LCD My Civil Servant Life Reborn in the Strange World

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Parth37955, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/my-civil-servant-life-reborn-in-the-strange-world/

He was on his way to buy some beer to celebrate his acceptance as a civil servant when he was suddenly banged down and isekai’d by truck-kun.

Reincarnated as Denburg Blade, the son of a legendary battle race chief, he caught demons at 8 years old and a dragon at 12 years old. Subjected to the spartan-style training of his muscular monster of a father, he lived an inhuman daily life.

“I must leave this place that is far from peaceful!”

Safety is the best! So he chose to be a civil servant of the empire!

Can Denburg really become a civil servant and live the peaceful and stable life he wished for?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone else think the mc is crazy? Like his thought process is nonexistent. I am hoping that he fails and ends up the top scorer just to screw with him. Things are too easy for him.

2. Twilight Fox

Twilight Fox 【Foxy】【Ayayayay!】

Reading List:
    Link
    Wants to be a Civil Servant but also trained to be a legendary monster slayer....hmmmm. Kings Personal Bodyguard? Maybe he could be the head of the city watch? Those are all TECHNICALLY roles as a Civil Servant right?

AMissingLinguist and compass96 like this.
  3. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    the ultimate civil servant is the king, no? marry the princess, inherit the throne, etc etc. probably the route the novel will take tbh

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  4. Twilight Fox

Twilight Fox 【Foxy】【Ayayayay!】

Reading List:
    Link
    Ehhh I mean a monarch doesn’t sound like a civil servant...Although yeah, if it’s one of THOSE novels, then yeah that’s probably how it will go.

5. compass96

compass96 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The annoying thing about these novels is that the premise is usually interesting but they are never interested in exploring the characters or world so it ends up being op, masturbatory bs.

Neyva, AMissingLinguist and Magnus183 like this.
  6. jad14661

jad14661 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    im not much of a fan of the mc and his twisted thought process but i do enjoy the roleplaying action and the little bit of romance with the princess

7. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch-19: He got a hold of cash too easily. :blobtongue:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  8. Deleted member 164538

Deleted member 164538 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree that in ch 19 the money he got a hold of was too easy, but then again platinum coins are just that valuable (according to that world). Plus it's revealed a bit after that chapter (this chapter is also free so there's no paywall for this) why they agreed more easily.

Either way, I kind of like how light hearted it's starting out, the absolute mad shit he's pulling as a thief which is probably similar to what his father did when he went out exploring in the empire (minus the actual destruction), the friends troupe is kind of meh and I'm at least glad it doesn't seem like a harem so far (don't hate them but just want a change up from SCOG), and the princess troupe is just kind of common.

I am more biased towards the end that he becomes the village chief because it seems better to me rather than being king of the empire (Leader of Simple Superhumans>>>>>People of the empire).

9. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch-42:
    I find it unbelievable that the Crow Tribe doesn't have any outside currency smaller than platinum coins. It was already unusual that Den wasn't aware of Empire currencies, which one would expect to be taught as basic education. Even if the villagers didn't use hard currency among themselves, they do interact regularly with the Empire.

Plus, where did they even get platinum coins if these are so rare in the Empire? Do they make the platinum coins themselves because they have access to their own platinum mines? If so, wouldn't they also have gold, iron, and copper mines which are generally more common? If they could make their own platinum coins, then they could easily make the others.

Marane101 and compass96 like this.
  10. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I remember that the coins were used to trade for the monster bones and demon corpses the crow tribe would kill. Though, yeh the cost inflation is ridiculous. Why use platinum coins that are effectively worthless due to their massive value? It's like walking around with a trillion dollar bill. It can't be used.

11. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    The Crow Tribe's business can't be all exports where each trade is worth at least a platinum coin plus whatever supply of staples the village needs. If so, then the Empire merchants must be taking advantage of the Crow Tribe by foisting effectively worthless platinum coins on them. Worthless because they can't be used in normal transactions.

Plus if what we've seen so far is indicative of what happens if you force the use of a platinum coin, you never actually get its true value out of one in return. The other party always rounds off the exchange with random stuff which are valued with their sticker prices instead of negotiated prices if handled individually.

12. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't really make a guess here since we don't know that politics in play, but it's either that or it's a plot hole. the next step down in terms of currency would be a lot easier to use even if you'd have to use more of it

13. Deleted member 164538

Deleted member 164538 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm leaning towards it being a plot hole (author probably was like platinum worth the most so they only use platinum since they sell demon corpses, etc.), but the angle where the Crow tribe is being taken slightly advantage of by giving them platinum coins in exchange for materials also makes a lot of sense because a battle tribe wouldn't really care that much about money. Tbh what would money do for a village of battle maniacs.

Because typically, if an average Crow Tribe member in physical strength is already better than some of their elite knights (it was said MC's sister is one of the weakest in strength as an adult but could still go against them says a lot about their avg.) then they would be paid a lot anyways since they could easily become a part of Bloody's Elite Knights and get a nobility/money.

But what's the point in money if none of them ever leave except for making large trades for foods/some basic materials. I re-read this today since I'm liking the story (plus I paid the $20 for the Adv chapters) and from the non-advanced chapters, all the weapons made outside of the Crow Tribe are pretty shit compared to theirs, the food is stable, and everyone in that village are pretty much battle maniacs minus a few so they're pretty happy fighting the monsters, demons, and dragons of the Olympus Forest.

Main Items a Crow Tribe Warrior would need:
    -Sword/Spear (interchangeable or omitted if they don't use weapons)
    -Shield
    -Armor
    -Bow
    -Arrows
    -Provisions
    -Camping Gear
    -Clothing

Aside from the bottom 3, you don't need much from the Empire because all their craftsman make much better stuff, plus in exchange for good weapons you could give them some of the best materials that usually can't be bought with money (dragon scales, demon corpses, etc.) so the platinum coin becomes even more worthless. I guess in this place it's easier with a direct trade of what you want instead of money. But for other logistics yeah it could get expensive for miscellaneous materials not used in battle, but I'm taking a guess that they don't trade often so even if they used gold or silver. They wouldn't use it as often anyways so they probably were like "just give me the money that will take up the least amount of space".

That's what I'm guessing anyways from what I've read if I were to build upon what was already discussed.

14. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    makes sense. especially since the coins have no internal use. the only thing I can see them being used for is dealing with the kingdom.

15. compass96

compass96 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm enjoying this conversation on curency. It is true though that the use of platinum coins which are too valuable to be useful calls into question the usefulness of the trade. Like if their tribe's stuff is so good and they already have the best materials, why do they need to trade? The platinum coins are already useless to them so why are they giving the empire items that they would use to craft even better weapons. The money is useless, their items are better and they can make better use of the raw materials. Why are they trading with the empire? And if trade will happen why not with non-battle related items like jewelry or food?
    I guess I'm still really confused about the platinum coins. Why are they there?

16. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe the platinum coins don't come from trade but rather is payment from the kingdom for hunting the demon population? The trader that the mc's sister visited to convert the platinum coins supposedly deals with their tribe often shouldn't have been so shocked about it.

It's kind of sad that I'm more interested in the platinum coin mystery than anything I've read so far in this novel... Like wtf is the plot? We're almost 10% of the way through the novel and we still have no clue what's going on?

Neyva and compass96 like this.
  17. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    There's plot?

raiha88 likes this.
  18. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    Doesn't seem like it. Unless it's somehow involves whatever threat is at the border? The MC is literally just fucking around wasting time. He didn't even need the answers to the test because the test is so easy according to him

compass96 likes this.
  19. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess this is a slice of life story.

20. Qwerty1123581321

Qwerty1123581321 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even though the crow tribe is called the village, they have not described it, so most probably the village is more luxurious than the imperial Palace and without restrictions
    Because crow tribe people are strong, they have trouble getting along with the normal people, like how the fairs captain accidentally almost killed that merchant
    Even the mc couldn't make a fake noble medal because, how fragile the orc bone was
    Since the villages can aquire everything, they Connor bother to travel much (only the village head and his family have a reason to stay, but others do travel if interested, that's why the current chief is considered a walking disaster