Discussion Exercise tights

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jojo775, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Why do women wear tights for exercise if they don't wanna be oggled and those we don't wanna be oggling. I mean good for you that you're trying to get your body into a slightly better shape but you could be wearing loose sweatpants same as most men wear.

2. YoriMei

YoriMei (ㆁᴗㆁ✿)

Reading List:
    Link
    Because tighter clothing is actually less revealing or restrictive than loose clothing. There’s no way my clothes can shift and reveal anything, if I bend over and pick up a weight my shirt can shift down and reveal everything from my neckline but my sports bra wouldn’t move an inch. Looser clothes can chafe and get in the way, unlike tighter clothing.

Also, like you said; they’re exercising and don’t want to be ogled, shouldn’t that be enough? Just because they’re wearing tights doesn’t mean it’s a free for all to stare at their ass.

inactive_rose, imK, FIEND and 14 others like this.
  3. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Well said!

imK and Deleted member 219339 like this.
  4. Fishy_MC_FishMan

Fishy_MC_FishMan The Fishiest of Fishes

Reading List:
    Link
    Obviously the ultimate workout cloth is sweatpants, and a t-shirt. Anyone who deviates is wrong :LOL:.

Jojo775 likes this.
  5. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally, I’m a guy with an ok body. But when I workout. I wear tight clothes too. I do it mostly because I feel more comfortable in it. I must admit it’s a struggle when there are pretty girls around. But I always try to remain focused on what I’m doing at the moment. Which is usually exercising.

imK likes this.
  6. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you not want it?...
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The technique is to memorize it in a glance and savor it forever.. Only losers gawk and get caught.

I certainly don't mind it XD

7. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's like saying that women who wear loose/revealing/pretty clothes are asking to be raped and should wear burqas for the rest of their lives lest they have the audacity of tempting a man.

I honestly didn't expect to hear what my racist grandma used to say from a man's mouth here.

8. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is so true.

Girl's top must be tight enough so they don't slip.
    Loose short (like most men wear) are a big no for the same reason.
    Loose long pants are pretty uncomfortable when exercising. Even with loose long pants people are going to comment on the tight top anyway.

9. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not talking about top, sweat pants aren't revealing or chafing anything.

10. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    Preach!

[​IMG]

11. Llamadragon

Llamadragon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe they just don't like sweatpants? Is that not allowed?

I'm a sweatpants girl because of the comfyness but 1) they're thick cotton and they're warm, and 2) and much more impactful: they're socially scorned these days. So women basically have to choose between wearing revealing yoga pants and get oogled, or wearing slobby-looking sweatpants and get complained about. There's no winning. We're either sluts who deserves it or we're sloppy gross feminists who'll "never get a man dressed like that" (yes, I've been told that at gyms by people whose opinion I didn't ask for). So just get off our backs, do your reps, run your miles, and respect peoples boundaries.

12. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    You know there are non baggy sweatpants, even slim ones.... whatever.

13. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Tight clothing are easier to move in and more comfortable during rigorous movement than flapping fluttering loose clothing.
    While i don't believe that oggling them for what they wear is wrong i do think it is creepy.

I also don't like my butt and bulge to be publicly exposed but nothing else works. All my training and jogging pants ended up ripped at the crotch.

Frankly speaking that Might Guy from naruto actually speaking facts. It's just look terrible if you're not ripped.

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  14. YoriMei

YoriMei (ㆁᴗㆁ✿)

Reading List:
    Link
    If you wanna talk just sweatpants, then gym leggings are more conducive to wicking away sweat. Looser clothing isn’t good for constant motion, have you ever tried running 3 miles in sweatpants on a treadmill? The cloth bunches up at the base of your thighs, it’s uncomfortably warm , and more importantly, if your sweat pants are too loose and you raise your foot too high, your foot can get caught in the leg of your sweat pants and you fall and injury yourself.

Yeah, you CAN work out in sweat pants but that’s like asking why don’t you swim in pool in your t shirt and jeans instead of a bathing suit if you don’t wanna be ogled. Just because you can, doesn’t mean it’s designed for working out in. I could work out in 10 inch platform heels if I wanted to, but that doesn’t mean it’s designed to be workout gear or that I don’t increase the risk of hurting myself by tenfold.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    Cutter Masterson, imK and Llamadragon like this.
  15. Nefasdetestasti

Nefasdetestasti ❄️Wɪɴᴛᴇʀ's Sᴏɴɢ❄️ ||| [Schrödinger Pantsu]

Reading List:
    Link
    For more freedom of movements, exercise is not a joke and not being able to perfectly do the correct position or movement from an exercise will give you higher chance of injury..

Cutter Masterson and imK like this.
  16. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    lets not go to the fact that burquinas and hijabis still get raped and they hidin evthing even them ankles

Llamadragon and imK like this.
  17. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    Practicality and comfort my bro. Allows free range of movement, combats chafing and wicks away sweat. Gym time is me time so I don't really pay attention to what everyone's doing/wearing around me outside of safety anyway. I'm in the zone.

18. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    Oof. This is a very young people thread.

Instead of getting offended or defensive, let's try and be understanding of each other. It's only natural for young men to wonder such things. You young ladies don't need to explain yourselves, or even if you do, it's not as if it will explain anything.

*shakes head, sighs, and drinks a cup of drink* Young people these days, I swear.

Zeusomega likes this.
  19. Nefasdetestasti

Nefasdetestasti ❄️Wɪɴᴛᴇʀ's Sᴏɴɢ❄️ ||| [Schrödinger Pantsu]

Reading List:
    Link
    True, but it's better to educate someone asap, before some bad misunderstanding will crop up from his young mind.

20. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Ya all have bullshit reasons, freedom of movement and not chafing. Risk of injury LOL LOL. There is no such problem with sweatpants unless you're a gymnast or ballet dancer.
    I didn't say wearing tights is asking to be oggled but you damn well know you will be. I don't even want to oggle but it's quite distracting and while I can appreciate nice bodies, I don't wanna see someone weighing 100kg wearing thights, it's disgusting.
    Most men have no problem with sweatpants in any sport or exercise, except for the cycling creeps but let them have their 0.1% less wind resistance for recreation ROFL.

Sweat is normal and you'll sweat no matter which clothes you have. Are you going to exercise in a no brand supermarket clothes or are you going to show off your Nike overly expensive fancy gym clothes while staring at your phone in the gym.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021