Spoiler Thorns Piercing Me/나를 찌르는 가시

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Spoiling Queen, Feb 26, 2021.

1. TheGodEmperor

TheGodEmperor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so, Thorn that Pierces Me's novel form, if she gives him a BJ despite the fact he says no, is that rape? Like, sure he doesn't force her off physically, but if the genders were reversed, wouldn't that be no? Just cause he might have been aroused physically in the novel cause of just being touched by her doesn't seem to mean "Sex time consent" (though, sure, he likes it, but that feels along the lines of rape in hentai where eventually the girl gets into it/enjoyos it)

Though, what I care more is, I wanna know if she ever gets to see her mom again in the future or if we get any perspective of her mom. Cause, man... that's sad

2. Hakucyou

Hakucyou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would say it might be a complicated issue under normal circumstances, But in this particular story, Hee-su doesn't know the language. So she wouldn't be able to understand it even if Kalix said no, It would require physical action to get the idea of "no"" across. Manhwa ch6 or 7 has Kalix reflects on that incident. Its about the same thought process as novel, on why he let things went the way they were.

And I didn't go into details, but Hee-su started off only with her hand on his at first and made a lot of eye contact with Kalix. Kalix felt that was her way of asking if its fine to keep going. He didn't nod or anything, but he didn't shake his head either.

Most Asian smut starts off with questionable consensual act. All those contract marriages at first, did it merely out of marital duty. And Asian smut just doesn't emphasize on consent in general from what I have seen. Let along a non-modern setting. Standards were different back then...

She only appears in Hee-su's flashback. Didn't get any new perspective from her. But I can assure you Hee-su got her happy ending at the end.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
    smeilia, syofiaa, Peachiii and 22 others like this.
  3. Hakucyou

Hakucyou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you check these out already ?

4. Meizey

Meizey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sooo they will be together in the story, like the story will follow their journey, but then she will run away from some (their) wedding? I didn't quite understood this part.
    They will separate in that moment and then they will reunite after? Like same day/week/month or after couple years? How long were they separated if they were separated? Did they got married?
    And I don't understand the genre of this weebton/manhwa. Is it romance? Ecchi? Isekai for sure, but everything else is quite difficult to understand from this first few chapters and spoilers

syofiaa and Missjacksm like this.
  5. TheGodEmperor

TheGodEmperor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dunno, I just can see if the genders were reversed it'd be called out fall more lol because it's definitely questionable.

As for hee-su's mom, booo... woulda liked some more with that.

6. Ela007

Ela007 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Hakucyou Thank you very much for the spoilers, please if it were possible for you to share the details about your first time, I am excited

7. eamxu

eamxu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the manhua is now up on Tappytoons! Just wanna clarify again to be sure because I just have get really upset but MC didn't get raped before meeting ML, right? :blobsleepless: (someone, please say yes)

Mi shiru and IceQueenRinne1234 like this.
  8. kcis

kcis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, she was not raped prior to meeting ML.

(To my understanding of the spoilers and manhwa, at least lol)

eamxu likes this.
  9. Deleted member 282232

Deleted member 282232 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Naver blog - about the storyline (MTL) so the sentences are uncleared but I'm able to understand vaguely.
    So in Volume 1 : Meeting + Background Stories + Romance is budding

in Volume 2 : FL runs away with a pearl necklace and later reunites with the ML after a gap of 3 years or so + Marriage

Volume 3 : FL and ML story's progresses + Misunderstandings/Shortcomings + Overcoming everything + Happy Ending + Side stories (Tbh, the begining description was written unexpected Sea World, so they meet mermaids and mermen or what?)

10. eamxu

eamxu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mermaids??? yes, please!

aboni_06 and Daisychangedhermind like this.
  11. lascreiiaa

lascreiiaa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you know how I can bypass the age verification on kakaopage? I don't have a Korean phone number. ;-;

12. JustARandomNeko

JustARandomNeko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would recommend Naver, but you would still need to verify your age using your ID or passport. I think that's the 15+ version.

OR

Ridibook is kinda the easiest(? Correct me if I'm wrong). You still need to verify your age using your ID or passport, but this one is 19+ version.

lascreiiaa likes this.
  13. JustARandomNeko

Reading List:
    Link
    Ugh... I don't know if it's just me, but I feel a bit emotional from reading this novel using Google translator.
    I've been spoiling a little on a discord server as I go, but I had to stop reading to focus on my school work. I read all of it in a rush so I'm not sure if I remember the details clearly.
    I think I'm on book 12? I'm not sure if it's chapter or book... but right now, I'm on "12. Living with you"
    When I was reading the 19+ version, I'm not sure if it's just me or if it's normal to feel this way from reading a novel, but I felt really sad a couple of times. I think it was around 120 pages of my heart aching.

Anyways, I'm up to the point where Hee-su is pregnant with her third child and she already has two sons. The first one is Reynold and the second one is Christopher.

syofiaa, MLisMyHubby, DOHere and 2 others like this.
  14. lascreiiaa

lascreiiaa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was able to find the novel on the NAVER Series app but I can’t mtl since it’s on my phone and I was unsuccessful in my attempt to translate it on PC too. I am having trouble finding the novel on the Ridibook app.
    For the PC version of Ridibook, I was prompted to a window that told me to install something to verify my age. Is that ID/passport verification you are talking about?
    Also I’m sorry for the trouble!

syofiaa likes this.
  15. JustARandomNeko

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure about the window pop-up you're talking about, but if it asked for a phone number (or another option that I forgot about) before you can see the book preview, that's probably the age verification. They have an option for foreigners which you would need to do the 1 on 1 inquiry (Sending your ID/Passport). Since the novel is 19+, you HAVE TO verify your age before you can read it.

If it asked you to install a program after purchasing the books on PC, that's probably the Ridibooks program that you need to be able to read their books. I don't remember much about doing the age verification, but you can probably search up how to do that easily if you're actually 19+.

16. lascreiiaa

lascreiiaa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the help! I’ll try again. It’s a little difficult when the page doesn’t translate to English all the way ^^; And yes I’m over 19 lols
    Thanks again!

syofiaa likes this.
  17. Mmie

Mmie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She got pregnant so he is trying everything he could to give her a good life. He wanted to marry her. She still can't trust him so she planned to run away from him. She got a cellphone from his buddy carlos. Calix thought the picture from the cellphone was her old lover so he got supperrrrr pissed thinking that she might have cheated. He took her back to the wilderness but couldn't leave her there. She realized that she needed to leave him beforee he leaves her. She acted obedient then the day of or before their wedding she ran away.

18. eamxu

eamxu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMYGOD THIS DRAMA! xDDDD Thanks so much!

19. JustARandomNeko

Reading List:
    Link
    Edit: Added a picture of FL and ML teleporting using blue flames

I'll just leave this here for now. I'll come back to it later.

For this spoiler, I'm not sure how accurate it is since I'm writing this based on my memory and Google Translator. Also, there are some parts that are different from the manhwa. Since Naver and KKP have the 15+ version, I'm assuming they're going based on that, but I've read the 19+ version on Ridi.

This is a combination of Book 4: This man's ejaculation and the first half of 5: A woman to be pampered. I'll come back to edit this later after I reread the whole novel (or I'll just write another post).
    In the novel, FL never caught a fever. When they teleported, FL was conscious. FL was scared of the blue flames, but ML was telling her it was okay. So FL believed him and held onto him as they teleported.

[​IMG]

But after they arrived at the Temple, ML was found by Halo (another paladin showed earlier, not the green hair guy). Halo tries to convince ML to come back, but ML refused since he killed the Pope even though Pope is evil. Because they had a conversation there, FL learned that ML's name is Kalix and his nickname is Kali. FL also knew simple words that her first friend taught her before she died/turned into mannock.

After FL and ML left the Temple, they stayed in an inn for 15 days. ML plans on leaving FL after that. When they arrived at the inn, ML paid money for two meals and a room for 15 days. FL thought that ML was selling her so she was kinda rebelling a bit. Then ML remembered to request a doctor to check on FL's vocal cords since she can't speak. After they went to their room, FL realized there was only one bed. ML was going to wash since it's been days since he last cleaned himself. He didn't want FL to hate him because he smells. ML was leaving to wash, but FL was scared of being alone since she thinks she's being sold.

Around this part, I was a bit confused about what happened. While ML goes to the bathroom, I think the Inn owner came in and asked FL for money? FL thought that her value probably went up and she started to bang on the bathroom door trying to get ML's attention. ML told FL to wait a second so he can put on some clothes and wonders why FL is acting this way. Anyway, I vaguely remember this part so I might go back and edit this post in the future. I guess later on is when they had their first night together. While they were doing it, ML was upset that he doesn't even know FL's name and that during that time was when they were able to communicate. He wanted to kill the person who made FL unable to speak. Also all this time, ML thought the FL was a prostitute.

Eventually, ML got to see the injuries that FL got while working in the mines (I don't remember if he knows that she worked in the mines). He saw whip scars on FL's back and they were still bright red. He thought to himself that FL wouldn't get whip scars if she just does the same thing she does with him with other guys (aka prostitution). That thought also made ML think about all the other guys that touched FL and how he wanted to kill them all.

I forgot what day the doctor came (maybe it was the next day?). I think he was an old guy. He took a look at FL while ML was watching. At that time, ML was glad that FL wasn't able to speak because if people found out that she was a foreigner (people not from this world), she would be burned and thrown out the city. The doctor told ML that FL is unable to speak because of psychological trauma. ML told the doctor that he will pay him any amount of money for medicine to help FL regain her voice, but the doctor said that she will regain her voice once her mind is in peace. During this time, FL thought that ML was making sure she was in good condition before selling her.

Ten days passed after the doctor visited and FL was silent. ML thought back to what the doctor said about how FL can speak again if her mind is in peace and tries to communicate more. I think that's when they kept doing it otherwise FL would just stay silent for the entire 15 days of their stay in the inn. Eventually, FL noticed that ML would stop once she falls asleep, so she pretends to sleep. ML noticed that she would pretend to sleep so he would do things that would wake up her if she isn't really sleeping.

At one point, FL went downstairs to eat and ML came along. I think they wanted another meal, but the hostess (I think it was her?) wanted them to pay up. That's when ML was going back to the room to get money. He told the hostess to watch over FL while he's gone. FL stopped ML because she thought he was going to leave her, but he told FL that to wait and he'll be back. FL understood his words and let him go.

While ML was gone, a guy appears next to FL. I think his name is Dennis?? I might be wrong. He was trying to get FL's attention and talk to her while she was eating. I forgot what Dennis was doing (I think he was about to touch FL), but ML came back and grabbed him and lifted him up. He wanted to kill Dennis for being close to FL, but wasn't able to because they're inside the city. FL was scared. The hostess tried to stop ML, but ML wouldn't listen. The hostess got FL to stop ML and ML threw Dennis to the floor. He walked away with FL. FL was scared and ML was thinking how FL was treating Dennis the same as she did with him. It was ML's first time getting into a fight with a citizen. But instead of regretting that, he was disappointed that he wasn't able to cut off Dennis's hands since they were in the city.

Hopefully, this is easy to understand ><

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    smeilia, syofiaa, Sehzan and 30 others like this.
  20. Yumiko Heartfilia

Yumiko Heartfilia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you..... Looks like there's a lot of misunderstanding in this novel, since they can't communicate....