Recommendations Atypical Troupes

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by EricBannen, Mar 14, 2021.

1. EricBannen

EricBannen √[To Read or Not to Read]

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking for male MC based book where the character is not evil.
    Tags ☑️: VRMMO , Action, Wuxia, Cultivation, Game Elements, Clever Protagonist, World Building,
    (Flexible on likeable elements » need not be a vrmmo or wuxia )
    Example: The Amber Sword, Monarch of Evernight, Rebirth of the thief who roamed the world, The Great Ruler, The Novel's Extra

2. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lord Xue Ying ( also has 2 seasons of anime, chinese voice acting might put you off though since I saw many people bitching about it). -cultivation, xuanhuan ( western paint over, so there is magic and conditions for further gains aren't simple as cultivate, Dao get for charas after a while. We hear mages do research, sadly protag is a spear wielder so we don't see any of that but he does eclectic means of cultivation later on like deciphering arrays of a legacy, said arrays are what he will be constructing in his body and then carefully absorbing Void energies to follow Voidwalker path and this doesn't eliminate his other efforts so he has plenty of stuff to work on).

For a clever protag in wuxia just an anime ( since comic wasn't tled) there is Hitori no Shita:The Outcast with 3 seasons. He isn't the strongest or weakest, I got as far as season3 ep5 and amnesiac immortal girl ( hasn't aged since she was found wandering in the wild some 100ish years ago and while martial arts doesn't interest her, no martial artist can beat her as their lifetime of effort is nothing for her to figure out in minutes how to beat) seems to be the strongest. There's plenty of action and intrigue ( where do the 8 supreme arts everyone wants come from? Immortal girl's past? Etc)

A clever xianxia protag would be My Senior Brother is Too Steady. Reborn in an era of immortals and sects ( unknown time before God Conferring List Disaster - it's a disaster because Sages ( highest immortals possible) couldn't agree enough to fill the God list so Dao Ancestor lowers a disaster where 2 mark bearer of List Controller ( one fake, one true) fight using current human nation rushing to ruin and the rebel state trying to rise up and members of Sages sects die en masse with soldiers and mortals so their souls are recorded as future gods on said list ( aka thrown out of their sects and resentful but total obedience to Jade Emperor who whined to Dao Ancestor sects don't respect him as Universal Ruler/Administrator due to lacking human resources and actual might to back up Heavenly Dao granted authority). Not wanting to die again and become a mere pawn of the Heavenly Court ( JEmperor's court) MC goes to absurd( in eyes of locals who can't know about the future clearlylike him) lengths to survive, pass all the obstacles to immortality and power ( he aims for Golden Immortal peak, right below Sages, and while much weaker, enough to flee and dodge disasters providing he-), -doesn't get entangled in cause and effect ( Karma). He fails miserably as being a sect member and human, demons, immortals and monsters all drag him into the existing threads and tangled messes of world's fate.

3. EricBannen

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for taking the time to write this

Greater thunder likes this.
  4. Wu Jizun

Wu Jizun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. EricBannen

Reading List:
    Link
    Well you are not doing anyone any help by recommending Yaoi unless you think that most of the population likes to be part of the 'Greater cult of #fag*0ts '... as for any other assumptions you made, you can treat them as void...

Daresan likes this.
  6. Daresan

Daresan Well-Known CN Master

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol that was brutal mate, i think he/she is trying to recommend you other novels and reminding you they have yaoi in some novels.

We have a lot of female readers than you imagine it to be which is why bl is so famous here. Personally cant relate why female readers will actively seek bl novels as i never actively seek for yuri novels nor do any of my friends unless they are extremely thirsty.

For clever scheming and hypocrite type i think Divine Throne of Primordial Blood does fit in. Most CN mc here in this site are hypocrites,as they justify their actions with some bs but commit horrible attrocities. I am not able to understand what do you mean by not evil. as in holier than thou type? chu feng type? Or jap beta type?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
  7. Wu Jizun

Wu Jizun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ???
    I didn't recommend yaoi?

8. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    The World Online - Action, Cultivation, Game Elements, Clever Protagonist, Kingdom Building