Discussion Keyboard Immortal Forced Plot

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Emissary Nouvelle, Mar 23, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Emissary Nouvelle

Emissary Nouvelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was a cool premise at first but the author is forcing the plot with female lead. It also doesn't match up with the mc's scoundrel personality to be so attached to her for no reason at all. While The female lead did help him a few times he was suffering due to her in the first place. If we use similar characters with the same personality as him then they would act in a completely different manner. I ignored it for the comedy but it's happening too much now.

I like the fact that he deals with the system the best way I've seen without instant powers up. From his writing you can tell he's a qualified author that can be published in actual physical books instead of just online like some so while I praise his writing proficiency, the way he handles the personality of the mc and the forced plot isn't to my taste. What do you guys think, am I nitpicking or is it too forced considering he's supposed to be 'shameless'.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2021
  2. Lord Sith Lego

Lord Sith Lego Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do hate it when horrible FL still get love but apparently most MCs can't resist the beauties as their personalities don't matter to the Chinese.

3. Thousandswords

Thousandswords SWORD OF PENETRATION

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree. I especially don't get the senseless prejudice the mother-in-law has towards the mc.

4. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Jewish" mother in laws are a thing in real life too. Some people just simply have their nose stuck that high in the clouds. The "I've been hurt/poisoned, let's screw" shtick is too much though, wuxia writers need to dial that stupidity down by about 11 or so but that's a flaw of the industry, not just this book. The only real thing outstanding is the deliberate trolling needed to advance but some of the "unneeded" ones also does the trolling pretty well without forcing it, like Library of Heaven's Path, so IMO, KI is just generic average. Which is a lot better than the sub-par majority out there.

5. pastlover

pastlover Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    against the gods really influenced this novel. Since most of the love partners in ATG is forced, the author may took some inspiration from there.

6. Thousandswords

Thousandswords SWORD OF PENETRATION

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's face it people...most Web novels we see these days have generic cliché plots and plot holes

7. scribbledoutname

scribbledoutname Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do agree that it's a bit forced, but it's not too bad. The one I can't stand is Snow.