Discussion About Bacon

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lucenda, Mar 20, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Lucenda

Lucenda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After grabbing a couple pieces of bacon and popping them into the oven with some toast, I noticed that they looked more like ham than a fatty piece of delicious goodness. I thought nothing of it at the time and said it probably had been too long since I had last some.

I was deceived, it wasn't fat greasy pig bacon but turkey bacon that had more meat than fat. At least I can eat more without worrying?

Here's an old question I haven't asked for a long time, how do you like your bacon? Fat and greasy or with actual meat in it? Do you eat it with toast? Rice? Perhaps even with some ice cream? And how often do you eat such a sinful treat?

What kind of bacon-themed products do you think should be shared with your fellow novel readers? I certainly hope it isn't gelato. :|

2. LNreader

LNreader Courting Death

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Owl1412

Owl1412 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I prefer pig bacon. Not a fan of a turkey. I love eating eggs+sausages+bacon+hash browns. Those tiny breakfast sandwiches are good too.

Lucenda likes this.
  4. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't like bacon with fatty parts just meat. I either go buy a pig and kill it or buy the body parts I want to eat. I like to make my own bacon either I bbq or smoke it.

Smoked is the best but it takes about 30min to smoke it.

If I am buying an entire pig I usually take the legs first and put them in the oven in low heat after giving them proper seasoning and leaving it in the oven for 24 hours it makes the best tasting ham. <----my neighbors usually ask me if they can buy some from me, the first time I made it in my backyard the whole block smelled like ham and few of my neighbors came asking if I was using a BBQ. I have an oven in my backyard mostly for Ham and making bread. I love fresh out of the oven bread.

Lucenda likes this.
  5. Lucenda

Lucenda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Must be fun yet exhausting to cook from the very basics? I only dabble in baking and cook simple meals, while you're straight up making your own bread and bacon for completely homemade sandwiches.
    Quite a full meal there. Ever tried having it alone or with unusual items?
    What if he zipped it back up with cartoon logic and gave it to a person? o3o

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
  6. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Reminds me of that quirky song

My stick is better than bacommmmhmhm!

[​IMG]

7. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    it's really worth it tho. the ham you buy at the store will never taste as good.

Making ham in the oven is not that much trouble you only have to turn it every few hours to let the meat cure properly.