Discussion Do you guys read novel with 2000+ chapter ?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Wick, Mar 7, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nightbutterfly

nightbutterfly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, I do.
    When I found interesting story I will read it no matter how many chapters they have.

2. Blank-1

Blank-1 Fantasy-holic

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds interesting, is it being TLed?

3. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/lonely-attack-on-the-different-world/

However, the author updates up to 4 chapters a day and the TL is up to 2 chapters a week... Considering how the story is written (the author writes almost all of the protagonist's waking hours plus side stories so each in-story day averages about 3-4 chapters), and how it's spread out between training, fighting, crafting, home/dungeon/town/nation building, romcom/friendship bonding, later adding ecchi into the mix, later adding politics into the mix... might be hard to read the translation at the current pace. Should be fine to read all the current chapters, though, since I think it's almost at a good stopping point and enough to understand the protagonist's behavior even a little.

Blank-1 likes this.
  4. luckymorris

luckymorris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do, but chances are it's a trash novel where the author just recycle his plot devices into new arcs, so not that much.

5. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I never pay attention to the number of chapters is a dumb way to measure length. A 2000 chapter novel with 1000 word chapters is 2,000,000 words long. It's long but not excessively so. A book with half the chapter count but the chapters are 4000 words apiece would be twice as long. It's a bit like trying to determine the size of a car by looking at how many letters there are in its name.

As for the question itself, it's all dependent on the skill of the writer and the content of the novel. A good writer working with a good story concept can keep the book entertaining forever, and for a book written by a terrible writer sometimes even a single chapter is too much. If you keep finding books that run out of steam, then chances are that you're just bad at picking books to read!

6. AlvoisSam

AlvoisSam Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No. 2000 chapter is just too long for my taste. In my 4 years of reading Webnovel, I have never been seen a story that has that many chapter but continues to have a great plot line. My attention span is just too short for that.

Fulminata likes this.
  7. dilettante

dilettante Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I was younger, I did~

8. Euphues

Euphues Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, if I like the book
    No if I don't
    Never read a book that is still good after 1000 ~1500 chapters tho...

9. AmethystCherry

AmethystCherry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I used to but not anymore. It needs investing and to be sure it's a really good story to start with. Now that I've read many novels and my standards are inevitably high. I'd rather read something short but with quality than something with little quality and mostly filler. Otherwise the long 600+ chapters has to certainly be good for me to start with.

Fulminata likes this.
  10. Raebit

Raebit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As long as I'm happy when reading it, and not annoyed, why not?
    It is quite sad you know, when a series end. More chapter, more happiness!

11. Neyh

Neyh Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Though I usually don't read that long because of the repetitions, I also absolutely avoid the shorter stories because of rushed stories or just recently started/vastly incomplete content. My personal target would be 500+ chapters or so.
    I'll admit I tried many 2000+ novels to see if I would like them and some I've gone all the way to the end, but MOST have been dropped, and often early ("am i really gonna suffer trough 1500+ chapters of this? nope ! ")

12. lazilygrinningcat

lazilygrinningcat Cookie Thief

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm fine with it if I really like it. I'm generally put off with novels with lots of chapters and anime with lots of episodes.

13. Deleted member 304540

Deleted member 304540 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read a novel that's over 2000+ chapters yet. I prefer short novels but I guess if the story and characters are interesting enough (and stay that way) I could try to read novels that long. However, I'm doubtful that the writer keeps up the quality for that long. :blobconfused:

14. Roza Gabriella

Roza Gabriella Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I do read novel with 2k+ chapters

15. ToastedRossi

Reading List:
    Link
    If a book is about constant power ups then it's hard to see how it can be sustained for prolonged periods. But it all depends on the writer and his vision for the story. Even ones that look like they have limited scopes can still be highly varied and stay interesting for a long time. For example, I read a book about World War II that's about war all the time. However it still manages to tell all kinds of different stories: there are battles at all different scales, stories about infiltration and guerilla combat, logistics, home front activities, diplomacy, and more. It might not be for everyone, but it's something I did read for a very long time.

16. Deleted member 304540

Deleted member 304540 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree that it depends on the writer and the genre. One book one can easily keep the plot interesting but 2000+ chapters would be a book series... I'm not against reading a longer story but I would need a reason for it as I wouldn't randomly pick one up. To me, 500 chapters is long. But if someone recommended me a novel that was 2000+ that matches my interests, I might give it a go. Depends also how interesting synopsis it has, is it my preferred genre/setting etc. I agree also that certain topics do need a longer plot to unfold.

17. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LoTM & ToMA have 1k+ chapters and I love them, Supreme Magus too, is great so far. KN & JP novels are great in the short run, but the quality wane too fast.

The only novels I know with 2k+ chapters are probably the still on going novels, that were translated during the Xianxia peak last 2015-16-ish. NGL I read those during that time, and I'm a sucker for it until the Isekai genre became the new schiznit.

18. ToastedRossi

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it looks like most of the super long novels on NU are xianxia, and I don't read those books. And so it feels like the really long books that I like don't get translated so I can't really recommend anything as a counterpoint. However, these books are out there, and they can be very good indeed!

Deleted member 304540 likes this.
  19. Violet Blaze

Violet Blaze Step Red Sibling | Holy Blaze

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes if the story well liked, has happy ending, finish translated, and adventures

20. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    It only happened once. By the end of it, I was reading on inertia. It was a quick pass novel, so at least the storylines changed every 30-50 chapters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.