Spoiler I Corrupted The Good Male Protagonist

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Guide1410, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    ICTGMP / 선량한 남자 주인공을 타락시켰다
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-corrupted-the-good-male-protagonist/
    Novel Raws: https://page.kakao.com/home?seriesId=52171569
    Description:
    I possessed the friend of the male protagonist who suffers from an incurable disease.

I just wanted to play a lot and enjoy my short life before I die, but the good male protagonist keeps interrupting me.

It was sickening so I tried to coax him into the path of evil… Well, he suddenly turned into a villain. Is this my fault….?

Chorkie, Grayel, ErryChu and 15 others like this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. fireflying

fireflying Lost Boy

Reading List:
    Link
    This looks really good :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone: the synopsis doesn't seem to give away much so I'd really like to know more.

4. MiserableSOUL

MiserableSOUL Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So Male Lead, Adele Magnus, was known in the both the original timeline and the current one as the "perfect" person as he was so kind and righteous, enough that it was his flaw. The author managed to turn the "kind and nice" character as flaw in that most people saw him as a doormat and it came into head in the first few chapters when the MC and him went to a festival that everyone ignored him asking them to move away to get the MC back home as she was going to throw up blood soon and pass out. And when he declined the people blamed the MC as she was the reason why he declined helping them.

His father the Duke, Friedrich Magnus, is worried as the ML was born as someone "perfect" as in he never really cried or expressed his needs or emotions enough that he and his wife, Penelope, tried their best to instill good morals in him to the point of brainwashing which he regrets as it basically left the ML defenseless in defending himself and the fact his current self of a "good and nice" noble is just a facade that will one day break and as he has seen other people like his son get into big accidents when they could longer be the "nice and kind" person.

The Main Character transmigrated into the childhood friend of Adele, Anastasia Sinclair, who is going to to die in two years from her uncurable disease. Her parents and older brother are traveling to find a cure leaving Anastasia under the care of Duke Friedrich, who leaves her under Adele to kindle friendship between the two. The MC may seen like bitch in the beginning because it seems like she was being too harsh but she mainly does that because the ML was too overprotective with not letting her go outside and the fact she quickly notices how much of doormat he is. So she tries to teach him to be a bit more "evil" ie. know when to say "No" and not to take everything at face value because when she tricks him to thinking she blamed him for eating a slice of pie when both the MC and the chief were barely holding back their laughter in front of him. She is living a YOLO kind of him so she doesn't usually care what people think as long as those close to her may have good memories of her being happy in last moments when dies.

The original Anastasia had a rocky relationship with the ML as she took his hopes of her getting better as mockery because she knew she wasn't getting better and that she was going to die, so she didn't take kindly to him trying to plant false hopes of her living. Original Anastasia was happier and kinder when she was younger until a year before Transmigrated-Anastasia came she just gave up and started fighting with the ML because she couldn't stand his "happiness" or hope of her getting better because his mother, Penelope's death gave her that realization that she won't get better and that she will die.

Original Anastasia wasn't as bad as you might think as she mainly avoided him the beginning before escalating into arguing into the year before throwing a vase at him a week before Transmigrated-Anastasia came since she clearly expressed her feelings that she doesn't want to see him again.

I feel like the story is less that the MC corrupted the ML but more like she helped him realized he wasn't happy being a "good and nice" person he makes himself be. The Duke is really nice since he realized his mistake in just raising the ML to a "good and nice" person fucked him over and one of the things he did was warn the MC early on about it since he realized the ML actually likes her.

The main reason why the ML likes the MC is because she doesn't think him as the next Duke or the "perfect" person everyone claims he is, she is rude and back talks to him and he express his feelings clearly.

Edit: Lol one of the complaints was the amount of skinship was too little, like the couple only went as far as forehead kisses.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  5. Miki04

Miki04 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually I prefer less skinship and more fluff:blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt:

This novel is becoming my cup of tea:blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn:

6. Malacat

Malacat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm wondering how the MC's illness will be addressed in the end. Luckily it doesn't Have the tragedy Tag.

7. chefcheese

chefcheese Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm... does that mean that ML will change to what he is now...?
    I heard that this was happy ending!

8. Farahlolita

Farahlolita Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So he is a psychopath his parents were afraid that he will cause troubles or maybe become tyrannical in the future so they totally brainwashed him into being a nice and a good person , but he just took it to the extreme because he can't feel any emotions and was so confused
    I guess that's why he doesn't blush, gets flustered or have much reaction to the MC's otherworldly beauty or skinships
    Also he was just thaught to act a certain way , it's not his real nature and he doesn't feel anything out of the Goodwill's he commits , but thankfully the mc will correct him and teach him how to be his true self , maybe he is a Villain or a tyrant in nature , but these traits were hidden due to his programmed acts

Biakushi, ErryChu, Shion Lee and 36 others like this.
  9. Malacat

Malacat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems that way. Honestly, I think it's a great take on the supercalafragalasticextrashiningprince role that pops up in young love novels. Most of the time their strict goodness gets attributed to naiveite and dumbassness. Having trouble honestly feeling and understanding right from wrong and being pretty much brainwashed to the extreme out of fear he'd do wrong is a interesting reason to be so damn shining and perfect to a fault.

It even gives good reason for him to latch onto MC real hard. She was diagnosed as terminally ill shortly after his mother died. She's really only person who hasn't shoved extreme expectation on him. Then after MC gets her past life memories. He starts getting treated more like a person and get contrast to his brain washing and gets to realize how misrable he is.

Biakushi, ErryChu, Shion Lee and 30 others like this.
  10. Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have finished book one and am half way through book two. There is a lot going on to much to write a full spolier. HOWEVER I love love love love the entire cast of characters. They are all refreshingly well written and the more time the reader spends with them the more complex and human they feel.

Ash: Is an ass hat. However he is a full tsundere and secretly in love with Olga.

Olga: A. HOT. MESS. She is use to men saving her from herself. But then Anastasia saves her and they become friends. Olga means well but she often says or does the wrong thing.

Lynette: The more I read the more I am convinced she is queer coded. Full stop.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    Ariary, Biakushi, Grayel and 44 others like this.
  11. Pinkie Pie

Reading List:
    Link
    Also...
    Marquess
    Marquess Cloud (Ash's dad) was eating with Anastasia and the rest of his family then he's like: "The Duke is not to be trusted. I bet Adele is not even his real son. I bet the Duke killed his real son and replaced him with Adele."
    And everyone rolled their eyes and was like dude need a tin foil hat. But im just like...
    :blobsleepless: hold up a sec

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    Ariary, Biakushi, Grayel and 58 others like this.
  12. Chaosnumber8

Chaosnumber8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is one of the novels I enjoy very much.. hopefully there'll be more spoilers:blobsad:

It's been a week since I didn't meet Adele. It was time. Irina asked with a worried face.

"Miss, you're in the bedroom today too?"

I dug deeper into the quilt and looked at her.

"Get out and do something."

"Even if he doesn't come, you can go out with me. Would you like to eat parfait?"

Irina suggested with a sweet voice. And I immediately refused.

"No."

"Lady..."

I stayed in the bed and hugged my body. I bit my lips feeling a bit sorry.

'I can accept my death. What if you can't?'
    If I die, Irina will be sad, right?

Don't you want to forget about me?

"Irina, I've been doing many things in my life. I don't wish to let you know the pain of those who will die and be left behind."

I'm sorry if it's not very accurate

13. Wr3n

Wr3n Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    does adele ever confront ash over the shit he's doing, or did they just sweep it under the rug after anastacia's arm-wrestling and shitty drawing.

LokaLari likes this.
  14. Pinkie Pie

Reading List:
    Link
    They get married in the end.

The last paragraph, of the last page, of the last chapter of the main story.

*sitting together overlooking a valley*
    “Anastasia.”
    "Yes."
    “Can I kiss you?”
    “Please do it right now.” I blatantly responded. I heard Adele laughing. He released a hug and held me up. When I closed my eyes with a fluttering heart, a warm and soft thing overlapped my lips. Soon, Adele confessed, slightly dropping his lips.
    “Every moment you’re so lovely, how don't know I can endure. Even if I die, I don't want to part with you.” A sweet voice penetrated my ears. “There is infinite love for you. I swear.” Laughter came out without any help from the clear and firm words. It was Adele who wanted to live as Sinclair. Being there made me greedy, and I realized that this is my home. It would never have been here without Adele. I whispered in his arms.
    “Thank you, Adele. You know, I'm very much in with love you."
    “I love you, Anastasia. I will never miss you.”
    It was a dazzling winter. As long as there is Adele, I will never feel cold again.

[Living as Sinclair is not a translation mistake it’s a whole other thing that is part of the plot. Don’t worry about it.]

15. Wr3n

Wr3n Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WHOA SO HE TAKES ON ANASTASIA'S NAME??? MATRILOCAL MARRIAGE??? :blobparty::blobparty::blobparty::blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom::aww:

Grayel, your crush, layyu and 9 others like this.
  16. Aquaa

Aquaa 『We Lost The Summer』

Reading List:
    Link
    spoilers on how mc got cured pls

17. Assassin997

Assassin997 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    why are they eating together?

LokaLari likes this.
  18. samster

samster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for all the lovely spoilers! I'm still laughing at the bit where
    she tells him to throw the candy wrapper on the ground

ML's characterization is looking like a very unique twist on the typical prince charming trope and I'm living for it! Gonna camp out here for spoilers :sushi_hide::sushi_peak:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
    Biakushi, wu wu, your crush and 18 others like this.