Spoiler The Lady Wants to Rest

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Gigz, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Niaosaf

Niaosaf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Argh. What the hell happen here? Is the duke doesn't know what his wife and daughter do to Rubia?

DOHere and kawaii12345 like this.
  2. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahh,some very nice fun here
    @Dragon_Reader not yet but looks like it's coming

@Niaosaf That's a definite yes he does know. We had that as a given back before she left the Duchy

Butler: Rubia has done nothing wrong'
    Duke: I know

Well after the birthday party Rubia wants to do that thing she loves most aka REST IN BED :D, but it turns out there's a serial killer in the duchy, who's been abducting young women, killing them and burying them in the forest.

She goes down to the morgue with the duke to take a look. Diane shows up to try to rain on the parade. Before you can say "Quincy M.D.", Rubia has examined the bodies and constructed a profile of the serial killer. She starts to get the knights to concentrate on the search for her profile, when Diane tries to put the kibosh on this, saying she doesn't want manpower wasted on this .¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Once again how is a 17 year old girl, who hasn't even entered the university system controlling the finances and police force of this state? The duke overrides her. Diane asks will she get her reward if she solves it before Rubia? The duke is Agreeable.

Scene change, Nancy Drew err Diane is outside the castle, dressed as a maid and checking her magic self defense arts. She's going to be bait for the serial killer and take him down by herself. Needless to say her absence gets noticed and Rubia goes out after her. Rubia arrives just in time to see the killer abducting Diane. She goes to work on him with her mad fighting skills, but one her body isn't in condition and two, the serial killer is somebody's tool(still matches the profile) who has been cursed as a berserker. When it loks bleakest Orlean shows up to beat down the killer (this puts them at Rubia 1, Orlean 1 for saving each other)
    Rubia slaps Diane calling her an idiot then hugs her they head back to the castle Rubia to her bed.

Rubia is looking to run out the clock in the duchy when she's told she has to fill in for the Duchess during the upcoming cherry blossom festival. Diane has managed to dodge this and dump it onto her. The Nobles are worried about Rubia's abilities, But she manages to pull it off without a hitch.

After she has completed her duties regarding the festival, she is contemplating the curse that's causing the duke's ill health. She manages to narrow it down to a few possible people but is at a loss how to proceed further.

Next up she decides to go out and enjoy what's left of the festival. Sir Ubara, the same knight she tricked and drugged when first leaving the duchy gets assigned to her as her guard/watcher. She wanders the festival doing cute festival things, and decides to enter a drinking game at a pub.

She loses big time and not only does she lose her opponent turns out to be Crown Prince Fildenheim who's been in Duchy, looking to screw up his brother, and take Rubia for himself. Really raises the question of what were the morons at the castle looking to do by alienating the future empress!!!??? (She has both the CP and the 4th prince and is engaged to 4th prince who is almost certainly the actual next emperor) As she passes out. Fildenheim uses space magic and kidnaps her. (Just a note most of his desire for her seems to be about taking things away from Orlean. Though Rubia did save Fildenheim in the school arc as well)

When she wakes up they have some back and forth about him kidnapping her. Ultimately she trades 2 dates with fildenheim for answers to questions about the dukes curse. Fildenheim tells her it's cast by Shen of the East, and the curse is called the Judge's Scythe. It takes the malice of the person the target has wronged the most and it returns it back to the target. The only way to undo it is for the target to sincerely regret their actions and be forgiven by the aggrieved. Good Luck Duke RUBIA IS DEAD AND GONE

Anyway Rubia goes to Isekai protagonist density levels here meets with Sabien to ask him about this. Sabien is doing a bit of a head desk here and lets her know SHE'S THE PERSON THE DUKE HAS WRONGED THE MOST!!! Rubia doesn't think so as she doesn't get much resentment from original Rubia towards the duke and you actually need resentment to empower it. She bargains with Sabien yo cure the duke, his response is whatever you want will be paid(can't wait to see how she's going to lose this windfall)

Rubia is taking a walk in the garden and runs across Margaret who is still suffering from her illness. Rubia sees it's a serious mana problem,while playing some verbal games with her. Margaret demands Rubia turn off the tape recorder and then sends her two maids away as well, then she thanks Rubia for saving Diane while making it clear she doesn't like Rubia. Our girl responds saying Margaret is cute as a TSUN.

After the exchange, Rubiah concludes that Margaret is the most wronged person by the duke, as he could never get past his love for Rubia's mom who died giving birth to her. (Nahhh not even close. Rubia was driven to death by this family and if she had of lived would still have had to overcome a childhood of near total neglect)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
    Yume-sama, Daphne03, Hathley and 93 others like this.
  3. Niaosaf

Niaosaf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wowww what a wonderful father, totally b*stard

4. Julveury

Julveury Tea Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Wouldn't the Duke be good as gone? Since real rubia is no more

Ravenz, Scapezz, Im Who Im and 4 others like this.
  5. IsaacaHawke

IsaacaHawke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why is this so convoluted? The spoilers are actually putting me off the novel (no offense to the people who were kind enough to spoil). I'm just tired of seeing so many scum being whitewashed in so many novels.

6. Peerly

Peerly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember when she confronts the knight before she leaves the continent or something and is like okay I understand the duke made u follow me, here have some tea and he drinks it BUT THE TEA WAS A COVER FOR A SLEEPING DRUG so her and her maid could flee without the duke knowing where they went and when I read that part I laughed so hard SO SAD THE TRANSLATION GOT DELETED I NEED THIS TRANSLATED FOR MY LIFE TO LIVE ON

7. Peerly

Peerly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LMAO I LOVE THESE COMMENTS IN BETWEEN CRACKING ME UP

kawaii12345 likes this.
  8. Privvnn

Privvnn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So obviously the 4th prince is the ML. But since he is the 4th prince he wasn’t supposed to have any succession rights but he possesses (the kings eyes) which manifested when he was 10 I’m pretty sure. And anyone with the kings eyes are supposed to be the next ruler and there ability is to see through someone and to know there true intentions. (not so sure)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
  9. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
  10. Serena_Weeb

Serena_Weeb Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally! I've waited for years! I already finished reading the latest translation chapter 181 in the novel. The art style is so pretty and damn... Orleon, Fildeheim, and Visner are freaking handsome!!! (*≧▽≦)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
  11. BlueRoseJuliet

BlueRoseJuliet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoilers on what is going on in the novel? :aww:

12. Geedi

Geedi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mate you left usat 2/3spoil us the last bit too

Tobbit and mharumi like this.
  13. marjie94

marjie94 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who's the ML?It's quite confusing I thought it would be the 4th prince but then crown prince keeps on appearing. But hopefully it would be the 4th coz he's the cool one. ʘ‿ʘ

Scapezz likes this.
  14. Yurie

Yurie Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read this novel before and I want to say that I really like dynamic of this story. I like how mc attracts people to her side when she doesn’t want to. However there are a bit too much redemption that feels a bit repetitive.
    ‘Mule’ a classmate of mc is found bullying a fellow student. He becomes Rubia’s fan after he loses the duel to her.
    Sophien a dukes daughter that despise the mc for taking the seat of student representative from her. She was trapped in a fire building and mc saves her.

Jane is a lackey of Sophien and after failing to framed mc, she was isolated from Sophien’s group. Mc get her to be a witness of Sophien’s misconducts.

Diane, Rubia’s half sister despise Rubia for having her father’s affection. She and her mother would always be picking on her. When mc came back to the dukedom, there was an incident of women being kidnapped. Diane was frustrated that her father believe in Rubia’s theory of the culprit so she used herself as a bait to lure the kidnapper. Rubia saves her when she couldn’t defend herself from the killer.

Duchess Margaret hates Rubia as she’s the daughter of the previous duchess that the duke loved. After the incident with Diane, Rubia asked the duchess whether she wants to confirm the duke’s feeling as well as an revenge on her side. Mc gave a portion that allows her to faked her death to see the duke’s reaction.

Duke mc’s father that feines ignorance when he knew his wife and daughter was abusing her. He loved the previous duchess and cannot get over her death during child birth.With duchess’s faked death, the duke realised that he loved duchess Margaret that was always by his side and not duchess Cleena. He has a karma curse on him, until he repent for his sins the curse would not disappear. After short apology to mc, the curse is broken.

Sven, Rubia’s half brother and also the one that placed a curse on his father. It was that he cannot inherited the position of duke sooner with his father being so powerful and healthy. He also tries to kill Rubia for know Bing this but halts as he feels regretful. Mc give him a pill and bluff that this will kill him if he tries something similar and so the brother with be ridden with guilt and fear for his life.

I feel like the duchess, duke and the brother shouldn’t be forgiven or off the hook so easily. The duchess that tormented Rubia in the past and the duke that neglects this, came to reciprocate the duchess’s feelings. I hate this part where Mc had to play the love Cupid between those two. I was like has the duke forgotten she’s the one that abuse the daughter of the women that you loved??? Also the brother that curses his father for something so trivial when he’s the one that is much better off in the family. He wasn’t physically punished except for mental guilt.
    I know that Rubia said that she hasn’t forgiven them but it feels that they got it easy. When I heard that the duke got the karma curse, I was like ‘that’s what you’ve got coming and you deserves it, but the curse just got broken.:blobangery::facepalm:

kakawow, Sadri, Shion Lee and 70 others like this.
  15. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with you in general. There's far too many get out of jail free cards, in this novel. But the family is a special case. Original Rubiah died wanting affection from her family more than anything else. Hostia was just trying to satisfy her wish. She couldn't very well take revenge and gain their affection at the same time.

Just to be clear I have no idea how this would satisfy the original. She dies alone from abuse and neglect . Afterward someone that looks like her but is otherwise completely different is able to obtain the love of her family in a way she couldn't hope to match. I'd think she'd be much worse than before

Revenge is hollow satisfaction, but at least it's satisfaction

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  16. AnimeHuntress

AnimeHuntress Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I think I get why there doesn't seem to be much comeuppance to the OG bodies family. It was the OG girls family NOT the MC's. Doesn't make what they did right, but the MC doesn't have the connection nor desires the OG girl had. For her they are nothing but strangers who call themselves her family. So she want them to have some Karma pie but its not a personal vendetta for her. At least that's what it seems like from the spoilers? I'd love if someone could spoil her Fiancés reaction to all this!

17. OtomeAddict

OtomeAddict Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So... Lets get this straight.
    The duke thought he loved his first wife, the maid he ignored societal norms to get married to.
    He lets their daughter get abused because he’s upset his wife is dead.
    Later figures out that he actually loves the clingy & abusive b— who abused an innocent child. AND he didn’t actually love his first wife so he ignored his daughter for no reason? Lesson learned kids, the villainess clinging and bullying method works!
    Am I summarizing this correctly?

Below is not a spoiler, just a rant about the direction of the story based on these spoilers (from very kind people who I appreciate)
    But... why does she care whether they can make up and live well? They are quite obviously bad people, the staff that helped hurt Rubia are bad people. They’re classist and bully the weak. They’re rude/malicious to HER too so it’s not all to do with poor OG Rubia. Why is she helping them? She slaps the rude maid and asserts dominance but helps the abusive people family get their happiness?
    Is this an implicit message that only rich people deserve the MC’s forgiveness & help?

If she’s trying to respect the original Rubia, she’s better off just wishing that Rubia can be born well in her next life. It’s not like Rubia can see or would like to see the trash family she yearned for fawning over this superior Mary-Sue.
    For me it’d be a huge slap in the face if I spent my life trying my best to get attention before dying alone, only for this person who looks exactly like me and is better than me in every way win over the family. It’s like f— you Rubia, they don’t like you because you weren’t good enough.
    A child shouldn’t need to be Dr Phil for a dysfunctional couple just so she can be treated like a human.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
  18. Yurie

Yurie Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Mc’s mother is the second wife and is a commoner. The first wife was a noble lady that gave birth to Rubia’s half brother Sven, but later died. The present duchess is the third wife and gave birth to mc’s little sister. I didn’t get why the duke had to married again since I though he loved mc’s mother. It’s it for connections? But the dukedom is already quite powerful. For a heir? Already got one from the first marriage so why??? :hmm:In my last post I said that the duke return duchess Margaret’s feelings. I meant that he did loved mc’s mother but just moved on. He was said to looking at her portrait everyday until mc ‘accidentally’ burnt it for the duke to move on.
    Yeah, I also agree with you, that they shouldn’t forgiven and a least to need to know that the original Rubia died so they can know the weigh of their actions. (But can’t because of the curse) I know I was rambling that in my last post but I can see why Rubia didn’t punished them with deaths. Because she’s been through life and deaths, she understands the pain of living to repent sins and see death as a way to escape. So I think that’s what the author wants to convey.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
  19. Merrar

Merrar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's worth waiting for it and the art is really amazing

20. twenyfour

twenyfour Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, i thought the development will be good but what i see here is a scumbag man causing all sorts of trouble. What the hell. The MC is a badass but what is this development...

Mandyj, Scapezz, CaelumBlue and 5 others like this.