Question [KN] MTL for translation

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by m__a, Mar 16, 2021.

1. m__a

m__a Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi!
    I want to have more resources for translating the KN novels. For now I use Google (it gives good tls sometimes), papago and naver dictionary. However I want to know if there are any other because I'd like to have more quality!

Pls link or tell me below!

hngyxn likes this.
  2. betterdays

betterdays Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I suggest looking for a discord server that will help you learn hangul. It's how I did it and there's a bunch of them around on reddit you can look up

3. number 999

number 999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can I ask how do u use these resources you already have? I finished level 1 korean but still can't realize the structure of what I am reading

4. m__a

m__a Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes! I learned Hangul last year already, I do know how to read, but I don't have enough vocabulary yet to make sense of it.

Well, as of now, I haven't studied Korean seriously. I normally go through the two MTLs and see if I'm able to understand what i get. However, sometimes there are words that make no sense, or aren't translated well. When I have this problem I go to two diffrent dictionaries.
    If the word was translated by romanazation (it's happened a few times) I find the word in Hangul and go to the dictionaries. If the phrase in itself doesn't make sense, then I copy paste it all in the dictionaries and look at all the words.
    I have studied a bit of Korean on my own, I have a few pdf books if you'd like to have them just PM me.

5. number 999

number 999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah yes pls. thanks!

m__a likes this.