Spoiler About Ascendance of a Bookworm

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Yumika12345, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Fantasy-Magician

Fantasy-Magician Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly II like devouring better but whatever ha ha ha- but the potion is not diluting someone's color, it's basically making the drinker's color as close as possible to the one concocting. This is why Karstedt early on... when pondering about investigating Bezewanzt (former High Bishop) crime pray their colors aren't close. So the potion isn't that potent really. Which is why
    Cossumption/devouring is basically a thin all attributes with the land's color being a thin dominant color, Mark of Ewegeliebe and Devouring arent one and the same by the way, that magic stones caused because she had almost died, mana harden and became stone you mention after is the mark. That's what Ferdinand accidentally dye btw... those stones basically become some sort of teabag- well Ferdinand's mana tea that leak into her body since trombe incident? Or the mind-reading for a few years and even then he arm her from head to toe with amulets with his mana all over- I think he just assumes she is just comfortable wearing foreign mana or something after that one time she feels repulsed and not afterward.

Yuukiyuki and saix2 like this.
  2. lady-kyo

lady-kyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    consumption and the brand of the god of life are the same thing. In chapter 585 Rosemyne herself, reading in the wisdom of Mestionora, she says she is a child with the mark of the god of life. And this potion does not make the person stay with the color of those who are drinking it, but it facilitates the mixing of colors, so this potion is used when a nobleman wants to make his wife pregnant.
    The magic that Ferdinand uses on Myne in the case of Trombe is too small to have caused the color change on her, because if that were so, every time Richard uses the cleaning magic, Rosemyne's color would change. It is only in the situation of memory reading that Ferdinand has a lot of magic in myne, coloring the magic stones inside her body.
    About her being able to use so many objects made by his magic, I don't know what they imagined, maybe they believed they were very compatible, so she didn't mind.

Yuukiyuki and Aeolian like this.
  3. lady-kyo

Reading List:
    Link
    He didn't know it was permanent, because this potion has been and is used on other people, and over time (from a week to a month) the magic returns to its original color.
    There is no communication with the gods, it is something very, very rare. Rosemyne was alone when she found out, she knew when she received the wisdom of Mestionora and Airmein mistakes her for Ferdinand (he is a god who came down to earth and protects humans who have magic). Only she, Ferdinand and some of her attendants know that they have the same color, and they don't speak to anyone else.

Aeolian likes this.
  4. Aeolian

Aeolian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I'm guessing there was a moment where she unwittingly shared that the Gods mistook her for Ferdi and that made everyone know and started Syl tease towards her.

5. lady-kyo

Reading List:
    Link
    There was a meeting with Sylvester, Florentina, Ferdinand and Rosemyne, and Ferdinand says that he is going to paint Rosemyne so that she will have the magic human signature (that was after Mesteonora entered her body) and Sylvester is "how are you going to marry her without getting engaged ". Ferdinand doesn't explain but he says that Rosemyne's colors have been influenced by his color for years. But he doesn't talk about why she got his color before, and in the room were only Sylvester and Florentina and they don't tell other people about it.

Yuukiyuki, Jukki and Aeolian like this.
  6. Aeolian

Reading List:
    Link
    ROFL- I can definitely imagine how Sylvester will start teasing both Ferdi and Mayn at this point.

Arigatou zonjimasu!

Jukki and lady-kyo like this.
  7. Fantasy-Magician

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry no- consumption/devouring are not one and the same as brand of god of life- she has it because she is a devouring child that have survive life and death situation.Freida is also a devouring child but she has no Ewegeliebe's mark because she never nearly died like Myne.
    The magic Ferdinand use on Myne is indeed small but it does affect her somewhat- hence why she was in pain. It's different than cleaning magic because it's only the effect of magic wrap Rozemyne and NOT the mana itself- it's complicated... but that's basically why blessings doesn't affect other's color either. What Ferdinand did is injecting his mana inside her body and force the repulsion of mana to seal her wound, it's different.
    Her being able to wear so many amulets actually raise an eyebrow, it's not normal but she doesn't wear them excessively until her third year when she become christmas tree- and after their engagement. Which is when she is wearing them many in open view... and raise eyebrows.

8. Aeolian

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the whole 'being able to wear a lot of amulets' raising many eyebrows because of mana compatibility between the two or because of the meaning behind the gesture of gifting amulets? (in the way that gifting sb with bedding is only for family or mistress or fiancé(e)) Or is it both?

On that note - you lost me at 'she became christmas tree'. proceeds to roll on the floor laughing hysterically

saix2 likes this.
  9. Fantasy-Magician

Reading List:
    Link
    Wearing amulets apparently cost some mana, so it's more of a fashion to wear embroidered magic circle I think? So it also signifies her insane amount of mana but it gets complicated when amulets are made by someone else. It's not the gesture behind gifting amulets, but feystones containing someone else's mana (which may be amulets or just courtship tool) affect the wearer's mana color. Especially for a lady like Rozemyne, most would assume if they were wearing pretty amulets/jewelries with mana- they're influencing her mana color and as mentioned before the closer your colors, the easier for you to conceive children of your partner.

Also apparently wearing courtship magical tool would always give a bit sense of discomfort for a while and it usually toned down, and if the male have more attributes they wouldn't put attribute their lady don't have on the feystones at first. Rozemyne being able to wear so many jewelries with his mana raise eyebrows because of... well- mana compatibility and also the meaning behind the gesture, but the main reason is.... it's shameful PDA.
    It's somewhere between wearing full set of couple paired clothes in public... and walking around with neck full of hickeys.

Glad you like the christmas tree joke- and yes, she makes a pretty dancing christmas tree... or rather Dietlinde beat her at being christmas tree because Dietlinde's one is blinking like proper fairy lights.

10. yunaa

yunaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thankyou for spoilers

11. lady-kyo

Reading List:
    Link
    The big problem is that she receives these amulets from Ferdinand, because it is usually the parents who make these amulets (when the person is a child), one of the reasons is for the magic compatibility, since the nobleman would have half the magic of the father and half of the mother , the repulsion would be minimal. Another reason would be that the amulets are for protection, and you would not trust anyone to do that. on the web novel where Hanellore is the protagonist we find out that she received a protective amulet from her brother's attendant, at his behest, and nobody thought that was strange, so receiving one or two amulets from other people would not be strange if that person was close to family (someone you trust) the problem is that all of Rosemyne's amulets were made by Ferdinand, she didn't receive anything from her parents, adoptive parents or the fiance, only from Ferdinand, it raises a lot of eyebrows, as not everyone knows of this. Only her attendants know that all her amulets are Ferdinand's creations (her parents, Willfred and sylvestre also know), in the aristocratic school she only uses an amulet from him (one that repels attacks) and it is further explained that this amulet is to prevent her from being kidnapped again, to receive an amulet the brother of Aub, who is famous for his excellence in magic circles would not be so strange. To avoid strange rumors, she lies about who she received the hair adornment from (the one with the 5 magic stones) and says that it was Willfred who gave it to her, with the help of Ferdinand and Sylvester.
    When she becomes engaged to Ferdinand she starts to wear even more amulets, and many of them are visible (before, many were hidden inside her clothes), people find it strange, raises many eyebrows, Hanellora even thinks that this is a form of Ferdinand show the world that Rosemyne is going to be exclusively his, and that their magic is extremely compatible.

12. lady-kyo

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG][CITAÇÃO = "Fantasy-Magician, post: 6162330, member: 63688"] ou melhor, Dietlinde bateu nela por ser árvore de natal porque a de Dietlinde está piscando como luzes de fada carregada. [/ CITAR]
    E também tem vários enfeites em forma de flor (acho que ela tinha 7 anos) e com um penteado alto para ficar ainda mais parecido com uma árvore de natal.
    https://pin.it/3Z2Imbf
    just imagine the image of the link with the lights flashing

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    RiannNeko likes this.
  13. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    Hannelore 24 and 25 has just been updated this week. So far no new clues about the meeting between Egrantine and Hannelore. Only determination from Egrantine that after supposedly 1 year (from this time) she will be able to take GH from Avermien (not the magic tool from the underground library - queen made). Now on ch25 we proceed to Hannelore's PoV about the Bride Stealing Ditter and why this is dangerous specially for low ranking territories who applies. The participants might not know that people can die in that Ditter. Hannelore recalled the Ditters from 1st yr, 2nd yr and 3rd yr where everyone was just lucky becoz of Rozemyne's healing. That is why she needed Egrantine to intervene (less casualties) and she agreed by giving her a letter to be read by Aub Dunkelfelger.

Actually I'm more hyped about the Bride stealing ditter now. This is going to be another f*ck*d up moment for Aub Gold dust (Corinzdaum) the only difference unlike the Royal meeting (were the details are closed to the public) if he loose here, I wonder if he will be able to recover. Sorry if I want him to loose.

I know the fan favorite right now is Kentrips he is good for the stability of Dunkelfelger but I also like Orthvene from Drevanchel after all you technically get married to get away from the control or influence of your parents and start a new family. Whatever the author choose in the end I hope for Hannelore's happiness.

14. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm very much confused with Wildred character in this spin off.

15. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    Wilfred is not interested. Hannelore got dump before Dreffan Goa possess her. Dreffan Goa even gave her 1yr back in time to try again.

lazynoodles likes this.
  16. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She was rejected like twice by him.
    Well, maybe because it's not Wilfred pov so we're not seeing things from his way of thinking. I just couldnt understand the development of his personality and character from mid part 4 and the new spin off. Or maybe because I just bias toward him XD

lazynoodles likes this.
  17. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't be mean to Wilfred he is currently in the process of letting go and moving on. Finding meaning to his life. The child is not really ready for commitments after what happened to him, good thing he didn't think too much about it or he'll end up like ex High Bishop and Georgene.

Jukki likes this.
  18. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hei, Wilfred is my baby ah.
    I think, the reason he is not ambitious (in love/power) anymore might due to the whole Rozemain being too OP as his fiance and sister, the powerful factions and people didnt really support him with how he was being raised by Veronica and he was dethroned as the heir as punishment before. It crushed all his self confidence and self esteemed to be a leader again.
    Aaaaahhhhh . . .

Jukki likes this.
  19. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    Its kinda the fault of Veronica and her goons trying to educate him as a puppet Aub. Now that the weeds around Wilfred are gone (I hope so), let's wait for his positive character growth. It looks to me he is aiming as Knight Commander right now.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    lazynoodles, Tarniaesquetta and Jukki like this.
  20. Aeolian

Reading List:
    Link
    Small question unrelated to Hannelore:

In which chapter (Web Novel) does Ferdi give Myne the headdress?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    lazynoodles likes this.