Request [BL] Flying Gulls Never Land (discussion, recs)

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Disolona, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Disolona

Disolona Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, guys!

Recently I had read a novel called Flying Gulls Never Land, and I loved it immensely. I wouldn't say it's an ideal novel without any flows, I was very aware of some of them while reading. Objectively speaking, I should give this novel a 4/5, but I still enjoyed it a lot, and I am not a professional critic, thus I will give it 5/5 for the joy it brought me.

I also found a Drama CD of this novel. Let me tell you, it's SOO BEAUTIFUL, I just can't stop listening even though I understand almost nothing, since my Chinese is dreadfully poor. There are a lot of professional voice actors, who are doing an amazing job, voicing is beautiful and full of raw feelings, the special effect sounds and music are so epic I keep listening to some OSTs non-stop. I'll just leave it here for anyone interested.

I was wondering, if there's a novel like this? I love works full of tension, suffering, love-hate relationship, etc. I also loved this specific work, because main character was full-time obsessed over his gong, and chasing him despite everything, and it's also gives a different, novel feeling from other stories. I am a big fan of Konohara Narise's works, if you read some of them you might understand how depraved my tastes are. The one trope which I absolutely cannot stomach is cheating. Other than that, any suffering is okay.

So, if you have read something which made you suffer, but in a good way, feel free to hit me full-force with it.

juic3 likes this.
  2. pleasepickthisup

pleasepickthisup ✨pretty✨

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello! I recently read the novel and I fell in love. I've also been looking for a novel like this, its so unique and all of the insights into every characters emotions is just amazing...

Disolona likes this.