Spoiler the god of pain's groom

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Annie999, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Annie999

Annie999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone reading this manga?
    This is about a family serving the god of pain and they have to send a daughter/son of their family to be the bride/groom of the god every other years? Then there were power struggles between gods and some schemes. One goddess of earth hated how thee gods needed the prayers of human to survive and how old gods were forgotten. So, our MC began the groom of our God then he fell in love with him. They were being lovey-dovey when he came to know that our god's lover when he was human was still in hell and our God still pines from him. The worst case, our God here is a jerk, The exact scenario is not explained yet but even though he was lovey dovey with our MC before he sacrificed him to an old god who was about to be forgotten in order to free his lover from hell. Isn't this a complete jerk!!! now although lover is back on earth... as he is not god he can't feel anything and the god is distress trying to make him happy completely forgetting about our MC here..... i completely hate this ship.... although our lord of hell is not much MC material I wish our ml ship with him then go back to that jerk.

2. akire_20

akire_20 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I couldn't agree more. I literally have second male lead syndrome. And I rarely do, so that shows something.

I read somewhere that the novel never finished and the author hates what she wrote, therefore she stopped(?). So in the end river and khaol still ended up together ‍♀️. The author was hoping for the webtoon to be better and give it a proper ending. Please make river and heil fall in love and have a happy ending. I am begging you, author-nim

Anywaya, I heard that she also ship river and heil *SQUEALS*

But I hope Khaol suffers and begs river for forgiveness and become forever alone! (A bit harsh but he deserves it).

3. Happybilly

Happybilly New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So in the end did river ended up with khaol or with Heil?

4. akire_20

akire_20 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh it's not specified yet. I'm just assuming that river is going to end up with Heil cause the writer also said she ships both of them.

5. Happybilly

Happybilly New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But I really ship river with khoal even if khoal is a jerk.

6. akire_20

akire_20 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I used to ship him with river too but what he's done is unforgivable. I mean the webtoon only showed affection between them and not much between river and Heil that's why I used to ship them the most. But I think that if he's able hurt him and betray him that easily, he would do it again regardless what their relationship and what they've been through. He's basically saying "I'm willing to do anything to get my former lover back." I mean if you truly care about someone, you wouldn't easily sacrifice them. You would find alternatives to keep the things you cherish.

Well that's what I think? someone said that in the novel it was more about khaol and river after khaol's betrayal. But unfortunately it got stopped cause the writer doesn't like where it's going and never gave it a proper ending. I've never read the novel before so I'm just basing this on the comments I've read

7. Yeoha

Yeoha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read the recent chapter, chapter 69.

For the lazy souls, here u go.

River confessed to Heil!

These are from few chapters back...->

River went to find Forrest, but unconsciously walked to Khaol's temple. He sensed a lot of negative emotions seeping from inside of the temple.

Then Heil came, saying how he expected River to come there.. (while looking dejected)

Then Heil said, its fine, he doesn't care if River missed Khaol or whatever

But later River was ticked, he asked, so u don't care if Im hurted all over again?

Heil denied.

Well, they bicker a little, but then made up.

Heil brings back River and Forrest dead granny during their dead festival (she returned as a '6 year old ghost').. kinda like halloween but easternized.. idk

Well anyways, Forrest and River spend the festival night together with Heil and Granny.

Forrest went with granny,
    Heil walks around with River, H-O-L-D-I-N-G-H-A-N-D-S
    *Inner-fangirl-intensify*

Then the night ended, the day break, granny's time almost up, she will go reincarnate. Granny told River how Heil care for him sm, Heil also look at him with 'bedroom eyes'.... Oh well.. the eyes u make in bed she said lol

Then River went- #TOMATOBLUSH# all over.

Days later, Heil send River an invitation for a date (NO He didn't actually specify that it is a date.. but.. WHY NOT? It seems that way to me ngehehe)

They visited a well-tended lake forest-garden that is the only land not under the shitty God Of Earth's control cos Heil is the one creating it, tending it etc.

They walk around, feeling comfortable.

Then they brought up the matter during their accidental visit to Khaol's place cos Heil told River Khaol actually knew River came to his place.

Heil asked, what emotions did River sensed. River said he sensed longing. Heil started to feel disheartened.. but then

River dropped the bomb.

RIVER CONFESSED!

The translation is up to read.. I just feel like writing this cos I can't contain this overwhelming excitement :'))))))

8. akire_20

akire_20 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG THANK YOU! That just made my day :)
    I'm so happy for them

9. jiesuzuru

jiesuzuru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    did anyone read the novel can you spoil me some of khaol side of story especially the one where he suffers of guilt or something cause i want him to suffer as in SUFFER for what he have done ... HEILxRIVER all the way!

10. Yourmissy

Yourmissy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More spoiler pleaseeeeeee

11. Yourmissy

Reading List:
    Link
    Question!!!

Did Khaol regret betraying our dear River or not? Did he ended up with his former lover? And more HeilxRiver moments pleaseeeeee

12. Drayne

Drayne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read the manhua up to chapter 84, and well, Khaol did, in fact, regret it. And yes, he did get his former lover back. But, up to this chapter, the former lover has been getting more and more catatonic, and doesn't respond to anything now. I think it's because his soul is tired and wants to pass on or something... Poor thing...

Though now, River is having troubles with Heil. A goddess who hated Heil burnt his personal forest, and in anger, Heil then killed 53 of said goddess' followers, but he wasn't satisfied. River tried to stop him, saying that it wasn't the goddess' followers' fault, but Heil didn't listen to him. He ended up ignoring and leaving River in the burning forest alone... *sobs*

River, extremely sad of being ignored and left alone, got angry because he thought that Khaol must have known something of the goddess' plan of burning Heil's precious forest. Chapter 84 ended up with River storming (literally) his way in to Khaol's palace, and when Khaol denied knowing the goddess' plan until the deed was done and sympathized with River for knowing how it felt being unable to help the one you loved more than anything, River then cried in front of him. When River wanted to get out of Khaol's palace, Khaol sensed that there were visitors in his palace coming. He informed him and then embraced River (as an act). And, bam bam, voila, the two evil goddesses arrived and saw them in each other's arms (one of the goddesses is the one who burnt Heil's forest).

Is this the end of Heil/River? I want River to end up with Heil, but, with the title of the manhua... I mean, "The God of Pain (Khaol)'s Groom"? Nooooo

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    Yourmissy likes this.
  13. Yourmissy

Reading List:
    Link

G**dammit!
    I don't like it more and more TT--TT WHY CANT RIVER JUST HAVE AN HAPPILY EVER AFTER ASAP?!

peculiar-tan and Drayne like this.
  14. BlueRoseJuliet

BlueRoseJuliet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So the latest chapter came out and we just got thrown another curveball
    Heil apparently has a daughter.

15. Drayne

Drayne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, to explain a bit more...

Apparently, the young goddess who burnt Heil's forest is his daughter. The young goddess' name is Hela (Oh ho, like, any relation to Odin/Frigga/Thor/Loki? -Sorry, ignore me).

And, chapter 85 starts with a bit of Heil's childhood. He's the youngest of the old gods, and believes he's the most unfortunate as well, considering what he got as his domain....

The chapter ends with Hela telling River when they were alone that she knows River is a "new" god like her.

Chapter 86 tells a bit of how Hela was born. Apparently, Hela was born from a human female who got pregnant, and the father's Heil. Her mother died from childbirth, unfortunately. With no one to care for little Hela, she grew up alone. She kept waiting for her father, but he never came. Lari eventually found her, and then told her about her father. Hela's been with her since.

After being told the story by Hela, River (in shock and anger, I believe) accidentally revealed to her that he knew Heil well (he actually yelled spontaneously, "WHAT THE HELL?! HE CAN DO -BEEP BEEP BEEP- TO MY BUTT AND HE CAN'T TELL ME HE HAS A KID?!").

River ran away, but he got caught by Hela. The 86th chapter ends with Hela asking him, "What do you mean he did -BEEP BEEP BEEP- to your butt? Doesn't that mean you're close to my father?" (Well, he's a bit more than simply "close" to your father, kid. Perhaps you should start calling him your stepmother instead? Lol, ignore me).

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  16. Mae Rogel 82

Mae Rogel 82 Call me Mae _ [Red step-siblings(Eldest)]

Reading List:
    Link
    Will heil and river end up together... And what happened to heil daughter

17. Mae Rogel 82

Mae Rogel 82 Call me Mae _ [Red step-siblings(Eldest)]

Reading List:
    Link
    His daughter destroy the place... Then water goddes ask river any wish...river wish heil to meet his daughter ..they went to the place the daughter destroy..she planting a tree... River called out her name .she smirked ..any spoiler after that ..!

18. jiesuzuru

jiesuzuru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The epilouge has come out and it is so good it iss the best ending for me
    seriously heil and river reincarnating over and over again to continue their love story and river treating it as a role playing game along the way hilarious!

Snarkywife likes this.
  19. Snarkywife

Snarkywife Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, what happened to Khaol by the end of the novel?

20. Melo-nie

Melo-nie Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the manhwa River asked Hela to give Khaol and khavier a chance to meet in their reincarnations as they kept missing each other since they one wasn't in a human form, so Hela granted that wish and they did meet.