Spoiler Thorns Piercing Me/나를 찌르는 가시

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Spoiling Queen, Feb 26, 2021.

1. vvvaanneesssa

vvvaanneesssa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that's sweet
    It is a novel where the male is smaller than the female

male / Calix Clovis, 20 years old

female / Baek Hee-Soo (Becky) 28 years old

aboni_06, Wapdyne, DesireSai and 3 others like this.
  2. vvvaanneesssa

vvvaanneesssa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are 3 books
    I can only imagine everything from the title

1. This man is different
    2. Airplane to Paris
    3. I keep touching
    4. This man's ejaculation
    5. A woman who is pampered
    6. Poor love leaves scars
    7. The Runaway Bride

8. I see things I didn't know back then
    9. Only love is over
    10. The meaning of marriage
    11. The circumstances of the mother and the master
    12. Living with you
    13. The owner of the family

14. Finding the Bluebird
    15. City of Love
    16. Joie de vivre

3. Hakucyou

Hakucyou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The manhwa is changing small events here and there so far. I wonder if they would do that to the major plot point. Feeling ANXIOUS cause I loved the original story.
    Praying right now they keep some of my favorite scenes intact with the original.
    Dont know if its cause of Thorn is 19+, but the author also wrote Beatrice (all age). And that one(the manhwa) sticks to the original plot line so far.

Some of the difference I already witnessed:
    After ML accidently saved FL from those robbers in the cabin, FL chased down ML, but ML did not want FL to follow him, so they started struggling. FL's already ripped clothes got even more ripped, and she was hugging MLs thigh, trying to keep ML from walking away.
    This part is the same.
    But what happened later in the novel was ML got aroused from the physical contact and froze, then FL proceeded to gave him a blowjob. While in manhwa, FL started to suspect ML is not used to women, and proceed to undress. The ML stopped FLs action by covering her with his cape. FL confirmed his inexperience, and with intention, (showed a frame where FL smiled with a slight lift of lips, a classic portrayal when people had a plan or idea) kissed him.

I want to point out the nuance here. It was unclear in the novel why FL did what she did at that moment. she later on (much much later on) reflected on that incident and she, herself, couldnt explained it either. But she admited maybe there were other ways, yet she somehow did "that" at that moment.
    Obviously the manhwa downplayed the sexual tension of that scene significantly (in my opinion) compare to the novel. But I didnt feel FL already had a clear plan like how it was portrayed in manhwa at that point.

And I dont know how much more downplay the manhwa is going to do. But damn... their physical relationship aspect actually adds certain depth to the story, IN MY OPINION.

Im probably going to make a Novel VS Manhwa comparison just for the sake of who knows what...

4. Hakucyou

Reading List:
    Link
    She became mute from a trauma she experienced in the beginning, (later told in flashback)
    She watched her first and only friend/ally that she had in this foreign world, committed suicide in order to save FL from getting captured by robbers. Her friend already had red eyes and knew she would turn into zombie eventually. So she sacrificed herself and revived as a zombie, started attacking and eating those robbers. FL ran away amidst of the chaos.
    She couldnt even stay for her friend's last moment because her friend could start attack her too.
    Shortly after, she realized she could no longer speak.

5. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you for the spoilers, I just checked the adaptation manhwa and they are very cute :blobsmilehappyeyes:

jkumi7 likes this.
  6. Jazmin 13

Jazmin 13 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for giving us some spoilers!! You're the best! I wanna know how was the ML "first time doing that", hahaha. Someone gotta ask the important questions

syofiaa, augacutan, kcis and 3 others like this.
  7. Hakucyou

Reading List:
    Link
    Im going to give more details after I re-read that part. But Hee-su basically took the lead. Kalix not only has zero experience, he doesn't know the "how" either. Hee-su initially didn't want to bother with foreplay, but Kalix is too big to fit without preparation. He sees her in pain so he stops her from trying and literally starts "exploring her body," touching everywhere. He gets her to climax from the fondling. Then he was about to let her rest, didn't mind they didn't go all the way. But Hee-su came on top of him again and she was successful this time LOL and FYI, Hee-su had experience back in the modern world, but she felt like the first time cause of Kalix's size o////o

8. Hakucyou

Reading List:
    Link
    그렇게 죽음을 기다리던 남자는,자신이 옆에 없으면 살아남지 못할 여자 를 만났다

Direct quote from the book, this story starts off with a man who is ready to embrace death, meets a woman, who would not survive without him. Then he gradually turns into a man who could only see life with her by his side.

Please be advised that the original novel has more extreme portrayal of adult content; with lots of heart touching angst from lack of proper communication. Other than that, be prepared to drown in the deep affection our ML has for the FL, which is just about as heavy as they come.

When the scene first begins with Hee-su tied to a chair by those 3 robbers, Maenok (the zombie) crashes in before they could assault her. But in the novel, she was already grouped by the breast, and being forced to have oral on one of the man before Maenok got in. Hee-su was never raped when she was on her own (before meeting Kalix) but she definitely suffered more in the novel than in manhwa.

Then Kalix rescues her and the story remain the same until how she “seduces” Kalix as an attempt to stop him from walking away, I gave a spoiler about that from a post above, so skipping this part.

Then after that incident, the novel explains Kalix purposely hunt fresh meat that night, because he felt guilty for what happened. While they are waiting for the meat to be cooked, Kalix tries to determine if Hee-su really can’t talk. He pulls her in and proceeds to examine her mouth and tongue. He even sticks his finger in to check her tongue. He then thought about what happened earlier and he assumes Hee-su has been forced to become a prostitute by those robbers (since she was the one who initiated the “act”). Also, she didn’t try to get away when Kalix was checking her tongue. (little did he know, it was because Hee-su already felt Kalix wouldn’t hurt her and pretty much let her guard down towards him. He is literally the only man she met who didn’t try to force himself on her in this foreign world.)

When the meat is ready, Kalix thought Hee-su might also need water so he gets up, trying to find water for her (way more considerate compare to manhwa) and as he gets up, Hee-su grabs his waist from behind and starts tearing up and tremble, fearing Kalix might leave her. It took Kalix a second to understand her action.(he thought something was wrong with her or there were intruders) He tries to tell her he isn’t abandoning her and want her to let go of him. but eventually gives up and stays because he doesn’t want to fight/hurt her (when he totally could).

Sadly, Hee-su ends up throwing up after eating (probably because she didn’t eat for a week and her stomach is weak) Kalix holds her hair for her and pats her back. This time, he really feels the need to find her some water, but as expected, Hee-su starts struggling. She ends up holding his bag and grabbing Kalix’s sleeve while following him. He leads her to a river and attempts to let her clean up after the throw up. But Hee-su could not understand his intention, so Kalix has to sit her down and clean for her (she couldn’t do it herself cause her hands are busy holding his bag)

When they rest for the night, Hee-su keeps trying to “spoon” Kalix by hugging him from behind. Kalix again, tries to distance himself away but eventually let Hee-su have her way. He pretty much is convinced at this point that Hee-su is a prostitute, to make sense of why she wants to sleep so close to him (while Hee-su is just afraid Kalix would leave while she is asleep) After Hee-su is asleep, Kalix feels her body trembling; he realizes she is probably cold, so he, after a few minutes of internal struggle, tucks her in with his cape, and slowly drifts into sleep while thinking about this woman.

Man, manhwa is MISSING out so much.

By the way, in case someone here wants or can read the manhwa in Japanese version. This Japanese app/website ピッコマ is the official release site. It offers 1 free chapter a day up to ch 17 and will release more chapter as story goes. It only locks the most recent few chapters (require payments). Anyone can set up account. If you are interested, I have the link below. Or search 私を突き刺す棘
    https://piccoma.com/web/product/58323

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
  9. peach.pudin

peach.pudin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope someone translate the novel ༎ຶ‿༎ຶ
    Is this novel finished? Someone knows how it ends?

jkumi7 likes this.
  10. LayZhang

LayZhang Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is that novel version?? I'm interested on translate from Japanese to English (i dont know if i'll really do that bcs my english is sucks and i might need someone to be editor but again i wont guarantee translate them right away)

theduskymoon and jkumi7 like this.
  11. Hakucyou

Reading List:
    Link
    Its manhwa, unfortunately....

Guide1410 likes this.
  12. Jazmin 13

Jazmin 13 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMGG, can't wait to read more details about it, you're the best!! Thank you so much, I'm so excited to read your spoilers ❤️

jkumi7 likes this.
  13. LayZhang

LayZhang Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ah what a pity! :blobcat_rawr::blobcat_rawr::blobcat_rawr: if u ever come across with retranslated japanese version of this novel pls let me know! blobmelt_thumbsi'm much confident on translate from japanese than korean tbh:blobsmilehappyeyes::blobsmilehappyeyes:

14. Hmm123456789

Hmm123456789 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lmao I bought this (novel) and want to translate it but can someone be a proofreader? (I also have 'Anyone beat the original')

Assassin997, jkumi7 and peach.pudin like this.
  15. peach.pudin

peach.pudin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what do mean by proofreader?

16. Hmm123456789

Hmm123456789 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Proofreader is also known as editor. The proofreader must have a wide knowledge in english vocabulary and grammar. The proofreader should correct every wrong grammars, names, etc. In short, you need to read and edit it when the translator finished the chapter^^

syofiaa and jkumi7 like this.
  17. Hakucyou

Reading List:
    Link
    So because in manhwa they already kissed in the beginning. I dont know if this scene is going to make it...

After the night of encounter, Kalix decides to bring Hee-su to the closest city around them, Black Castle. On their way, Hee-su feels content and puzzled at the same time from how much Kalix cares for her. He prepares her food, lets her sleep in comfort, and helps her with wash ups (cause Hee-su holds on to the bag whenever she is conscious) almost every day. Even when she tries to find light chores she could handle to make her somewhat useful, such as picking logs and gathering leaves, the man would take her hands and sit her down; then he would handle all of them by himself instead. (He even cleans her shoes for her during the break). Hee-su suspects the man perhaps enjoy skinship with her. That would explain why he is “hands-on” with everything concerning her. However, he never once touches her inappropriately. Hee-su could tell he liked what she did that night. And at this point, seeing how he takes care of her, she doesn’t mind to do it again to this man. It would also act as assurance that she still has value in order for him to keep her. But every times she tries to touch him with that intention, he would avoid them. Like how in the morning, the man got up immediately when he realized her hands were moving down (Hee-su hugs him from behind every night). Hee-su really couldn’t tell if the man desires her or not.

As they left the forest and enters the more deserted area, Hee-su accidently slips and falls. Kalix turns around and wants to check on her. However, fearing he might abandon her because of the potential inconvenience from the injury, she wouldn’t show him her legs. But the man somehow seems irritated by her response and takes away the bag she keeps holding. The two starts walking again, but Hee-su is now feeling extremely anxious, as she can’t understand why he is upset and lost her only means of insurance. So she grabs his arm as a desperate attempt to find something she could hold on to. Kalix peels off her hand from his arm, and stares at her. As Hee-su is about to reach for his sleeve, Kalix picks up her hand and holds on to it before they start moving again.

(so… the reason why Kalix was upset here is because he was sulking. He thought Hee-su is treating him like a “hentai” when she would not show him her injury. The woman acted all defensive when he just wanted to check on her. Hee-su’s paranoia-induced rejection hurt a great deal of Kalix’s fragile feeling LOL. Their internal dialogue for this part was delightfully angsty. And he decided to hold her hand at the end because he could see how anxious Hee-su was from her expression, so he couldn’t help but to do something to put her at ease. His heart was racing the whole time from the hand holding but still didn’t let go.)

The last night before they reach Black Castle, Kalix could not put up a fire like usual because he is concerned it would draw attention, now that they are close to the city. He soon realizes that landing Hee-su his cape is not enough to keep her warm for the night, so he takes off his shirt and place that on her. He then notices the woman is smiling at him with a blushed face. He reaches out his hand to feel her forehead, wondering if she might have a fever. But Hee-su just lifts up the cape and put it over Kalix’s shoulder to express her willingness to share the cape with him. Then she also takes his arm and wraps it over her shoulder. She proceeds to rest her head on his shoulder, and put her arms around Kalix’s bare torso. The intimacy makes Kalix feels as if his heart could burst at any second. But before he could calm himself down, Hee-su starts stroking his body here and there and the moment gets heated rather quickly. However, Kalix eventually managed to stop Hee-su from going any further. He sits her back on his thigh and begins to think about what happens after they reach the city. He wouldn’t know where to find her once they are separated. On top of that, he already accepted his foreseeable ill-fated outcome, that he is a man without a future. As his gaze meets hers, a sudden urge came over him and he kissed her. Kalix’s kiss is very sincere and gentle. Hee-su enjoys the sacred-feeling kiss and gets lost in the moment, so she French kisses him back. But the moment comes to a halt when he felt Hee-su’s very malnourished body and her slight trembling from the cold surrounding temperature. He quickly pulls down her garment and wraps the cape over her and apologizes, despite she wouldn’t understand a single word. But Hee-su just smiles while shaking her head. Kalix realizes this is the very first time that they understood each other’s intent; their first success at communication. Kalix eagerly asks her if she understood what he just said (his apology). Hee-su responds to his questions with another smile and lifts up the cape again as a sign to invite him to share the cape. Kalix, once again, is able to understand the woman’s action. He is pleasantly surprised by “this miracle.” He then finds himself couldn’t bear seeing the woman’s shaking body any further, and decides to teleport to the city immediately.

So manhwa already had 3 kisses when it reached this point (teleport to city). BUT I ADORED THIS FIRST KISS SCENE from the novel. So sad it didn’t make it in. (I blame the blowjob. Yea… she was half way into oral before he stopped her).

Also, in the manhwa, Kalix was forced to teleport them to the city right away because Hee-su caught a fever, whereas in the novel, he simply couldn’t bear the thought of her being cold. I also like to think that it has something to do with the fact they just had their first kiss. It causes quite a turn in their relationship (Aren’t all first kisses?). Kalix definitely felt something was different after they kissed.

(FYI, he could have teleported them whenever he wanted, but he subconsciously wanted Hee-su’s companion, so he stalled, and a small portion for not wanting to risk being found by his colleagues)

18. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
    my heart hurts they are soo cute :blobsmilehappyeyes: thank you sm for the spoilers :blobtaco:

jkumi7 likes this.
  19. Hakucyou

Reading List:
    Link
    The manhwa each took a chapter talking about their past. Hence, tracking with how the manhwa goes.
    The most recent chapters (ch20) seems to be all about Hee-su flashback, so didnt feel like reading them Orz. The flashback only serves as background/character development in the novel. The aftermath of it didnt impact the story later from my memory.

There isn’t that much difference between the manhwa and the novel. Actually, I can’t think of any… Both had terrible parents and didn’t have anyone else to rely on. Both were unwanted by at least one side.

Slight more details on Kalix side. He lived with his birth mother until he was 4. Then he began his knight training at age 5. He lives in the temple so he rarely sees his family. He has 7 half sisters. Yes… Mrs. Clovis had really strange luck and didn’t give birth to a single son. But Kalix has younger sisters, which implies Mrs.Clovis continue to give birth after Kalix’s arrival. So the reason Mr. Clovis gave his wife, that they are too old to risk not bringing in a son, is a bit questionable… Well, he could always keep Kalix as insurance and keep trying at the meantime… Then the dad died probably when Kalix was around 16. He has no desire to succeed as the next head of Clovis, so he left the place without hesitation.

I only read the first portion of the flashback of manhwa. Not much difference there either. She was heading from US to France and the plant got sucked into the black hole over Bermuda Triangle. She ran into the male passenger beside him shortly after she started wandering in the forest. The guy tried to rape her but got killed by the robbers, and had his hands chopped off. Then the robbers also wanted to assault her. Then a maenok (the zombie creature) showed up, and starts attacking the robbers. But the maenok eventually got finished off by 2 people. A holy knight accompanied by a mercenary. The mercenary also had second thought when he saw Hee-su. GOSH, Hee-su must be a great beauty. The girl literally is in constant risk whenever she sees a freaking man. No wonder Kalix stood out so much to her.

Anyway, the holy knight brought her to a mine where all foreigners are gathered.

Then from here it seems the manhwa is going to bring its own adaptation. In the novel, that mercenary was an insignificant mob. But in the manhwa, it changes to a green-hair holy knight, with an obvious villain-face. (He also seems to be the sole witness of Kalix’s murder). The green hair dude brought Hee-su to the mine and wanted to make a trade with her by offering her perks if she offers her body. But Hee-su ran away. Every scene with this green hair guy is new.

In the novel, Hee-su woke up already in a room with other people from Earth. She met a girl, Minju, who was also a Korean. It has been give or take about 4 months since Minju came to Galia, so she was already somewhat adapted to the live here. Although they would get punished by whips and the labour was challenging, Hee-su was still grateful that she at least didn’t need to worry about food and other minimal security issues (getting assaulted). About another 2 months in, there was an explosion accident in the mine, and the 2 of them took this opportunity to escape. However, Hee-su initially wanted to return to the mine, instead of facing the unknown environment. But Minju was determined to find the city, so Hee-su ended up following her. It was then Minju revealed to her that before she was sent to the mine, she was captured by robbers and forced to work as a prostitute for a brief time.(She was exposed rather quickly because “the client” heard her spoke Earth’s language) But during that time, she was brought to a city and was given a fake ID. (The citizens of Galia all require a gem pendant of some sorts as an identification to distinguish themselves from foreigners). So she wanted to find the city and hope she could once again, live like a normal person. This has always been the driving force for Minju’s optimism, truly a person full of life. However, her eyes started to turn red and she knew that was a sign she could turn into maenok any day now. She later gave that fake ID to Hee-su. Then some days later, they ran into a mob of robbers. There were more than 10 men, and at that point, Hee-su knew the 2 of them wouldn’t be able to escape this many men. At her last moment, she asked that Hee-su must not give up searching for the city and continue to survive, for the both of them. Then she grabbed one of the robber’s daggers and stabbed her own throat. It took a few moments but she turned into maenok and Hee-su was able to run off from the distraction. She lost the ability to speak since this day. But she could not let Minju sacrificed in vain; she now has to survive, no matter what happens from now on.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
  20. Sweet potatoes 123

Sweet potatoes 123 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does someone know where I can find the Novel. It would be awesome if it were in English but I'm OK with getting the Korean link to the 19+ novel as well. Thank you

Devushka1107, theduskymoon and jkumi7 like this.