Spoiler Angelic lady

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Bobaaaa, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Hashtag_16

Hashtag_16 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened to jayna's fiancée?

DOHere likes this.
  2. Kezi

Kezi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm debating whether or not I should take up the mantle and defend Abandoned Empress from all the people comparing it to this story and bashing it, or just leave the topic on topic.

That story is not even close to being my favorite of this genre, but the amount of times I see people who, by their own admission, never read it, or dropped it early, just destroying its reputation on any story that resembles it is ridiculous.
    So, two stories with political manipulations, godly intervention, brain washing, and mood altering drugs is told in different ways, but one's irrevocably trash because people who read no context spoilers said so?

3. evanesco99211

evanesco99211 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope. It's not because of the storytelling.

They might seem similar but remember this... Jayna's ex is a good guy who treats her well from the start in BOTH lives. His only mistake is in having massive bad luck. He is nothing but a fellow victim. AE's ML, on the hand, is a massive a**h*** even without the drug nor the manipulation. The only reason he changed for the better in the second life is when he no longer has a puppy he could freely step on without consequences. So if people call Ruve a trash, it's because the Ruve in their first life thoroughly deserved that title.

Before you asked, yes, I've finished reading Abandoned Empress (AE) from the start to finish. I like the story. I accept that if everyone holds grudges as I do, there will never be peace. Even so, that doesn't mean I can ever forget the existence of trash Ruve nor completely forgive the current Ruve. With Jayna's ex, there's nothing to be angry about except his misfortune. Hence, the different label and treatment.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    sslsdm, Yahyah, Li Gou Dan and 11 others like this.
  4. Kezi

Kezi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Completely understandable, I personally wouldn't forgive him, he wouldn't be my choice for ml, and I'd be concerned if anyone liked 1st timeline him. But I think the author does an excellent job of explaining why 2nd timeline Ruve stopped disliking Tia. It's not "I can't kick the puppy anymore", it's "Wow, this puppy who I always thought had everything handed to them on a silver platter while I worked hard just to justify my unwanted existence, actually works just as hard as I do, and struggles to achieve their goals just like me." Remember, Tia and Ruve were basically raised together until 5 yr old Tia told 10 yr old Ruve something (we never find out), and he stops visiting their house. During that time Ruve experiences a strict father that never praises him while openly adoring Tia, a mother that obviously didn't want him, Tia's mother who loves him but naturally loves her daughter more, and Tia's father who everyone (except Tia) knows loves his daughter more than anyone. All while Duke Jenna is secretly manipulating him into hating his father's allies and future wife. If that's not a breeding ground for sibling jealousy and hate, idk what is. Don't forget the poisoning.

Instead of comparing Ruve to Car, compare him to Angela. Imagine if Janna traveled back in time and met Angela before her mother's words and dad's abuse completely warped her mind. They could've been friends.

5. Bobaaaa

Bobaaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait why y’all hating her fiancé? He was clearly a victim in the first life, without the love potion he would have probably still loved Jayna as y’all can see in this present life :blobastonished:

6. Just_One_More_Chapter

Just_One_More_Chapter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hated him too until I read the spoilers now I just want to tear Angela a new one. Jayna’s unfortunate fiancé is just going around being head over heels for Jayna without even knowing why she’s pulling away from him. Even worse, she’s always going to have this very understandable trauma held against him and he won’t even know what he did to ruin his childhood love. Honestly I’ve never see a more unfortunate sub male lead

Yahyah, mia-chan, beazacha and 12 others like this.
  7. chlobunny

chlobunny New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    do you know where i can find the raw novel

8. chlobunny

chlobunny New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is there anywhere i can read the light novel?

9. snowest296

snowest296 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I only know that you can read the novel in Korean at Kakaopage.

10. Deleted member 321603

Deleted member 321603 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for spoilerss

11. Kezi

Kezi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone know what's going on with the webtoon's writing? It feels like the artist is now taking chunks of novel narration and shoving it in when the actions could easily be drawn. Is there some drama in the Korean fandom? It's the first time I've seen a novel adaptation change so wildly

12. mia-chan

mia-chan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    poor the fiance.. but his behavior under love potion in first timeline is really hurt tho.. even iam just a reader feeling hurt too

engengeng19 and evanesco99211 like this.
  13. Nuzlocke

Nuzlocke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After reading the spoilers, I'm glad I went here before getting invested lol

Stories with brainwashing as a central plot device are always trash.

Some people are just that ungrateful lol
    Abandoned Empress really isn't the same thing. For one it fully embraces the butterfly effect. Second, is the setting: She doesn't get the benefit of being able to avoid her trauma. Third, the story's better.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
    engengeng19, Gumiho and evanesco99211 like this.
  14. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    Hating the ogML is a tradition. Doesn't matter what he does in the current timeline. His past actions, warranted or not, will always be held against him. It really doesn't matter if the said ML changed. better to simp for the 2nd ML.

I can understand the comparison to AE, But now, it seems the toxicity about that title doesn't change. I hope we can turn it around to Angelic Lady coz there is a reason why that spoiler thread for that title was locked. Unelss y'all want the same mudslinging that happened to that thread. People come here for this title. Let's refocus and keep the attention to this story and characters.

Celebrianna, beazacha, Khadz and 3 others like this.
  15. moonlightsstar

moonlightsstar Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i've been wandering it while reading the manhwas, who's the real ML? is it his fiancee? or the blonde guy that he met at the park

16. Celly RIvers

Celly RIvers Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Jayna's male lead is First Prince Dan, the blondie one.

17. Scarlet015

Scarlet015 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how many things she does that ruins her reputation and leads to her downfall? Because she 100% deserves death since all of what she did was totally uncalled for. Basically blaming Jayna for her suffering, well newsflash girl jayna and her family did nothing to you and even brought you in and took care of you. I genuinely don’t understand why she had to go through such lengths to make jayna suffer

18. Minawr

Minawr New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The real antagonist are the empress and the Pope (his daughter)

19. peach.pudin

peach.pudin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You said all I wanted so say, that scum deserves no pity and I truly hope she gets the most painful an horrendous death to pay for all her sins.

20. Mirtafu

Mirtafu Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers :)