Spoiler The Flower Dance and The Wild Song/꽃은 춤추고 바람은 노래한다

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by suzzy77, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Yukina_Yuki

Yukina_Yuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg this manhwa drama actually on top. I actually also got depressed when I saw the backstory of the FL, like OMGGG SHE WAS STILL YOUNG + PREGNANT + STRESSED. :blob_catflip::blobfistbumpL::blobfistbumpR:

The Duke that somehow hard to tell that HE LOVES HER. AND I WANNA COME TO THEIR WORLD TO SLAP HIM IN THE FACE.:blobspearpeek::blob_thor:

THAT RED HAIRED GIRL, WHO SEEMS LIKE A BETCH :blobhyperthink:

THE FL BROTHER DEAD I'M SO DONE OMGGG WHYYY!!?:blob_teary:

I JUST LIKE THE SON, OMG THE SON IS Just :blobnosebleed:

2. Yukina_Yuki

Yukina_Yuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But they got back together ;)

3. takoyakicheeks

takoyakicheeks Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you spoil about Juan (that brown-haired dude that FL keeps bumping into)?

4. capeSpirit

capeSpirit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Harsen didn't let Ercelle handle or help in the family business/duchy and when she asks about it, even his subordinates tell her it none of her business. He didn't even explain why she can't help. it's like saying to her face that she's useless. On top of this, she's already feeling down because of what happened to her family, when her husband went to war, her pregnancy , no one would even acknowledged her presence as a duchess. They're like 'yeah you're the duchess alright but you're just a wife, a political lamb who brought more problems to our lord'.. He kept on dismissing her, like 'Look-I-have-more-important-things-to-think-about-and-I-don't-have-time-to-fight-with-you' but we know he thinks otherwise. We know he loves her but does she?
    They didn't have time to get to know each other after their wedding and he's been keeping secrets. It's doesn't mean that it is all Harsen's fault. Ercella is partly to blame in their toxic relationship. They are both extremely reticent, even their son is emotionally repressed.
    But it's all good that she was able to find time for herself and self-reflect, and do things that she won't feel useless. I'm glad they divorced but I'm not glad that Ercella took Harsen back at the end. It was good that she was able to repair her relationship with her husband and son but I really wanted Ercella to be happy with someone else and Harsen with someone else too.

TrinaAngel, Anecdotey, Neyva and 19 others like this.
  5. booho

booho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As I know, Ercella didn't allow to handle or help family business because she's "Verisade" (/They scare if she's a spy and gives her family information )
    * just think like samsung's CEO daughter married with Apple's CEO son LOL

(Harsen's father didn't agree Harsen married Varisade, but he loves Ercella) Bernhart family doesn't like Verisade, because Bernhart did all the work but its Verisade who took the benefit. From ancient times to modern it's the same. When you get married, you marry not only your spouse but his/her whole FAMILY

If she's helping it's like they getting help from " Verisade" It's the reason, but they can't tell her about it. The other reason > her work is a bit messy (unprofessional)

Actually, I don't like it when people say "I hope they separate, and FL is happy with someone else." Why almost all stories where the coupling is in trouble many people always be > "I hope she is happy with someone else" when these kinds of stories want to teach us that we can improve relationships rather than end relationships. We're fortunate that we live in a modern where there's a marriage consultant.

The ending, where Ercella proposes again to Harsen has a deep meaning. The young Ercella was unhappy, and she hoped that her husband could make her happy so she was tormented when she didn't get it. But after time has passed, Ercella can make herself happy,
    she doesn't expect happiness from others, instead, now she wants to share her happiness with Harsen and her son.

She refuses to quit and work through whatever comes their way. Maybe she know, one day they will have two full weeks without talking. Healthy? No. The end? No! No marriage is perfect and all marriages are hard.

Marry Harsen she will regret it; don’t marry, she will also regret it; marry or don’t marry, she will regret it either way. whatever she choose, Ercella will always regret something she didn't choose

Marriage comes with 3 rings. Engagement ring, wedding ring, suffering. The marriage relationship is complicated. It’s never going to be perfect..
    so marriage is not looking for happiness but choosing a regret you can face."

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  6. PrettyFujoshiLady

PrettyFujoshiLady Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I totally agree They are both at fault for the misunderstanding and miscommunication. Even if she's with someone else, there's no guarantee she'll always be happy or that she'll not face the same issues. There are times your partner will hurt you, after all we're all imperfect. That is why we need to voice out that we were hurt and that they did something wrong. We should never expect our partners to understand us without telling them the problem. Normally, no one is a mind reader. (Ugh. That's why relationship are not for fragile people like me )

Also, it's just something I always do but. When were reading, we should always put our shoes in the characters. Imagine if I/you were him/her, so we could understand the story more. Understand what the author wants to convey and not push our own ideas. Because the character is not you. You don't think the same. You didn't go through the same thing. Your ideals are not the same. You're not living the same timeline. Always consider the settings, time and characters past (I know a lot of people say that these are just bs or whatever but seriously, if it were you. Thiiiiiink deeply.) Even if you are not your past, it is what moulds you and encouraged what you are now.

TrinaAngel, Neyva, bleuest and 5 others like this.
  7. waterfireflies

waterfireflies New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is it possible the rebellion is what Harsen need to pay to get Ercella by his side?

Berry.Blast.20 likes this.
  8. FeliceSasha23

FeliceSasha23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks God the novel raws on Kakaopage are free... But I can't read Korean:blob_teary:

9. frezzia

frezzia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh they are both have faults in the breakdown of relationships, thinking your partner will have a mind reading skill is not a good recipe for marriage.

thanks for all the spoiler

Celebrianna likes this.
  10. MinaCheyo

MinaCheyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean,, I think I also will be crazy,, if someone I married to by sacrificing a lot of things,, turned out only choosing me as the best options..

I had to sacrifice a lot of things,, even tainted my hands with blood,, while the person I tried to hold on to,, are only treating me as options.

I think many are easy to sympathise with the duchess since the story was written from Her perspectives. Plus,, many readers were probably woman/girl,, who had same genders as the duchess (me too, but well).

So it is easy to neglect the fact that in a way the Duke was also being hurt by all the stuffs happened.
    Imagine being barely in your adulthood,, after living such a harsh and strict life,, maybe for the first time ever he gathered his courage to stood up and choosing his own life,, agreed to took all the burdens that came within..
    He paid heavy price to even proposing to her,, even more so for his marriages.
    He also didn't forced her to accept,, he asked her <i> why did she accepted the proposal </i> in which she replied,, he was her best choices.. Imagine after thinking that maybe all sacrifices are worth every effort,, turned out its just a false hope?

Sure,, it seemed the Duke neglected her..
    But,, we can see he despite all of that, still trying his best to cater for his wife while dealing with the repercussions of choosing her..

While,, the duchess,, she complained about him not trying to understand her,, while not aware that she, herself,, hasn't tried her best to understand him either..

So..........

11. MinaCheyo

Reading List:
    Link
    Seriously...

It's saddened me how people still accused the Duke with all kinds of harsh tones..
    However,, it's understandable,, since we are reading the story from the duchess perspective, not the Duke..

But,, like you said,, it's not a situation where people can just easily have their way and go happily ever after..
    We've got lots of saying already : with big powers come big responsibility..

I think that's how to best explain the situation of noble's livelihood.
    It's not that easy to come to that power,, but it's not easy to run from it too..
    Yet,, it may be because many stories only glorified the livelihood of Nobles and grazing only the very surface of what it means to live in society..
    More than the social gathering, party and handsome Bois fighting within only one frame and done~

Hhhhh,,, how many nobles and royalty from the lost party being left alive, not only in stories but also legends?
    They'll be hunted down and killed,, or lived a life of fugitives...
    The power is what dragged them down,, but it was also the things that protected them...

It's not Disney..
    Haven't people learned the ending of Romeo and Juliet? They're running away,, they're rotting away~~

12. MinaCheyo

Reading List:
    Link
    Me too..
    I think that's because the story was told from the duchess perspective,, and the reader mostly came from the same gender as the duchess (me too btw),, so it will be easy to sympathise with the duchess and ostracised the Duke as the bad guy..

I feel really saddened to see how the duke's fell victim to the double standard..

Sure,, he is also wrong since he didn't maintain proper communication with the duchess and his family..
    But, he never actually left the duchess behind.. He always tried his best despite all the burdens he had to shoulder.
    He was literally paid with his life as the price of choosing the duchess.. His father sure reprimanded him,, his other family ended up coveting his position and ridiculing him for choosing to side with her wife's family,, the Royal family gave him cold shoulder..
    He had to gambled his life in the war as the King's order,, and when he came back he had to shed many bloods of his relatives.
    All just because he tried to take the hand of a woman who treated him as her best choices..
    He literally sacrificing his life,, for the person he chose called him an option..
    But,, despite all that,, he didn't actually left her..
    The duchess herself had admitted how he actually always tried to been there for her.. He tried to follow all her wish,, it was because of his help,, she can met her sister several times..
    He also tried to communicate with her,, he asked many times,, if there was something she wanted him to do,, but she always pushed him away...

On the other hand,, I think I didn't saw many of the duchess attempts to understand the duke?? She did say she always understanding, accepting... But,, wasn't she was more of a passive observer? Granted,, the vassals were wrong for shunned her of her duty,, but,, she didn't tried to reached out to the Duke either.. She let her assumptions consumes her and only reached out to him after she blew up..

I am sure that even if she didn't marry the Duke,, and chose the other man instead,, she may still fall to the same situation.. Maybe even worse,, because as the story had said,, that family later fell into ruin.. With the duchess as she is,, she will suffer even more in that condition..

They're both victims of young marriages and miscommunication.

I am so sad..
    Sure,, the duchess was portrayed as the neglected victim..
    But,, I think the loneliest person here is the Duke..
    He was left alone by his family,, because he chose the duchess.. Yet, the person he chose also left him mentally... His son didn't side with him either.. And even the readers ostracised him...
    Now,, that's what you called pitiful...
    Therefore kids,, don't marry... Lmao..

13. MinaCheyo

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, all I could say,, reading many of the responses to the story,, I don't think I'll continue the manhwa nor the novel..

I think this story will saddened me so much.. And currently I am in a phase in which I am very sensitive to stuff that shook me mentally (I kinda cry a bit while typing lmao)..
    So,, I think it will be too heavy..
    Not because of the duchess,, but because of the Duke instead..
    He must be very lonely... It hurts..

Roseeve likes this.
  14. ArkiV_10

ArkiV_10 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with you. What i always hear is communication and understanding is always a two-way route.
    If i were in the shoes of the duchess, of course i will be hurt if i felt that i went through what she went through and felt neglected, but rather than brood in a corner and jump into assumptions and conclusions without knowing the other side i would rather talk and hear it from the person directly and talk it out for me to understand them well. People won't know what is going through your mind or how you feel unless you tell them, they are not psychic.
    If i am in the duke's shoes, i will also be hurt if i (who sacrificed a lot to be with someone i like/love) will hear from the person that i married that i was their best option repeatedly
    Maybe after their marriage and during its early stages it was fine, but after living with them for quite some time and hear it again (my i would be depressed, like "did you not see any redeeming or likable qualities from me as we are married?") . That i was just an option that was considered and was not the person she really saw as i am. I saw one chapter that was translated where she asked her guy friend (?) I think, "what will you feel when you are told the best option?". And i almost gave the guy a standing ovation for his answer that he does not like it and it leaves a bitter taste to him, that he feels as if he was a tool or option rather than himself. He said everything that the duke must have felt all these years hearing it. Then di it only made the duchess realize that she was like rubbing salt to a wound all this time.
    Honestly, they really need to be put in a room and just talk their hearts out without holding anything back. Simple as that. Though it may be simple it can also be hard especially from the environment they grew up with.

15. RainRainDrop

RainRainDrop Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The spoilers are mad I did not expect that change of events.BTW reading the manhwa and its such a sob story.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    popogloria likes this.
  16. Joyfulhina

Joyfulhina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow thank you so much for the spoiler, the story is so complicated but I love it. Thank you again

popogloria likes this.
  17. typicalbookworm

typicalbookworm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm seeing so much improvement on the latest chapter!!! They're finally starting to talk
    ✧\(>o<)ノ✧

simplysharonda likes this.
  18. Yunfei Xu

Yunfei Xu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, finally they talked to each other even kinda short. I hope it is a good start, as you can see actually Harsen does care about Ersella.

19. Gemie

Gemie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If anyone could give some spoilers of fl's 1st timeline after she died I would really appreciate it :oops: I'm just curious about the reactions after she died, if they even have a care for her, did they have any regrets or what ifs or if they found out about fl's sufferings or something of the sort? pretty please :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

20. Iska-IX

Iska-IX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone said in the comments on mangadex that when Harsen was given the death penalty was when Ercella finally realized that she loved him...can someone confirm if this is true.