Looking for someone to port a eBook into a DOC/PDF/TXT file

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by Burai1992, Feb 2, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    that is probably not the best selling point considering the attitudes towards the similar "CHINA NO.1 BEST RULER IN WORLD" schtick present in so many CN novels.

It's probably a best seller in Korea because it satisfies their side of the angry tri-sided clusterfuck that is KR-CN-JP relations. I'm not sure it'd be very receptive outside it, like the above poster says.

runsing, qpzmal and Ral like this.
  2. Burai1992

Burai1992 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    >that is probably not the best selling point

Well, what is the best selling post for the Korean novel I wanted translated when pitching it to a novel translation group, a Alternate History Novel? (Mainly because of the setting (an Alternate Timeline where An Jung-geun failed to assassinate Ito Hirobumi which lead to the Japanese Empire never becoming an Axis Power in WWII, America committing a nuclear genocide on Nazi Germany instead of Japan (Thanks to the Pacific War never happening) (Which lead to Germany never being spilt in half by the U.K. and Soviet Russia, as well as the Berlin Wall never being built), half of China getting spilt in half ever since the Cold War instead of Korea (With North China becoming Communist China (Capital: Beijing), South China becoming Nationalist China (Capital: Nanjing), and Manchuria becoming independent from China), any chances of the Belgian Empire, the British Empire, the Dutch Empire, the French Empire, the Japanese Empire, the Portuguese Empire, America, and Spain's respective colonies ever becoming independent officially being completely far past fucked (Thanks to the Pacific War never happening), and all of Korea's Post-WWII achievements getting completely robbed by the Japanese Empire))

3. xiazixin

xiazixin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This dose not make sense. Comunist China is actually based in the South...
    Comunist China based in Shanghai. Which belong to southern China.
    And Manchu or Jurchen should be based in Beijing. Koreans need to learn more about China in 1900s.

4. xiazixin

xiazixin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, tomclancy's The Hunt for Red October is popular in China dispite been a American properganda like all tomclancy's work. It's literally one of top selling work in China. I think it's originally translated in the 1080s before the cold-war ended.

I don't think you can get cracked on piracy if you don't use the original title or picture.

5. Ral

Ral Not a Well-Known Member ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure if you're trying to say here that I'm wrong on right. Either way comparing an 80s+ book series that had successful films made with some random Korean "bestseller", is not the way to convince me I'm wrong. There's plenty of successful American shit on the international stage, but I don't think the same can be said about about Asian novels. Personally, I can't think of any. Then again, I don't live in US, so I might be wrong - perhaps some titles get really popular there, but still not enough to be popular where I live.
    Well, KR translations get the most DMCA takedown notices and there was quite a bit being talked about major companies teaming up to deal with piracy, a few months back. As I don't really follow KR content, I haven't really kept up with the news though.

6. Burai1992

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, Communist China is based in the North in this 2-part novel: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Pimyŏngŭl_ch'achasŏ.jpg

>Well can you point me to a Korean Novel Translation group that won't get a DMCA takedown notice?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2021
  7. phobos

phobos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    look for the smallest,slowest, worst quality group and your chances might be pretty good
    the better/more successfull the group the higher the chances actions against it might be taken

8. Euphues

Euphues Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Burai1992
    If its been two years and since you have access to the internet the fastest and surest way is to just learn Korean.
    Just google, "learn Korean for free" and you will find dozen of sites to learn it, or even visit your local library.

Here are some links
    https://www.fluentin3months.com/free-online-korean-language-lessons/
    https://www.howtostudykorean.com/

Then you just have to get the 13 dollars or so and read away. If the 13 dollars is an impossible amount. perhaps consider a reassessment of your daily expenses.

But once you learn Korean, you can probably work as a translator, and the earnings from that could be your ticket to getting that book.

So long story short, all your problems can be solved by learning Korean.

9. Burai1992

Reading List:
    Link
    >look for the smallest,slowest, worst quality group and your chances might be pretty good

BRUH, I'm looking for a high-quality Novel Translation Group who will be brave enough to survive a DMCA takedown. In other words "The Wild West of Novel Translation Groups".

10. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Stupid question, but have you dropped a post in the novel pickup request forum on NUF?

11. Burai1992

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think it would be against the rules of that subforum to post a new thread since it's been a couple years since your last request.

If that doesn't work, you can reach out directly to translation groups.

If that doesn't work, your best option might be to learn Korean and read it without getting it translated.

In any case, best of luck. I won't be posting anymore replies here. I think this thread has run its course.

runsing likes this.
  13. Burai1992

Reading List:
    Link
    >If that doesn't work, you can reach out directly to translation groups.

How does that one work exactly?

14. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Find translation groups who translate Korean novels through novelupdates. Most groups have a Discord or email where you can reach out to them. Just start emailing or messaging those groups on Discord to see if any of them would be interested in translating the books for you. No guarantee that any of the groups will be interested, but it shouldn't take more than a few minutes to check in with each translation group.

15. Jimcarson

Jimcarson New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What's so special about the book? Just curious.

16. Burai1992

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a Alternate History Novel that takes place in an Alternate Timeline where An Jung-geun failed to assassinate Ito Hirobumi which lead to the Japanese Empire never becoming an Axis Power in WWII (Also, apparently in this Alternate Timeline, WWII took place from AD 1942 to AD 1947 instead of AD 1939 to AD 1945), America committing a nuclear genocide on Nazi Germany instead of Japan (Thanks to the Pacific War never happening) (Which lead to Germany never being spilt in half by the U.K. and Soviet Russia, as well as the Berlin Wall never being built), half of China getting spilt in half ever since the Cold War instead of Korea (With North China becoming Communist China (Capital: Beijing), South China becoming Nationalist China (Capital: Nanjing), and Manchuria becoming independent from China), any chances of the Belgian Empire, the British Empire, the Dutch Empire, the French Empire, the Japanese Empire, the Portuguese Empire, America, and Spain's respective colonies ever becoming independent officially being completely far past fucked (Thanks to the Pacific War never happening), and all of Korea's Post-WWII achievements getting completely robbed by the Japanese Empire.

17. OverlyUnfriendly

OverlyUnfriendly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like a Korean nationalism wankfest.:blobsleeping: