Spoiler Don't Call Me Sister

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Deleted member 329645

Deleted member 329645 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the guy in cover one. Sorry forgot his name. He show in chapter two i think. Correct me if i'm wrong :sushi_dead:

2. lazyflower

lazyflower Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the Merrick guy the ML? :cool:

kjpo34 likes this.
  3. kjpo34

kjpo34 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here for spoilers too what is the ML’s identity? It feels like he knows her?

Yes most likely. He’s in the description

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2021
    syofiaa likes this.
  4. zcorpio

zcorpio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ML is Merrick, the youngest prince of Syble Empire. From spoiler from Korean blog, it seems he fall in love MC at first sight? (it's not obvious in manhwa ch2 imo. :hmm:)
    (edit: Oh. or maybe that's not the first time they met. Idk :blobjoy:)

Peerly, Priar, Muskaan2004 and 38 others like this.
  5. Corunee

Corunee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    rairia17, syofiaa, killuu and 17 others like this.
  6. iactuallyfrhateithere

iactuallyfrhateithere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Will Cinderella keep being in MC's side or will she betray MC in the future? spoiler please

7. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish she didnt MC is watching her get abused and shit while living off of her money

Holy fuck isn't MC literally Maryjun but literally what people think she since shes knows about.the abuse going on and clearly cant pull the ignorance card.And shes from modern times. So no" that was the mindset back then"shes fine mooching of her(edit: shes not from modern times my mistake. Point still stands tho. She knows Cindy is a good person)

But i am sure people will critique the MC as they do too side characters in the same position

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    shiory, aboni_06, ErryChu and 8 others like this.
  8. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

It's funny you mention MJ and "I Swear I Won't Bother You Again" That's one novel, I wish I never started reading, or at least waited till it was done and had spoilers.

This novel I just don't want to go near. That family is already raising my blood pressure and there doesn't seem to be any good on the horizon.

9. InTheEther

InTheEther Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can we get some clarification on what people mean with the MC abusing Cinderella?

MC is annoyed by Cinderella’s nievete and general helplessness, but there’s no sign of her being malicious. She does try to look out for Cinderella at the ball and keep the creeps away from her.

MC doesn’t argue with her mom about taking Cinderella’s necklace, but that’s directly after it’s made clear that the MC doesn’t have any power to go against her mom until her birthday. She cut the conversation off before her mom could get worked up into doing something petty to Cinderella. And later she DOES get the necklace back for her, getting the other sis a similar necklace with a yellow gem so she wouldn’t make a fuss about the pink one. So basically she’s just working more subtly rather than butting heads with her mom directly when it probably wouldn’t do any good.
    If MC acts against stepsis in the future please tell me, as I’m just skimming the raws without being able to translate.

I kinda like that the MC isn’t a innocent, too good to be true heroine. She’s enjoying the fruits of her mom’s gold digging, she’s got something of a harsh personality whose easily irritated by people, and she’s a little shallow with her love of fine clothes and being nobility. But that doesn’t make her evil. She’s concerned for both sisters, and she’s fully aware that her mother isn’t a good person. It’s just that she seems to be focusing on subtly managing the woman and biding her time until she’s got the legal ability and power to go against her.

shiory, Lovina, Peerly and 41 others like this.
  10. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    She watched as her mother abused cinderlla whipe also stealing her inheritance

What to people on this forum like to say a about bystanders who watch abuse go down? Oh yea there even worse then the abusers. And she herself admitted ahe worked her (Cinderella) really hard while she enjoyed her money.

People have called for the death of characters whos were less of assholes then her. Difference is those were side characters and you wernt supposed to self insert

I'll change my opinion on her if she actually gives the inheritance back otherwise its another case of a terrible MCs who's supposed to be applauded cause shes the MC

And it's really tell g that after she got poisoned her first thing was "lol gotta find hubby" and didn't even defend cinderlla later

And I do think cinderlla was the one who gave her the poison apple (not that I can blame her)

To he fair the thing im pissed at most is double standards. If you asked me honestly I would say let's see what she does in the future cause duh shell change. I think id enjoyed stories more if I stopped reading comments

But then I see people praising her for doing the bare minimum while ripping characters from other novels for doing the same she was doing and it's just frustrating. Why is this benefit of doibt only extended to the MC

#EraseallMCs

Maybe I'd feel differently if cinderlla did dislike her. Then it could be a true redemption story. Bit it looks like cindy is bonked on the head and is a lapdog while the MC wont have to earn any forgiveness what so ever.

That's why im hoping for the first time ever the inncoent side character really is evil

minar, ErryChu, creatorfreak and 5 others like this.
  11. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This. I really hate these redemption for nothing stories. Jabotte is looking out for cinderella? I just can't fathom that. On the other hand Cinderella might as well be a poodle. "Gee I lost my inheritance, my title, status, /and I'm being worked like a servant in my own home but it's OK stepsis defends me every so often"

Laying my cards on the table I can't stand the original Cinderella and don't like any of the takes unless you can prefix Cinderella with evil,cunning,vicious, clever, ruthless or another adjective that implies she earned her HE. Otherwise the fairy god mother should be the POV character. She does all the work to make it happen. Cinderella might as well be one of those people that blow their money on lotteries.

Either way these novels are a torture if you can't binge

ErryChu, Creolenerd and theilikepie like this.
  12. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you watch cinderlla 3 a twist in time? Yeah I know straight to DVD sequels regarded as bad but that one was actually good and she legit did have to earn her happy ending

Ye I dont get cindys character in here either. Does she have a crush on her or something. Only way I can rationalize it is that shes a m. Otherwise...damn girl get a teensy bit self respect

ARTEMI5, ErryChu, mia-chan and 2 others like this.
  13. InTheEther

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello again, I was under the impression you’d gotten suspended.

Yes, MC fully admits that her mom is petty towards stepsis. Rather than standing by and doing nothing like you’re claiming, she’s doing what she can to mitigate things and manage her mother until the point where she can take full control of things. Looking at the images it seems like a lot of the plot is her trying to outmaneuver and wrest control from her mother to directly stop her from causing harm [to Cinderella out of pettiness] [to the other sis out of misguided social maneuvering] [to the servants, again can’t translate but it seems like the mom has been doing some kind of mismanagement of them from the imagery].

You keep saying MC “stole” Cinderella’s inheritance. That is not what the manga says. From the summary MC seems to view her stepdad fondly, and HE made the decision to “treat his daughters equally” and designated her as the next head of the family as the oldest. Now, the exact why’s of this decision aren’t too clear. Maybe the mom is just that good a lay. Maybe he genuinely viewed the two girls as as much his daughters as the blood related one. Maybe he knew the mom should be left in charge for as little time as possible and designated the MC as a matter of practicality and because he trusted her. We don’t know. But unlike what you’re implying we know that the MC DIDN’T pull any schemes or underhanded tricks to take the inheritance away. If you’re going to be mad about it going to the MC you should be cussing out the dad, maybe the mom if you use the theory that she manipulated him into doing it.
    Right now MC’s hands are kinda tied against her mom since she’s still legally a minor, and her mom will still have legal guardianship over the other two girls until they either get married or turn 20. So things aren’t that simple.

Her whole thing about ‘gotta find a hubby’ is because she’s aware that there’s no one to keep things together if she’s incapacitated. Her mom’s the one causing the issues, and her full sis seems to just go along with what mom says. And unfortunately Cinderella’s heart is in the right place, but is pretty meek and powerless. It’s a practical concern, not some petty whim of hers. Which is pretty clear in the manga.

Please review the translated pages as it seems you’re misremembering things. Which I’ve noticed seems to happen a lot with you.

Also, I think people are getting hung up on the Cinderella name. There is no indication in the manga that she’s being treating like a servant. the mom is 100% pulling some petty passive aggressive BS, but she’s still being treated as a young lady of the household and benefiting from her status as a noble lady. She’s being brought to all the balls, so no need for a fairy godmother. Again, the MC is actively working as a buffer, both to keep any society creeps from taking advantage of her, and to try and keep the mom’s petty actions to the minimum. (And personal interpretation, the mom 100% seems like the type of person to double down and do worse if MC were getting into direct confrontations with her)

shiory, Ravenz, anjfirefly and 37 others like this.
  14. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link

Bro what is this
    20210408_044721.jpg

And before you say "oh shes talking about social etiquette" this was in response to people talking about making her do the house work

Also the ball goers are supirsed that they bought cinderlla. This shows that no shes not going to parties usally of people are even surpsied she showed up. I know you wanna circlejerk the MC so bad but read slower wHiCh I nOtIcE sEeMs tO hApPeN aLoT wItH yOu
    20210408_050043.jpg

No need to "mIsReMeMbeR" stuff for your defense of the MC. Damn bruh . And cool ot with the passive agresivmess . Imagine being so confidently incorrect. Really embarrasing

And keep the same energy for the MC you do for other bystanders

The MC should do more to help.right? I mean its not like shes abused or anything

And about the inheriatace sure seems like she was happy using it while watching her get abused and not giving a shit till later. That's the big thing. The dad maybe the biggest asshole at all but she didnt even help her sister and conveniently goes "oh the hee I didnt even ask for it so its not my fault at all woe is me~~~"

I really cinderella throws them all out when she reaches legal age. But what can we say. MC sama can do no wrong at a and stepsis loves being abused and shitted on

Leeches all of em(okay maybe not throwing the MC shes trying and blood sis too since it seems shes just misguided but..)

Just saying if the MC wasnt the MC people would be calling her names and wanting her tortured and all

Also no one at me if yor gonna repeat the same arguments without soemthing new. Otherwise imma get banned from this thread too.

Tldr: its not really about wether the MC is a bad person or not for standing by its about prasing the MC for doing what other characters would be buried alive for (just look at the last thread I was banned from)

shiory, minar, ErryChu and 5 others like this.
  15. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I didnt even touch that one lol. Nice to know if I'm not there to shit up the thread others will do it instead.

A spoiler i have: she gets together with the ML

Fenrironcrac, ErryChu and Wapdyne like this.
  16. InTheEther

Reading List:
    Link
    So, just looking at the raws and what I can glean from there:

ML sneaks over to her house in the night and they have a long conversation. And they start knocking boots on the regular. Honestly, their relationship is pretty adorable as they’re often shown cuddling.

It seems like he helps her out in reaching out to noble ladies she admires. She, mom, and Cinderella go to some tea party where it looks like she makes headway into fostering friendships.

A woman with glasses appears on the scene, seems the same age as the mom. I think she is there to teach MC how to manage the household and estate in preparation for taking over on her majority.

The betrothal of Wishfold is going forward. She remains besotted, but it seems like he showing signs of being less than sincere, and as such the MC remains concerned.
    Sparkly blond with a bob cut is there at the engagement party (?) and seems to show interest in Cinderella. And when he starts talking to MC the ML full on slides down a drape from the 2nd floor balcony to get between then and warn the dude off. Right now I’m thinking sparkly blond is one of the princes.

Next chap MC uses some reverse psychology or something to convince Wishfold to wear a yellow gem necklace, rather than Cinderella’s mother’s. She palms that one and brings it back to Cinderella.

MC and glasses woman go out and talk to some laborers and we finally get a full confrontation between MC and her mom. There’s a lot of reaction shots of the mom through all these chapters showing that she’s displeased whenever MC does anything to forge some independence or strengthen her foundation. After the fight it seems like she basically instructs the servants that “you listen to me, not her” which makes her mother furious. As I’ve said before, a lot of the story seems to be centered around MC beckoning a good family head and wresting control of things away from her mother.

She is invited/summoned to speak to sparkly blond and the dude is 100% enamored with her. Despite barely sharing 3 sentences. (I skipped over a few shots of him sitting ominously in the dark swirling his wine previous to this). Actually there’s something screwy here as there’s a flashback cut of him as a child ‘falling in love’ with an older woman with silver hair, so maybe he met her mom and he’s confused? It seems based purely on her resemblance to the woman he met before. She firmly shuts him down, though he doesn’t want to take no for an answer.

After they come back (ML picks her up from the meeting) it seems like Wishfold may have a new beau. The mom is scowling and clearly resentful that MC’s taken away some of her power. All the girls go to what looks like a house party and once again the MC is nagging them a bit and making sure they’re only dancing with guys she thinks are trustworthy.

That’s it through chapter 13 of the manga.

syofiaa, Neyva, Felurian and 23 others like this.
  17. elizabeth.

elizabeth. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually it turns out that the prince's grandmother told him that zabot was a perfect match for him when he was a kid making him think that they're meant to be together . The reason why the grandmother noticed zabot was because of her mother. She had something to do with it.
    So she visited the prince because she wanted to get all of them A level invitation to the ball because only she got one and her sister's invitation is a lower lvl than hers and cindrella's even lower. But that guy said he don't have the power to . And something like she's meaning to be with him and the childhood story about his grandmother telling him of her. Then she said she has a fiancee. He was all like I will not give up on you. And he said only the queen has right to give A lvl invitation now or invitations left to give. So the queen is having a tea party or ball or something like that so to impress her she made her sisters study and took them to practice with Merrick and his nephew. Btw something's going on btw the nephew and Cinderella... First time they danced she was all blushing but the nephew told everyone he's a duke during dinner then a few days later or perhaps the next day she was all cold and talking only in aristocratic etiquette and that day when they were practicing she slapped him. Idk what going on between them but this is all that I know for now.

Aside from that there was a talk between Merrick's nephew and mc . Like the kinda take a family member will give to a girlfriend/boyfriend. We also get to know ML's past that he was forced to enter the Gladiator (fighting arena) and fight a nephew of his and ending up accidently killing him. This became a huge scar for the ML.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    shiory, syofiaa, Maikh and 25 others like this.
  18. kaila83

kaila83 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this novel relatively new?

ErryChu likes this.