Question When mc dies and takes over another body will his future kids even be his kids?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Raven Evernight, Mar 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven Evernight

Raven Evernight But they never just accepted me for the way I was…

Reading List:
    Link
    You know how lots of stories have the mc dying and taking over another body then becoming op with harem will his kids even be classified as his though cause the bodies not his so no blood relations between mc and kids right?

2. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Purely a mental issue, if you adopt a kid you can feel like it's your kid, if you get cucked you might still raise it as your kid but i'm assuming you'd be less inclined to do so if didn't have the freedom of choice.
    I have read some 18+ on RRL before that goes into this issue, where he takes over an elven prince's body, and he impregnates his harem but the main girl gets to bear his 'actual' child, from the soul, not the body he's residing in.
    (as a side note, the ones he had with the body, were from the harem riding him while he was having an out of body experience for months and he comes back and has kids. So he feels unattached as they're seen as the Elven prince's kids to him).

The real question is, is it still wincest if they aren't actually his daughters? :blobpeek:

Raven Evernight likes this.
  3. anonymous M.K. 42

anonymous M.K. 42 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ...............Well, if he is taking over the body completely and there is no chance of the previous owner of coming back or the MC getting out of the body, well, in that case, logically speaking, any children are the MC and whoever he is having sexual-relationships with.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
    Raven Evernight likes this.
  4. PotatoZero

PotatoZero Well-known Potato

Reading List:
    Link
    Why only kids? Technically his wealth are also not his, and so are his skills, etc.,

Raven Evernight and Yellow Brick like this.
  5. ImJustTesting

ImJustTesting Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who are you? Are you just a body? Are you the soul/mind that animates the body? Both?

If a person is a body, then taking over a body makes you turn into that person and the old you is gone, even if you remember being someone else.
    If a person is a soul, then it doesn't matter what body you reside in, anything you do or create is yours.
    If a person is a combination of body and soul, then the moment you take over another body a new person is born from the merge that owns whatever the two parts have brought with them and anything acquired after that.

It also depends on what are the rules of the world, if it is permanent, and your opinion.

lilly2805 and Yellow Brick like this.
  6. anonymous M.K. 42

anonymous M.K. 42 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, if the MC doesn't care one bit about ethics and morals..............

7. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    What if it's a society where possession is something they can detect and have incorporated into their laws, if you forcefully possess someone you could be charged with theft and have everything confiscated or something, if it's a random occurence it could be considered an 'inheritance' and they could tax you 50% of your possessions or something.

8. Macrendil Ysmir

Macrendil Ysmir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If an MC completely takes over a body, no take backs or reversals etc, the original soul is completely dead and MC's original body is also dead or absolutely lost, than that body is just the MC's body and whatever he does with it will have him bear the consequences. Of course, if the original already had a kid, then that would be an 'adoption' of sorts.

9. Yellow Brick

Yellow Brick Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isaac

10. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More of a philosophical question.

Can you parent kids as your own even if they're not your blood?
    What are the circumstances of the take over?
    If you become the person does the blood not become yours?
    Does the consciousness reside in the brain, the heart, the blood, the soul?
    Does the previous consciousness have the ability to regain control?

Maybe there would be adjustment issues if you were dropped into an already established family but let's be real most isekai protagonists are plopped into adolescents or younger so they get the whole "do better than their previous life" wish fulfilment.

11. nonononononono

nonononononono NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

Reading List:
    Link
    oh no, its ntr

12. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure what the problem is. We form familial connections at an emotional level; not at the genetic one. So as long as the person in question feels like family, whether they share similar genetics is irrelevant. What makes this even more so is that the character in question takes the new body so for all intents and purposes he would think of this body as his anyways, so any resulting children are very much biological as well.

Selviata likes this.
  13. DustySpiral

DustySpiral Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hrm, most/all of the comments have been saying it's only a mental/philosophical issue. I suppose I'll take the counterpoint, then!

I haven't seen many stories where a male MC takes over a body - usually they just get a brand new body - but it's very common for female MCs. It's also quite common for the person whose body they've taken over to have little to nothing in common with the MC personality-wise or intelligence-wise, and sometimes the MC even has abilities from her previous life the original person didn't have. So who will their child take after? Them? Or the person they replaced? Something like a predisposition towards poor anger management can certainly run in families. Degree of introversion/extroversion appears to be strongly effected by genetics, and MCs frequently differ from the original in that aspect.

As for powers.. if the MC has powers the original didn't have, like a natural talent for cultivating, will their children inherit that talent or will they instead inherit the low talent of the original?

When the MC took over the body, was the entire body including the sex organs changed to reflect them? Or are they just a ghost possessing someone else's body? Moreover, since this is a world where spirits can take over a body in the first place, perhaps it is a non-issue and the spirit's presence will effect any inheritance.

-------

As for whether the kids are "their kids" in a more the familial / psychological interpretation of the phrase, rather than biologically / inheritance-wise, I defer to the other answers.

14. amleigh

amleigh Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What is identity? I guess once MC inhabits another the body, that body becomes his/hers. Any children produced can be claimed as his/hers, I think.

IMHO, in the end, family is more than just the “thickness” of blood.

15. Bobasis

Bobasis Weeeeee

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess they are still his kids . I do not really know to be honest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.