Spoiler A Stepmother's Märchen

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by twistingfeelings, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Littlemo

Littlemo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone tell me about the crown prince? What's his deal? He isn't a bad guy is he?(I hope not) also...why does his late mother look so much like Shuli? very..suspect :hmm:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  2. Noura

Noura Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So how did she turn back in time? Was it because of someone's sacrifice like in most manhua i read or was it just gods work lol.

Also, how the hell did Albert or Adingtom betray her? In the manhua its shown that he was looking for her and found her dead? Or am i mixing up two different persons now? And will someone remember their first life or is it just her? Im always sad when that happens tbh.

In these kind of manhua i always wait for the characters that are important to remember their first life so they can feel the pain that they afflicted on the mc (like the bastard from abandoned princess) or so that they know something happend and help her yk. Sadly thats not the case in most manhua

3. Eelillya

Eelillya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

He is super horrible manipulative person who does everything he can to make sure he is loved the most by everyone around him.

Ravenz and Jukki like this.
  4. AileenOwO

AileenOwO Queen of Headaches

Reading List:
    Link
    She died at her first life, killed when she was on the carriage leaving after she thought Jeremy didnt want her at his wedding. I forgot who killed her but jeremy blamed her knight and kinda... Punish his soon to be bride?

Raven Evernight likes this.
  5. Aksakov229

Aksakov229 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Waiting for this manhwa to update... someone know why they're not updating or the artist on hiatus?:sushi_dead:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  6. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    Nobody knows. maybe there is a merciful God out there.

He betrayed her by divulging security details about her trip. Only the people in the house know where she is going and while; Shuli did insist on two guards, he should have insisted more since she is still the head of the family. I think you're mixing up the 2 different Abbingtons. The original Abbigton spieled her whereabouts when she was going to the wedding and leaving her vulnerable to the attack. Current Abbington is currently supporting the lady since she reversed his opinion of him about her (i.e. she si taking care fo the children, she is not making irresponsible decisions etc.)

No, only she remembers.

While it might be beneficial for people to recall their first life, I think it's a double-edged sword. For example, Shuli's death. In my opinion, if she remembered how she looked like when she was killed, I think she would be traumatized beyond belief. I don't think she will ever trust anyone again or even deliberately abandon the children. Recalling your memories is a tricky thing and most of the time, you can't pick or choose the memories you want. Her first life was so tragic and traumatic that if that happened, we would side with her to any actions she may have done - even if it borders on abuse. There is also the concept of forgiveness and letting go. I don't think Shuli with those memories will ever let go of unresolved resentment. I am not advocating for her to forgive everybody if she does not want it but I don't think the resentment from those truamtic memories will help her lead a good life even without the people she knows now.

7. AileenOwO

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah and Shuli in her first life kinda think that all the children hate her, she push everyone away. If she were to remember that she died on the way after the misunderstanding with Jeremy, she will think that the children, especially Jeremy probably, actually have the thoughts of killing her in the first place(?) Note that she accepted her life in the first timeline and decided to leave by herself

8. Eiidachan

Eiidachan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 61 english scan is out now.

Again, there are differences from the novel spoilers. Abington is sentenced to death, under the charge of failing his master. Abington is so distraught that it seems he's like in a catatonic state, not even trying to defend himself or even responding to anyone, just waiting for his execution. It seems he believes that the sentence given to him is justified.

And turns out that Nora fell in love with Shuli since the first moment they met, and even more so after he watched over Shuli under the emperor's order. He realized why she made a bad image of herself, feeling their mutual loneliness due to isolation, so he cried after she died.

And Abington's priest friend, who reported to the Cardinal about Shuli's movement, which led to the assassination, begged for his help to spare Abington from execution. Of course, I doubt that the Cardinal would listen to him. Stupid priest!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  9. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    Latest Release:
    Albercht Abbington is sentenced to die and is pending for execution due to his actions of being lax on his job. I guess that is the only thing that sticks because they can't prove that he conspired with a childhood friend who is a cog of the Cardinal. Seems he lost his mind. Said childhood friend is pleading the Cardinal to save him and my comment on that 'you poor, sweet summer child.' No way he isn't gonna be executed coz he is the scapegoat and the Cardinal, nor the Church, will not save him. They will stupid to be incriminated.

On Nora. Guess he did fall for her in the previous timeline. I am somewhat relieved that even in his POV, he understood her way beyond the people that surround her. Like some strangers know better than your own circle of people (friends, family, etc). I guess they are really kindred spirits in both timelines and if they would have a chance (again, which they do) I guess they could live off without needing other people. After all, they both treated as outcasts by their own circle to the point that Nora even said that he is just there existing for the sake of existing. Then, you find somebody who could have been the One and it turns out she was made a scapegoat by the factions within your society. It's like the world is really against not just for them, but for him as well.

Damn, all I want now is this. Dunno where it came from but this really sums up my fantasy right now.

@Eliidachan. Sorry. Didn't know you posted first.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  10. Nuzlocke

Nuzlocke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was a conspiracy by his family (and hers) that he only realized because his soon to be bride's face gave it away.

She didn't think they'd kill her after all.

(She's the only one that isn't executed for it lol)

Ravenz and Jukki like this.
  11. Yumiko Heartfilia

Yumiko Heartfilia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IMG_20210305_094442.jpg IMG_20210305_094431.jpg

My eyes...... Shuli is soo beautiful:aww::blobhug:
    IMG_20210305_094423.jpg

Nora and shuli :blobnosebleed::bloblove:

Ravenz, livius, Amanda16 and 19 others like this.
  12. knightsky_gur

knightsky_gur Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im also wondering...DId jeremy love Shuli in the first timeline?

And I think the age difference between Nora and Shuli is 2 years cuz Shuli was 16 yrs old when Jeremy was 14 and i think nora and Jeremy are the same age but I'm not sure so could someone maybe confirm?

simplysharonda likes this.
  13. AileenOwO

Reading List:
    Link
    i still dont get it why the soon-to-be-bride's family feel the need to kill her. They know she intended to leave everything to Jeremy when he finally coming to age and get married. She even leave the mansion for god sake :(( my poor Shuli and the big misunderstanding:blob_teary:

Ravenz and simplysharonda like this.
  14. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    For many people, she is a catalyst or a threat.

For Ohara, it is heavily implied that she will consider any other female as a usurper on her future authority as Jeremy's wife. Doesn't matter if Jeremy acts or denies if he had feelings for Shuli. What matters is Shuli exists and being already aligned as a stepmother and the 2nd wife of the marquess, she believes that eliminating Shuli is the best way for her to assert her authority. In her mind, Shuli can go away but she can also come back because she is still part of the family. She doesn't feel the same threat for Rachel since Rachel is younger than her and she will be married eventually. This is just my theory, but I think she is really jealous of Shuli not because she loved Jeremy but she was able to hold on to her position and even given a reward of a small villa. It's like she this constant uneasiness that will be replaceable while Shuli, even though mistreated, is actually loved and will retain her position once Ohara doesn't measure up as Jeremy's wife.

For the Cardinal, killing her is the catalyst they wanted to finally assert their control over the nobility and the Royal family. Her death gives them an excuse to war wage war because no noble would want to end up like her. She is their sacrifice for future power and authority. It doesn't help that our Creepy Cardinal feels that Shuli can also be cleansed of her supposed sins by death and his line about meeting her again like a pure woman is an obsession and possession in action.

15. Eiidachan

Reading List:
    Link
    It's okay!

Honestly, Abington's childhood friend is nicer than I thought. I initially thought that he's a blind follower of the Cardinal who would do anything he said without question. At least, he still has some conscience for his close friend. Perhaps, to save his friend or out of guilt, the priest will be the one who reveal to the empire that the church was the one who instigated the murder, which lead to the civil war between the empire and the church.

16. Nuzlocke

Nuzlocke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Jeremy's family didn't like her, brides family also saw her as a threat lol

The only one here that wasn't a backstabber would be the bride-to-be, who I'm pretty sure ends up with the red one in both timelines.

If I remember the spoilers right anyway. Bride-to-be was just kind of a bitch, but not really a murderer (Hence why she was able to keep her head)

Furiae19 likes this.
  17. Archaon

Archaon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, he more like a naive, idealistic priest who still have no idea that the church and the cardinal can be corrupt.

18. Meizey

Meizey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, Shuli died in the latest chapter of the manhwa, but I cannot understand is it the first or the second timeline? Will she be alive in the end? Is this how she died in the first timeline and then started her life in the second one after or did she died in the second timeline?

19. Eiidachan

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a flashback of the first timeline. In the second timeline, she lives happily.

Amanda16, kimberlyt and Meizey like this.
  20. AileenOwO

Reading List:
    Link
    i cant help but think that Shuli practically took the hearts of young men :blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove: