Spoiler I Adopt The Male Lead / 남주를 입양합니다

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by afelice, Dec 9, 2020.

1. afelice

afelice Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

RAW LINK KAKAOPAGE

Description :
    I rescued the hero from a fantasy novel and his sister, who were abused by their uncle, and helped him grew up as an Archmage to save the world.

"Can I call you Mom?"

Just once. I thought in the warmth of the children who called me a mother.
    Whatever comes down to me, I'll protect these children.

I met a man who was completely different from the nobility I had seen so far in the Southern Thors, where I had escaped safely and settled down.
    He respects people regardless of their status and thinks of others before himself. And, having dreams that he will never achieve.

"Someday, Thors will be strong and rich enough that no one has to worry about their livelihood and their lives. No mistakes until that day comes."

I thought that would be enough if I and my children could live happily ever after.
    But why? I wanted to reach out to the high sky that this man was looking at.

"Your Highness."
    Even if it's only a few years.
    "I'll help you."

=========

I can't find this title in novelupdates, so no NU link, and I can't find a spoiler thread about, too. i i make mistake feel free to merge the thread if there is an existing one.
    I need a break from Archmage (Rykell you broke my heart :blob_teary:), so I want to share something happier. I'm done reading this book and will put the spoiler there. We need more Mother figures, right~ :aww:

Although it's a short story (just 142 chapters), it's a balance between the serious and cute story. All of the characters have their own insecurities and trying to move on.

2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: May 10, 2022
    Neyva and kawaii12345 like this.
  3. afelice

Reading List:
    Link
    Characters :

Carina
    Our MC, and the loyal maid to Archmage Roland in the "novel".
    She is actually Lord Renque's illegitimate daughter, but he didn't acknowledge and raised Carina as a maid.
    Carina tried to protect Roland & Melissa from Renque's brutality so the horrible things she remembered from the "novel" won't happen.
    In Thors, she used the name "Carina Bloe", the young widow with 2 step-children from her deceased husband.
    Carina worked in a jewel shop in Thors, before she accepted Claude's proposal to be the contract vassal for Thors household.
    When she or the children in danger, usually she will got a visual of the " text in the novel". Carina used that as a reference to plan her move.

Roland Bloe
    The future Archmage & original hero of the "novel".
    In this current timeline he is a genius 8 y.o kid who became Renque's pawn to produce a mage. After they escaped from the north, Roland became afraid to use magic but still experimented behind Carina's back because he wanted to protect her mother and sister. The sweet boy doesn't want to be a burden to Carina, and even begged her to return him to the orphanage when he got sick and Carina got scammed by greedy doctors.

Melissa Bloe
    Roland's younger sister. She died from abuse in the " novel".
    In this current timeline she survived and both Roland & Carina were very protective to her. Melissa also had the magic talent and a capable mage. However, Her true ability is different from Roland's. Melissa excels in detecting magical aura and their power level. She is 7 y.o.

Claude Deviathan Thors
    Our ML. The duke of southern territory. He is an accomplished swordsman, a benevolent lord, and a blacksmith who creates magical weapons from spirit stones.
    In the "novel", he is one of the side characters who appeared several times in his attempt to recruit Roland.
    Claude wanted to make Thors regained its glory after being suppressed for generations by the Imperial family. Unfortunately, he had rotten luck for finding and keeping valuable human resources and there are only 3 vassals left in his disposal in the beginning of the story.
    He tried to recruit Carina Bloe, who has the talent to identify spirit stones and wanted to train her as an appraiser but got rejected. He didn't give up and after he saved Carina's life, he offered her a 5 year contract.
    Claude is the one who suggests Carina to formally adopt Roland & Melissa in Thors (he wanted to add his name in the "father" slot in the adoption paper but he was unable to say it lololol. He got his wish in the epilogue)

Astrid Deviathan Thors
    Claude's adopted sister. Her true parents were the previous Duke's vassal who died at the same day, leaving the newborn all alone without family.
    Astrid and Claude got drifted apart when the Duke & Duchess died, and she grew up under-pressure to maintain her dignity as the princess of Thors while Claude neglected her because he got overworked.
    Astrid befriends Carina, Roland, and Melissa when the three moved to the outer building of the Thors' mansion.

Chess Berkane
    A mage who worked for the Kingdom of Vega for money. He put a rampaging spirit stone to trap Wilder, the jewel shop owner (and Claude's former vassal) but Carina got caught instead.
    Chess finally became Claude's official vassal after the duke & Carina helped him to free his brother from illegal trafficker (who happened to be a minor antagonist in the "novel").
    Chess also became Roland & Melissa's babysitter and magic teacher, plus a victim of Claude's regular random quest because he is jealous of Chess' friendship with Carina lol.

Lord Renque Britain
    A mage. He is Carina's biological father.
    Renque gathered children from orphanages and filtered them to get the most talented child because he wanted to create an Archmage. He blackmailed Roland to train magic with Melissa as leverage. If Roland failed, Melissa will be punished. "Novel"! Renque shifted the abuse to Carina after Melissa died.
    In this current story, Renque tried to search for Carina after she took the children and when he finally found her, he blackmailed her daughter to return the children to him. Fortunately, Claude prepared a nasty trap for him so Roland & Melissa's safety was guaranteed.

Oliver Larkford / Verriol
    The main antagonist of the "novel". Archmage Roland met him when he reached his thirties.
    Verriol opened a crack to the abyss and Roland jumped in to stop the demons inside, ultimately saved the world.
    Verriol used grand scale magic to escape to the past, and he planned to destroy Roland before he became adult. He infiltrated Renque's house but Carina & the children already escaped...

It's not a novel. The real main characters of the story are Archmage's Roland AND the loyal nanny Carina. Roland wanted to write an autobiography and asked Carina to help him write it down. Carina purposely avoided writing about herself except some scenes (where she became a victim of rampaging spirit stones and kidnapped by Roland's enemy).

Roland fell into despair when Melissa died, and Renque finally opened a nasty truth : Roland and Melissa were never his nephew and niece. Just a random orphaned kids he picked and trained. A very pissed off Roland got his revenge and took Carina with him. Carina looked like an old lady although she only in her mid-thirties.

Roland managed to became an archmage and saved many people, but he doesn't have a purpose to live and always empty. Carina faithfully stayed and helped him to cope and ditched most of the people who wanted to use Roland for his talent. Including Claude.

Roland & Carina had several run-ins with Claude, but his offers were rejected because Roland hates noble. Carina feels the same although she actually developed a crush on the Duke lol. They ditched Claude, who succumbs into madness.

The autobiography couldn't be published because the contents are controversial, but Carina still revised and cherished it in her life.

Roland died in the middle of his quest to defeat Verriol, his wounds after he escaped the abyss were too severe and he regretfully left his dying wish to Carina. Carina went hunting Verriol and found him preparing the magic to return to the past. Carina failed to activate the spirit stone and Verriol escaped. Carina herself got killed because the damn stone activation was late.

Carina's soul got stranded in the darkess, and she wished for Roland and Melissa's happiness and hoping for another chance.

Carina reborn in the modern world and she lived peacefully while remembering her first life, but she forgot the precious memories at some point and thought of them as a novel. No truck-kun, so Carina's 2nd life ended peacefully between her loving family.

Carina reincarnated again in the original world where Verriol escaped to, and only remembered her 2nd life. She unconsciously trying to reach her wish : to protect Roland & Melissa from the cruel fate..

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  4. afelice

Reading List:
    Link
    no. They got married but don't think about having children yet. There are many people targeting Carina and the kids because of their background after Carina became a duchess, and Claude is happy with Roland & Melissa lol.

They knew that their relationship is risky but still determined to continue. The last chapter and epilogue even put that in the highlight. Some nobles accepted Carina but they suggest to expel Roland & Melissa because they view the kids as a possible threat (and Astrid became very angry because if Claude died without a successor, SHE will be the family head and she challenged the pompous noble if they want to kick her because she is not a direct descendant of the Thors family). Carine herself still has many supporters because of her efforts to help Claude to rebuild Thors.

although they got their happy ending, Carina still bounded to wear jewelry made of spirit stones to protect herself (she is not a combatant, and everyone forbade her to use magic except for creating spirit stones. her body constitution doesn't allow her to be a mage like her children). Roland specifically imbued the stones with protection and attack magic to protect his mother.

5. Ahmya

Ahmya mammiyaah~

Reading List:
    Link
    Oohhhh!! I saw this cover art in twitter and pinterest before!!:aww:

6. afelice

Reading List:
    Link
    Carina watched Roland's training in Renque's lab in silence. Renque forced him to do a difficult spell and Roland failed. The failed spell caused an explosion, Carina got hurt when she protected Roland from the debris. Renque became angry and sent Carina + the children to rest. Carina reminiscing about the novel she read in her previous life and starting to worry about Roland and Melissa's fate.

(Both Roland and Melissa didn't resist Renque because he said that both children are his deceased sister's, so they must be grateful to their uncle who took them from the orphanage.)

When they are in the bedroom, Roland asked if he is allowed to call Carina as "mother"..even just once. Carina didn't have a heart to deny the kid and hugged him. Melissa followed his brother, and Carina became determned to protect the children.

One of Carina's daily task is to clean the ugly laboratory. She scrubbed nasty excess of the experiments like blood or intestines of the poor creature which became victims to Renques or Roland (he always forced Roland to kill something and he'll beat Melissa if Roland rejected or failed). Carina did her job halfheartedly. When she scrubbed the wall, suddenly there are text appeared infront of her. Carina realized that the text is from the novel she reads. It's a part when Renque forcefully replaced Roland's blood with magic essence so he could create perfect Archmage.

The text became the last straw and Carina decided that it's now or never. She ran to the children's bedroom and wake them. She instruct Roland and Melissa to pack their things and told them that they need to get out from the house. Carina herself packed some clothes and took her pocket money (she never use it). Carina also didn't forget to smuggle foods from the kitchen.

Renque is not a morning person. So Carina planned to use the chance, but she need the children's help. When she returned to the room, the kids already waited for her. Carina asked the children to help and use their magic to create homunculus. Roland hesitated, but Melissa offered herself to create the Renque shaped homunculus. The kids reached agreements that Roland will be the one who control the doll.

They managed to fool the stable worker. Carina got a carriage and she drove to the nearest village. The 23 y.o young woman didn't have a real plan yet, she wanted to reach Ed Moore (the capital) to look for a hiding place. Carina ditched the carriage and went to a carriage broker to get a ride to Ed Moore. Unfortunately, the available carriage route is the to Thors, the southern territory.

Carina knew that she can't wait for the next departure, so she asked the gate keeper to allow her and the kids to go with them to Thors. Tyson the gate keeper realized thay Carina must have a circumtances and helped her to get a ride. He even helped to arrange Carina's accomodation in the villages they visited so Roland and Melissa didn't got many hardships in their journey (The worth of Tyson's effort is more than the payment Carina gave him. Don't worry, Carina will repay the favor later :aww: ).

Carina almost failed to escape the suspicion gazes and questions of the carriage owner, but Roland & Melissa helped her. They called Carina as their mother.

The journey went well (Melissa got motion sickness, but it's not too severe), and they arrived to the destination.

The kind carriage owner gave Carina some information about Thors, and some tips to choose their lodging. Carina calculated the cost and realized that she needs to find a job to support herself and the children asap. She visited the first inn, but unfortunately, they got kicked... They got the same reaction several times later and Carina finally realized that both she and her children looked like a beggar without money :blobsad: . their only choice is the cheapest inn with questionable facility.

Carina left her children to buy clothes, and looked for job information. She started to look for a job in shops, but experienced the same treatment like what happened to the inn hunting. Everybody didn't trust her background.

Carina entered a jewellery shop, and the owner literally rejected her because she is inexperience (he didn't want a newbie who can't distinguish between ruby and garnet). Carina surrendered, and when she left the store something caught her eye. A random stone with strange aura.

Suddenly Carina felt that her body got burned. She fell down and writhing in pain. She helplessly thought about her children and almost lost her consciousness until something grabbed her. Carina felt that the pain slowly subsided and she tried her best to cling to the source of the cool sensation..then she realized that she was leaning to someone's chest... :blobjoy:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  7. Kalmaegi

Kalmaegi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Found Family, Adopted Children? This is amazing :aww:

8. WhyEvenTry

WhyEvenTry Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where can I read this? Is it translated?

ZzZzZzZii likes this.
  9. ketchupblood

ketchupblood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @afelice thank you for these summaries! This story sounds so good

10. Elvirgo

Elvirgo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for all these spoilers! I’ve always seen the first cover of the novel and wanted to read it, but didn’t know the name *sob*. So i was happy that i’ve found this thread

11. ZzZzZzZii

ZzZzZzZii Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    someone has the link?? even if its a bad traduction pls i need read this

12. Redvelvetlove

Redvelvetlove Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Woww thank you so much!!
    :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

13. Thclownn

Thclownn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you share your mtl version of this novel? I want to read it too :oops:

AoMay and Creolenerd like this.
  14. MiyuChan16

MiyuChan16 I'm craving some food...

Reading List:
    Link
    *Sigh~
    Someone please translate this if someone already read the raw chapters really...
    Want to know this whole story so bad✨
    I don't even have a money to pay read the raw chapters in kakaopage

15. iriaasteria

iriaasteria Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have the tl link if you still want it.

Nia2760, Lauradcs, H20 and 4 others like this.
  16. cheonSY

cheonSY New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want it pleasee

17. KizunaAi

KizunaAi Cookie Lover ~ I love fuwa fuwa dolls ~

Reading List:
    Link
    I want pls !!!

18. chastity098

chastity098 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  19. iriaasteria

iriaasteria Member

Reading List:
    Link
  20. AoMay

AoMay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Next please... I want to know her relationship with the people in the duke mansion, especially the loyal butler. And the progress of her and duke.

Thank you.