Developing a prideful Character

Discussion in 'Author Discussions' started by Scholar of Eclipse, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Scholar of Eclipse

Scholar of Eclipse Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, i'm seeking for advice in developing a prideful character, otherwise known as my mc. He's a demigod descending down to a mortal realm, and thinks highly of himself. He isn't arrogant as in he looks down on mortals (as in my story, mortals can become demigods too) though. I personally have my own ideas on how, but i've always thought that getting others' opinions are helpful, allowing me to know things I didn't think of.

2. Vi2

Vi2 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When you say develop, do you mean you want him to become less prideful over time? Or will he stay about the same? What is he proud about, is it justified? Does he look down on anything that is not or can't become a demigod, like animals if that's the case? Will his pridefulness cause problems or is he a good kind of self confident, or is it humorous even? Do you want the reader to think of it as a good or bad thing? How does it affect the decisions he makes? How does it affect the way he views and treats other characters or the way other characters view or treat him?

3. Night Ghost

Night Ghost Well-Known Ghost Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can give you a suggestion or two if the said character was a human. But a god ?? Well that's hard.

4. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    Is he prideful in a cheeky way or the kind to stay stoic when complimented?