Spoiler I’m Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness Doesn’t Mean I’m a Bad Person!

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by lazynoodles, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Alice Henituse

Alice Henituse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  2. Cathleya

Cathleya Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So........

WHAT HAPPEN LATER??!!
    I need to knooooowww!!!

bochucha likes this.
  3. Geedi

Geedi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So any new spoilers on the end were left at when her mother said selfishly i want a new relationship with you and shes like too little to late what happend after that

sinnerman likes this.
  4. Nuzlocke

Nuzlocke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Would be nice if someone could spoil the entire story.

The problem with reading the webnovel is the fact that most translations are ass, or incomplete, or both.

Khadz likes this.
  5. Crystal_knight

Crystal_knight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like this story and i don't feel any racisms vibe coming from it as some people feel that.
    It shows people begin to approach her after receiving blessings from white spirit king as she became white is purely because people use to fear her when she only has black spirit king blessings.
    She was still beautiful and attractive when she was black as sometimes people do Captivated by her smile.

6. Cipher95

Cipher95 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Imo, the skin change was meant to highlight the shallowness of people with them just judging her by her superficial looks. The fact that everyone was now trying to curry favor with her now that she looks slightly different caused her a lot of stress as she knew they weren't genuine which is why she exploded at her father (should of been her mother as she deserved it more imo). It also helped show her who her real friends and family were as they sticked by her before the change and didn't change their attitude after.

Unfortunately, the general audience had pretty much the same reaction as the characters in the LN but just the opposite direction with claims of white washing and that it served no purpose without waiting for the next chapters where the purpose was shown. The story was about how you look doesn't reflect who you are with the people in the LN condemning her due to her looks and power initially suddenly changing their tunes when she herself is still herself. Instead the general audience also judged her by her looks and demanded her be kept the same and called the author a white washer when they were clearly going for an asian look.

7. KaguyaDreyar

KaguyaDreyar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Her changing skin color is only temporary, I think, the next chapter after being blessed by the white spirit king, her skin color went back to being dark. So I really don't get those comments saying its racist :hmm:

LokaLari likes this.
  8. rock.doll

rock.doll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The publishing company that publishes the manga had to change back her skin color because of the comments of racism and whitewashing. If you read the novel, especially the WN, then there the MC stays white after getting blessing from the light spirit, actually.

Personally, I don't care much. I believe that at least when it comes to arts (i.e. novels, manga, visuals, fantasy novels, etc, etc.) we need to respect artist's initial vision as much as possible. This is all fiction so why pushing all those 'real world' issues even here? Oh well.

9. Lucy scarlet

Lucy scarlet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The MC and the ML(Prince) will get married and they will have twins.

LokaLari, Pinkjasminetea1 and Sumoliz like this.
  10. Pinkjasminetea1

Pinkjasminetea1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    overall it a lame story. It feels like a Middle School story project that probably got a C in grading.

monotonousfox and ardills like this.
  11. Veille

Veille Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    People are more focus to the change of her skin color smh. mc's original skin color should be white because her parents are WHITE. Genetics. but because of the dark spirit her skin got dark like? What's wrong with these people calling it whitewashing and racism?

._.

Anyways thanks for the spoiler everyone.

LokaLari likes this.
  12. Desperate

Desperate Desperate for spoilers <( °-° )>

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I thought her "suppose" parents didn't made her?? Cuz the shitty mom whined and said "R u doing this for revenge because I didn't give birth to you?"
    Edit: Btw, I would RLLY HATE this if the author made the mc and her parents relationship to get better. Idgf about them. Let them rethink their whole lives and suffer in agony. Mother is shitty and the father too. Just because he's having doubts or is nervous regarding the mc doesn't mean he can be forgiven. He has never gave an effort to the fl. I rlly hate how the author is writing the father as someone who made a simple mistake or someone who doesn't know how to show his affection to the fl. Bruh, u literally favor ur wife and son. Why can't u do the same to the fl them? Complete bullshit.

13. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

The MC Claudia has been dark/brown skinned depending how she is colored in artworks, novel illustrations and manga since she was born under the devine protection of the Dark Spirit King and has been living with her darker shade skin color for about 14 years!
    We can respect and understand the work of the author but we need also to stay critical and contoversial things need to be called out.
    The writer didn't handle skin color discrimination and accountability well even though she obviously attempted to make it a dramatic conflict in her own story.
    It shouldn't be a sursprise that people who will never get a fair white skin or who suffered under skin whitening propaganda are reacting negatively to her creative regressive choice....

The point is Claudia becoming suddenly very light skinned gives off the message that you are not beautiful and worthy of real love/respect/empathy/acceptance as long as you have dark(er) skin. THIS IS CLEARLY COLORISM regardless of the intention of the author.
    Art/Entertainmaint has an impact on people or can influence them especially if the consumers are young, underdeveloped + insecure.

Racism in a Chinese laundry detergent advertisement

But at the end we have to respectfully Agree to Disgree with other different people....

As someone who comes from a conservative taiwanese family and grew up with Confucianism + Filial Piety; I can tell you that many Asian Children are being 'brainwashed' into never question or defying the parents/the elders even if they are so dead wrong toxic stupid! Things are slowly changing in China and Taiwan because the younger generations are getting tired of these impossible outdated expectations! LYING FLAT MOVEMENT
    You have to forgive them no matter how much they wronged/hurt you because they are your precious blood family that demands respects:mad:

If you have watched Asian Dramas, you noticed that most characters are way too forgiving to their shitty abusive blood relatives!

Very unusual nuanced examples:
    There are two OP 'Villainesses' who are similar to Claudia but far more stronger, bolder, fearless and critical.
    Yumiela - Level 99 Villainous Daughter ~I’m not the Demon King but the Hidden Boss~
    Leticiel - Her Royal Highness Seems To Be Angry (Light Novel/Manga doesn't do any Justice!)

Yumiela and Leticiel (The OG LIGHT NOVEL/NOT THE MANGA!) don't give a shit about their worthless parents. They dominate/scare off their shit parents who are so pathetically intimidated/afraid of these powerful no-nonsense girls.:D
    Ultimately these two oddballs leave their bad toxic home for good and build their own comfortable strong home!
    But have to say that Yumiela is a little too kind and forgiving to her 'bullies'. Alternate Yumiela on the other hand is an ambitious conquerer in her universe :)
    Leticiel (Novel) is compared to Claudia + Yumiela the most badass because she didn't hesitate to attack her ex-trash fiance bully prince mercilessly + humiliated her family/parents verbally and threatened them with her magicraft + she made the father of the idiot prince/the king bow to her:ROFLMAO:

Why Filial Piety is Bullshit || 为什么孝顺文化是Bullshit

Last edited: May 24, 2023