Discussion This site is hijacked by bl, Run for your life

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Daresan, Mar 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TypeFantasyHeart

TypeFantasyHeart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I too have noticed this, they should go ask somewhere else, i usually ignore that kind of stuff but to much is way to much that im suspecting that people are just spamming bl threads. If they want BL that much, go to another site.

2. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Why should we have to go to another site just so that you feel comfortable? :blobawkward: This is a site meant for everyone, it’s not exclusive. You go somewhere else if you’re not comfortable talking with people different from yourself.

3. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean it has been happening since atleast 2019, it is not exactly a new thing. Use filter and continue on. As for forums well, welp.

4. Fishy_MC_FishMan

Fishy_MC_FishMan The Fishiest of Fishes

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally, I read GB, or no romance stories, but if I was going to go outside that I'd choose BL over GL.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
    TaffyGirl13 likes this.
  5. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    On a serious opinion

I don't really mind it, but the shocking part are the readers XD.

Common sense would tell me that homosexual males would be the majority readers, if not the only ones. But it's totally not them ruling over XD.. Imagine being a homosexual and coming into forum thinking all these BL fans are similar to you but only to find out its just the girls goofing around.. Poof! XD

And second if i find my gf or wife reading bl I really would creep out.. :blobwoah: God knows what fantasies of me her mind would be having :blobdizzy:

anon, Britnh3 and Daresan like this.
  6. Britnh3

Britnh3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mmm just filter it out

the only I wish is that series wouldn’t be mismarked. I only read b/g but I enjoy the cross dressing ones (true pair is still b/g). Sometimes those get marked as shonen ai and shojo ai. So I still have those un-filtered

anyhow, just ignore bl if you dislike it. I don’t know if there’s a way to filter at the forum level though

7. serguis

serguis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't see the problem. Sure, the bl have taken over but if you only see it now, it's weird.
    In the past, there was hero enter game, then isekai, then heroine send to the past with golden finger, now it's bl.
    Either close your eyes or go along with it.

You wouldn't want novelupdates to actually ban or forbid a certain kind of novel right ?

8. Hacalyhd

Hacalyhd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why spent the time giving low ratings to novels you can just ignore?
    Simply go to NU, click Release Filtering and block all BL content (or whatever else you don't want to read).
    The benefits are evident:
    1. You don't have to waste your time with that crap.
    2. People who like that crap can read reviews of other people who like that crap
    3. Less hate more love... behind closed doors in front of your own screen, but anyway.

Lilazeaf likes this.
  9. fireflying

fireflying Lost Boy

Reading List:
    Link
    The readers are a mixed bag, like all things.

You can't say they're all creepy and weird, yet there are some that are like that.
    You can't say they're all lovely people who wouldn't hurt a fly, either, because they aren't.

BL has a huge fanbase, so of course there will be differing types of readers (that are mostly het females). Like GL has a mostly het male fanbase, BL has a mostly het female fanbase. I'm not saying that there aren't different genders/sexualities, but it's just the statistics.

This is coming from someone who reads both GL and BL, and het romance.

And i just wonder why tf you think that your gf or wife will be having fantasies of you... of all people. Do you think that she imagines you with other woman too? It's like you think she wants you to cheat on her LMAO

like if I said "ew, my partner is reading GL. They must be imagining me in a wlw relationship!!!1!1! "

This is like saying "ew, my partner is reading a het romance. They must be imagining me in a relationship!!!1!1!"

Lilazeaf and Anra7777 like this.
  10. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Mr. Hamster knows I love BL and is very supportive of me. He knows that I would not imagine him with other guys, as he is mine. You make me even more glad that I’m with Mr. Hamster!! A real hamster’s hamster!! :blobupset:

8oni, peanutbl, Lissi and 2 others like this.
  11. Lynx

Lynx Professional...on lewd matter

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you in the closet or something? If you know its about bl why would you open it? Curioussity will kill the cat you know?

12. Zeusomega

Reading List:
    Link

:blobconfused: should my feelings be ruled by some universal laws here?.. I never said I'd be freaked out if she read straight romance for the same reason that I won't be freaking about cheating or her thinking of me cheating.. That's totally out of context..

Now let's just take how would a married woman feel for the first moment she finds her husband likes women having Intercourse...dont shoot me with statistics of how many men watch... Its one thing to watch in private and an other to be caught in it by your opp partner..

And don't you dare pull this is into a LGBT hate thing... I'm not! I've explicitly said I don't mind that... I was talking about someone I share a bed with... It'd be weird if I don't have a reaction to her odd liking

anon likes this.
  13. nightbutterfly

nightbutterfly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think there is a bl sect or club on this forum. I forgot the name

14. Daresan

Daresan Well-Known CN Master

Reading List:
    Link
    Life lesson 101 :- never troll a lonely heart unless they are snowflakes.

15. Ehmzhie

Ehmzhie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like majority of the comments here, if you don't like the genre, filter it. Problem solved. On the forums, don't click it. People here put on BL on the topic for disclaimer.

16. Zeusomega

Reading List:
    Link
    XD

Aiye it will surely take me a day or two to get my mind rt if It does happen.. But yeah it would just be just one of the several oddities a couple share with each other.. Not some game breaking serious XD

aShinyVaporeon and Anra7777 like this.
  17. fireflying

fireflying Lost Boy

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, that's fine. I didn't say you had to like BL, because I will admit, some stories are creepy and fetishizing.

I'm just wondering why you think she'll imagine you in a relationship with another man, because in this hypothetical scenario, you guys are sleeping on the same bed. And dating. Or married.

So you think she'll imagine you dating someone else (no matter the gender) because she likes reading about it?

???

Anra7777 likes this.
  18. Alairia

Alairia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends what kind of BL she's reading then, considering just like BG and GL, not all novels of this genre are sexual lmao

aShinyVaporeon and Anra7777 like this.
  19. rhianirory

rhianirory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Filter Release is a wonderful tool, I use it to filter out the ungodly amounts of harem and shoujo releases that clog up my page. I only wish I could filter out by language/ country as well sometimes, or that they would add Japanese isekai to the filterable options.
    as for the forum, aren't they always marked in the title and easily avoided/ignored unless your interested?

also, my bf never cared if I read bl, gl, or anything else though he'd tease me about it, just like I teased him for all his anime harem wifu's. i don't think either of us was ever weirded out or cared irl, it was just fun to joke around.

TaffyGirl13 likes this.
  20. Zeusomega

Reading List:
    Link
    XD sis/bro

Call it whatever, my male hood instinct or something else.. My most basic thought would be how she sees the closest man she is In contact with everyday.. No super scientific reason there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.