LCD I Came Back And Conquered It All

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Mar 1, 2021.

1. L-a-w

L-a-w Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The owner of replica is a person of the future that was killed by randy which is still a baby so I would say that said person has yet to awaken and a nobody to start with

2. L-a-w

L-a-w Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My understanding of the story is fine considering that I have read up to 129 chapter so far, feel free to till me which part I got wrong.

3. Lurking

Lurking Do the dead suffer, or is it a sweet release?

Reading List:
    Link
    is this what happens in the bl thread where ppl fight about their own interpretations of the story and don't realize everyone has their own interpretation and view of life?

Its been a while since ive encountered such a thing, ive only heard rumors of it happening on nuf.

Hayden likes this.
  4. Iceberg231

Iceberg231 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So you only speak shit and when people call you out, you either say you wont bother to read it or everyone else is wrong and you re right

5. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If that's how you want to interpret it, feel free.

6. tylom

tylom New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @jacobpaige It's like you're reading Death Note and writing that it has too many action scenes and is too Shonen with too many fillers... you're bound to trigger someone. Especially in this case, since this novel is one of the better ones of the 'regression' genre. There's nothing generic about this story, there are a handful of surprises and page turning twists throughout. Are we reading the same book?

7. Cyanhart

Cyanhart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this good? I mean its translation. i couldn't help but notice in the synopsis the change from third person to first person pov seemingly out of nowhere, would it be like that all throughout?

userunfriendly likes this.
  8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't recall saying it was bad, or even generic. In fact, I'm pretty sure I literally said that it wasn't bad and complimented it at least once on subverting my expectations.

The things I posted about the various chapters were simply what I felt about them at the time that I read them. If people want to discuss that, I'm fine with it. This is an LCD after all. If people want to tell me I'm an awful person for not shutting my brain off though, then I don't really want to talk to them or hear what they have to say.
    The first chapter is pretty bad. It improves afterward, but it never gets as good as something like Cultivation Chat Group's translation.

Cyanhart likes this.
  9. tylom

tylom New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes those are done by the community and not by the translator since anyone can edit/write it. Also, in KR they are typically written vaguely like that and oddly.

What do you mean? I just read it again... it's high quality.

Cyanhart likes this.
  10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly don't remember at this point. I've read literally hundreds of chapters since then. I just remember thinking "Yep, I can see why people were complaining" and later thinking "Hmm, this isn't as bad as it was in the beginning, not great, but not really bad." If community members can correct chapters though, then I'd assume that someone went through and cleaned up the first chapter since I read it.

11. L-a-w

L-a-w Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the synopsis is and old Translation that has been changed
    and no it doesn't change POV, it's usually told from the MC's pov

12. L-a-w

L-a-w Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The TL we redone for a better quality after the series started taking off, i would recommend re reading as lots of the stuff u mentioned in your original post were wrong.
    the edit part he was talking about was meant for the synopsis.

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C67: I thought for sure that people would realize he killed the dragon. Honestly, I think I prefer this.

I figured he was going to seal it in metal that would silence it forever, not brainwash it through torture. This feels like a less safe method, especially if he's going to be handing it off to his friend.

C68: If the Contract can still be broken so long as the sword is willing to pay the price, then I'm not really sure that this is all that meaningful. The sword could still totally escape if it was willing to injure itself in the process, and it would almost certainly do its best to get revenge in any way it could that wouldn't require it to approach him.

Um, Seo Jin Wook isn't the name of the MC's soul... How would that contract be binding?

The "shall not induce or recommend" line feels like it might be a loop hole. If the sword simply mentions that he's under contract to the MC, then someone asks if they could sign such a contract too, then the sword won't have violated the contract. It just has to make sure that's its not thinking about getting the person to sign a contract with it when it says such a thing. Sure, that requires a lot of self control and mental gymnastics, but its still possible. Heck, it could even happen by accident. Still, this is a summary, so the actual document may deal with this problem.

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C69: Honestly, I kinda thought he'd ask the third in command to talk his father out of showing up. Considering that his father's reputation is already in the gutter, I have to wonder what he plans to gain from confronting him publicly.

C70: I wonder how he got in. Did he travel from an adjacent dungeon, or did he make him and his party invisible and slip in in front of everyone?

C71: I can't help but feel that this batch of chapters is much more poorly translated than normal. I can still mostly tell what's going on, but there are definitely details that I'm missing or misunderstanding.

That aside, the bit with the dragon was funny ;)

C72: Ah, so it was stealth. Probably the better option. It would be hard to explain how he knew exactly which other dungeon to approach this one from.

C73: I wonder how many of those 108 quests will be left by the time there's a second chosen ;)

Well, there's his coordinate problem sorted. I honestly thought he'd need to actually go to new places to get their coordinates, but now he can basically go wherever as long as he can afford the gas.

15. Diato

Diato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the translation improved? Active translation took so many novels but their translation is disappointing, i feel like reading mtl and I am losing my brain cells

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C74: He shouldn't have warned the Ministry Spirit. Now she'll have a plan of her own when they meet again ;)

Was it a mistranslation, or did the rings say that they didn't stack? If they did say that, then why did he equip any, much less two when the sword already performs the same function? Also, why didn't he give any to the necromancer who could definitely benefit from it greatly?

C77: Hmm, I wonder how the seed being destroyed will effect him then. He's not really the original host, and its not attacking anything biological.

17. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    I seem to recall the sword amplified sword energy, rather than mana. Thus, the author pretty much blessed it with plot armor.:rolleyes:

The mage would get more use out of it. I’m sure he plans to hand his over to Nate once his mana reaches 100,000. :ROFLMAO:

jacobpaige likes this.
  18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C82: Why did he go out of his way to spare the criminal Awakened?

C83: I wonder why he didn't ask about Mercadius.

So, if the Empire's tech is valued by even those in the main quest, and the people in the main quest are so far beyond the tutorial that nothing in the tutorial worlds really interest them, then why is the item that protected the imperial family of the empire only an SS class item?

C85: Why not contact the observers and tell them that one of the visitors was interfering in the tutorial in a negative way? Isn't preventing that exactly why they're there? Heck, they might even be willing to help him eliminate the seed, as well as track down its source.

I was half expecting a note to be left for the thief with his name on it. I wonder what the MC wants him to do now that he's become a puppet.

19. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    ‘Cause he’s not a mass murderer? So far he’s killed when necessary, but doesn’t enjoy it.

He knew about the Observers on earth, but nothing he’s said indicated he knew about the others on earth, who are not Observers. The MC obviously doesn’t want to give this guy more information. Remember, questions are as revealing as answers, as they indicate how much the questioner knows.

Possibly SS rank items are second tier for less important members of the empire? Even SS items are super rare. :eek:

At this point, there’s absolutely no reason to trust the Observers more that this guy, who is an idiot, as the MC keeps tricking him to reveal information, without spending experience points.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    He joined forces to murder their leader when its completely unnecessary for him to do so. He's got more than enough ways of incapacitating someone so much weaker than himself if he feels like it. Or, if he didn't, then just standing there would have had him dead in the same timeframe.

If SS are super rare and valued even in the main quest, then why wouldn't main quest people come to worlds that just finished the tutorial to rob them blind? Instead, it was clearly stated that the majority of worlds believe that tutorial worlds have nothing of interest to offer.