Discussion Curse all of you and all the platforms that rank Death note as number 1 or near that!

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Emissary Nouvelle, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Emissary Nouvelle

Emissary Nouvelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It made me rematch it since I didn't finish it all those years ago. Now I know you all left out a big and very key detail, it was legendary THE FIRST HALF with L alive. It's shit after he becomes a detective and L's little fan club jumps in ugh what a waste of a legend. FMAB did it's ending right at least, a true legend.

Reack and ShiroYasha22 like this.
  2. no168_92

no168_92 BrokenDoor|NeedsFixing|LackingFunds|DonorsWelcomed

Reading List:
    Link
    You should read/watch Bakuman by the same duo that did Death Note and understand why the story got 'dragged' past L's death....

It's all the publisher's fault.... same as Bleach in a way.... and maybe Dragon Ball to some.

Reack likes this.
  3. HappyHavak

HappyHavak The Laughing Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    At least for Dragon Ball nobody really expects a real plot. So theoretically its immortal lol

Reack likes this.
  4. Yellow Brick

Yellow Brick Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I curse you, I wish L had died in the first episode

5. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Dragonball had a fun and actual plot in the initial chapters before goku grew up. Later on my impression of its just powerups and nonstop flights

6. Emissary Nouvelle

Emissary Nouvelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well not really, even if Dragon ball isn't the first of its kind literally, it is in all of our hearts. It will forever be a classic despite the lack of plot and whatnot. That's it's right as the first of the Great Shounen Anime.

L wasn't what made it good per say but it was the combination of him and light. Or at least the light that was present then with L would be Light in his prime if he had a career.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2021
    Yellow Brick likes this.
  7. Sayne

Sayne if u read this u are a noob

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree, they shouldn't have replaced L in Death Note Season 1 with this clown duo in Season 2 and instead continued it in a different way. Then it could have been the masterpiece, that it deserved and should be. Still one of my fav animes ever, especially cuz Light was such a good MC. Oh and idk why people like FMAB so much, it was boring imo and I dropped it

Yellow Brick likes this.