didn't I tell you for years that he was cheating on you? Did you trust him that much?
    MC: I had no evidence.
    Friend: ... so you waited to get evidence to break up?
    MC: Yes, isn't that how it works?

- MC didn't bother to figure out ML's name or ask about it despite becoming friends/going into each other's houses. Just called him Mr. Blue Whale.
    - Not really a thriller but definitely an indifferent MC

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  10. Joao Vitor

Joao Vitor Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  11. East49

East49 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks!! Stocking up on all your recommendations~

12. babybb

babybb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You might like ‘I wasn’t born lucky.’ I’d say the protagonist definitely fits within your criteria

13. East49

East49 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh! Thanks!!