Spoiler Inso's Law

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by twistingfeelings, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Haylaam12

Haylaam12 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your hemşerin is wondering if someone will understand your translation aside from me but thanks for translation (y):sneaky:

mik_ha_il likes this.
  2. baiichi

baiichi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The only time I ever truly feel frustrated with Dani is over her dealing with romance. Volume 10 onwards pick up steams again.

But let's go back. Think clearly, as a 16 year old girl, what can she do with the situation she is forced to deal with?
    Remember, Dani is very much a commoner. Ruda is a trained assassin. Jiho and Cheonyoung are chaebols. Jooin has connections. Both Yeoryeong and Dani hardly ever manage to deal with serious situations on their own. Yeoryeong has a bit more upper-hand thanks to her physical strength but she is still scared during the kidnapping.

-> Dealing with traveling back and forth: She has searched the word "webnovel" online. It doesn't show up on the search result. As she's stuck in the real world for a very short time, she cannot search for the novel. It is only until volume 8 that she managed to go back long enough to binge it. When it comes to issues related to this, she figured it out herself because even No Ari doesn't know that Ham Dani happens to be an actual person being isekai'd, she assumed that one of her characters acted out.

-> Hwang Siwoo situation: She didn't ask for revenge. The others act on their own and didn't tell her. Even then, it didn't end the ranking system. It is Dani who reached out to Ban Hwi Hyul in volume 9 and ended up having to directly involve with the system that it did end the whole situation once and for all. Dani, who used to find all of this absolutely ridiculous, was willing to give someone her hands who she isn't close to for the first time.

-> Anti-cafe: The fact that Joo In has to ask his cousin to HACK Naver, which is the largest corp in Korea to get info shows that Dani literally can't do anything about this situation on her own. Dani was a victim of bullying herself but the first person she thought about is Yeoryeong, showing just how caring of a person she is to her closest friends. But because she cares too much that she felt she was burdening her friends with her problems. That's why she ran away. Her running away later on is because she started to care too much and was reasonably unsure about how predestined this world is.

Dani's inability to speak up for herself in this particular case is very much easily understandable to me. She already avoided telling people how close she is to the 4HKs and Yeoryeong so she has no alibi. Even if she does tell people, Dani was so utterly average that people even doubt why they let her in their circle. This is so detriment to her self-esteem. She can try to get over what others say but no doubt, others' words have influence on her. People have already deemed her "guilty before proven innocence". Her classmates have no power since they can't prove otherwise as well. These kids are from a high-achieving school, rumors get out much easier and more wide spread than your run of a mill school. While corporal punishment is already banned in Korea, there's no measures for teachers to deal with students in other ways and there's even less measures from this particular type of school. The nature of this world is built upon the real world. What exists in the real world exists in this world, including all the difficulties dealing with a bullying case like Dani's.

I mean, these things are pretty realistic imo since someone from my high school went through an even worse situation and she can't defend herself nor have any proofs for the longest time because the "Yeoryeong" in that situation was already dead. She got dragged through hell for what, 5-6 years already?

-> Kidnapping. It's kidnapping. You can see how much power Yuri has over Dani because of how rich she is. The only thing that's stopping her is people who have way more power than she is.

Why do 3 (tbf 4) guys like her? It's like they said, both Cheonyoung and Ruda like her because she doesn't expect something from them while Jiho is very much a slower process, he absolutely hated the detached looks she had but he started to notice her cuteness amongst her flaws lmao. Even he admitted that it's so irrational but he can't get rid of this feeling. It's actually against the narrative to put a logical reason why Jiho likes Dani so much lol. Her relationship with Yeodan is pretty much a plot device as it shows the pitfall of going into a relationship because you don't think you can do any better.

Anyway, Dani is very much a comforting figure in the group. She is never really good dealing with her own troubles but she was always there for her friends. When Yeoryeong doubts herself, Dani picks her up. Same with Jooin. Dani is just as much as an emotional rock to her friends as them to her. Her relationship with Yeoryeong is even more complex than that. Volume 10 and Haegarim show just how big of an influence "Dani" is to Yeoryeong. Yeoryeong won't be the same person without her. Anyhow, as with any groups of friends, there are things she cannot tell her friends individually without having to deal with all of them. As I already said, Dani ran away out of her own worries for her friends and not because she doesn't care about them.

When Dani started dating Yeodan, she got even more confused since they reacted so strongly and negatively. Eunhyung's no.1 priority is Cheonyoung and Jooin actually cares about Jiho more than he lets on and they go way back. Even if it's not an actual fight, it did feel like it was and she felt that she ended up having no one on her side (except Yeoryeong but the whole point was to not let her know anyway). It's frustrating but it's very much understandable.

The whole underlying metaphor of "Laws of Webnovels" is the presumed inevitability of this world and the distance between Dani and her friends. If she's still counting those laws seriously, it means she's not seeing her friends as real people.
    When people say that she should realise she's the main character by now, they are missing the whole narrative. Every time a situation becomes frustrating goes back to this problem. Later on the series, we will get a different problem in the equation lol. But they are not there just for the fun of it.

I don't think it loses its track, probably loses its steam since 1 to 6 was excellent but Dani is just going on her journey even if sometimes she's on her own. I only particularly don't like volume 9 because Ban Hwi Hyul arc is just not interesting even when I get it.

Suzune, zozoshawky, forevxo and 10 others like this.
  3. Veille

Veille Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Imagine being in Dan ih's situation must be really hard. :blobmelt: You can't really do what you want especially you're in a different world and someday your existence will just disappear and even your friends will forget about you. You're the only one who's stuck with the memories and feelings.

Especially, everything is so unrealistic. I think the author might be having a hard time while developing or controlling Dan ih's character because it's more on being a realistic side of personality she wants for Dan ih.

Dan ih was introduced as a student who reads novels. She is just a student but thankfully she is aware of the situation she's in. She might be emotionless, gloomy or what but I think that's her way to protect herself. She just doesn't want to expect much.

And also dan ih has her self problems.

I know it's kinda frustrating but it's understandable. It's hard also for Dan ih to fall in love because she knew it would hurt her really really bad.

I mean who wouldn't tho? :blobwoah:

zozoshawky, KizunaAi and Mikaa like this.
  4. bicubicu

bicubicu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think its essential for Dani to be relatively mediocre because the society they're in is so meritocratic that it becomes suffocating, paralleling the real world setting (SKorea and its intense education system). But with fictional people reaching the high standards pretty frequently. The first thought is always going to be "but Dani isn't anything special so why do guys fall for her?" I like the fact that Jiho's arc goes into this because he's so logical that it's in his nature to ask something like that. Imho, Jiho holds these high standards due to his upbringing that when Dani comes in to the picture, he first saw her shortcomings. She wasn't special (unlike Yeoryeong or 4hk) and she had to work extra hard (which Jiho could relate to). Despite that, Dani still stayed friends with them despite constantly being compared. Because they were with her so much Jiho saw her redeeming qualities and it seems to guide Jiho to see people beyond being just stats and qualifications. Chunyoung and Ruda seem like they're a little similar. I thought this may be because Dani could see things from an outsider's perspective due to her detaching from the situation, and as a result she doesn't get easily emotionally invested in the glitters of the webnovel world.

As for Dani, shes a very grounded person. I take her personality as a timid introvert who is hardworking (she returns to her world for a while and in there her reputation in the cram school seems to be a bit above average). What I mean by grounded is that she is down-to-earth person. She's raised in a middle class family in a school full of chaebols, and she has parents that constantly pressure her and compare her. Yet she had defended Yeoryeong and became her only real friend when other classmates didn't, mostly due to webnovel setting where everyone is jealous of YR. She also didn't fawn over the webnovel things like the 4hk good looks (which the other characters seem so hung up about that Jiho felt like their gazes were similar to those of onlookers in a zoo). I think this earned respect and them feeling like Dan-I treated them like human beings and did not patronize them, which is actually an extension of Dan-I's much deeper issue of detaching from them emotionally thinking they're just fictional characters. Dani may not have any standout quirkiness to have a personality but she feels like a real person with how she reacts, especially her negative reactions. (Detaching from situations to avoid being hurt, avoiding falling for 4hk because she thinks they're gonna fall for Yeoryeong and that will make it hard for her to stay with Yeoryeong, acknowledging how she's jealous of Yeoryeong, etc)

These are concerns that may deemed petty by some readers because these don't often pop up due to a lot of FLs being exceptional in a lot of things they do, like having exceptional beauty or intelligence or whatever. Dani is a truly mediocre character that has very human reactions that are not objectively appealing. And yet we her loved by objectively "superior" people. I feel that the narrative was completely aware of this reaction and the novel was written in such a way to point out how merit and "special" traits can determine our view of how someone could deserve love and success.

5. baiichi

Reading List:
    Link
    @bicubicu well said :aww: The narrative is so dead set on pointing out the fallacy of meritocracy, within the main story and even more so in the ending of Haegarim.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    bicubicu likes this.
  6. yoyo098

yoyo098 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know what chapter in the web novel The red haired guy first confesses to ban yeorang

7. Ayo

Ayo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, can give me spoiler about the students who insulted Dani in the last chapters in the Manhaw (chapter 98 last chapter I read) what happened are no one going to apologise for real ? Those S**Ty people

8. baiichi

Reading List:
    Link
    No one will apologise.

9. unicorn7

unicorn7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does ham dan comes to the real world in the end

10. jednjs627

jednjs627 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no!! she doesn’t return but stay with them, also many people have already answer/question that. Please stop questioning things that were already answered

unicorn7 likes this.
  11. unicorn7

unicorn7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am so sorry I was a bit lazy to check :sweating_profusely: sorry for bothering :blobsweat:

12. jednjs627

jednjs627 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No no no you shouldn’t apologize I should apologize since that was rude sorry, but the reason why I said that is because many people keeps on asking the same questions which were already answered

manvugu and unicorn7 like this.
  13. janncattu

janncattu New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can someone tell me if Dani's friends will forget her? or will they end up remembering her? spoil away pls

mangalover_101 likes this.
  14. Insomniationism

Insomniationism New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait really? I mean, what?? I thought she will be with blue haired ML? (Sorry, I consider all of them ML)

15. aadawne17

aadawne17 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I couldn't stop crying while reading that novel. It was a little confusing at first, but gradually grew more and more frustrating to me bcs it's slightly unexpected ending. It really is an Angst & real dark novel that worth reading.

from the spoilers I read from page 1 to the last:
    In the original timeline, because of an incident YCY was dying while saving Dani. To save YCY, Dani meets the author (No Ari) and asks her to delete Dani from the story. Then Dani returned to that world (2nd timeline) and tried to befriend them again from the start. This means that when they meet again, all the characters in BYR's story forget about Dani's existence. And you could say the male characters fell in love with YR and at first they were also suspicious of Dani. but if I'm not mistaken YCY fell in love with Dani again even though in the end he was just a friend.
    Dani's classmates, such as the twins, Luda and others still know and remember Dani because they are a character in a different story to BYR. If I'm not mistaken, EJH is the first to or maybe the only one who remember Dani. At the end of the story they became lovers.
    BYR (Purple) x KEH (Red)
    WJI (brown) x NAR (author).

Just like the main ending, the only difference is when Dani tells about "6 years you don't remember and March 2nd incident" to BYY and the boys on the rooftop, Only EJH can remember Dani, but he chooses to back off and lie if he doesn't remember anything. Until the end of the story, Dani with YCY became lovers.

Full synopsis at the link on page 1.

For me YCY is the type of guy who is very slow to move in matters of feelings. He does look comfortable and very close to Dani, but in my opinion, their relationship is difficult to move forward. Bcs when there is a problem, they both always avoid talking and discussing it until it's settled. So if both of them are the same type of person, even if they feel like they are clicked with each other, the process will be too long...until one of them tries to move..
    As for EJH, he seems to always think about Dani. Even though they often mock each other and Dani is not aware of his feeling and sometimes considers the praise / love words EJH said to her just a joke. From the start Dani always thought that she was in the story of a novel where all the characters were not real. She is afraid to admit her feelings, and always thinks that it is impossible for those of the Main Character to really sincerely fall in love with a supporting character like her especially bcs of the "law in the novel".
    About BYR and KEH, somehow from the beginning of the story I could guess that they would be together. Because there is no romantic scene between KEH and Dani. It's like from the start KEH only seeing BYR in his eyes.
    WJI and Luda, for me from the start there was no hope for more than a friend with Dani..
    a little unexpected between Dani and BYD's relationship. In Manhwa there is a scene where they look close, but I didn't expect that they would date each other even though at first it was just pretending.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2021
  16. bored leo

bored leo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello just fin. inso law manhwa, just want to ask these
    • Did MC returned to her world? if she ever did, Did the four knights plus bestfriend see MC again?
    • Who did MC end up to? The red hair? the black hair? or the silver one? (can't remember names os tell me which hair color he has)
    • what kind of ending it had? this mc go back? did she tell those pisp that they are Web novel character? how was the reaction? if she didnt, then what happened?
    Thank you for answering, I tried to look to forums about the spoilers I want but the thread was too messy and I cant remember their names so I cany understand what they are talking about.

Mikaa likes this.
  17. Glass Shard

Glass Shard 【Fʅσσϝ Hυɳƚҽɾ】【Cαƚ Lσʋҽɾ】【⚓️】

Reading List:
    Link
  18. baiichi

Reading List:
    Link
    Main story ending: There's no mention of the 4 guys fell in love with YR first. The world doesn't go back to running according to Haegarim plot, it tries to maintain itself as much of a resemblance as the world previously.
    You're right about the rest except Dani decided to go out with Jiho before he got his memory back. I can't stress that enough.

No, the alt ending is definitely very different to the original ending. It includes like 20 chapters that diverge from chapter 512 on KKP.

How they remember Dani is completely different from how Jiho in the main story gained his memory back. They went back to the haunted school and went to each room that represented a dreamscape that plays out like a movie. Jiho lied about "watching the movie" only until the beginning of high school because Dani suggested that it would be too painful for him. He actually watched and regained everything but decided to lie out of love and being unable to forgive himself for hurting her. He fears that if this happens again, Dani would continuously be hurt by him so he would rather her believe that he is someone who changes according to circumstances and her to be with someone else who never changes.

A lot of the early spoilers are like very out of context and oversimplified ngl.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  19. Izubaru

Izubaru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dam this webtoon has a lot of otome game potential.

Mikaa likes this.
  20. maxi.tempest.

maxi.tempest. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! It was hard to find spoilers about the relationship of jooin and dani here. Could someone tell me what was the point of the trolley thingy in the manhwa chapter 89? someone :(((