Recommendations Needs your help

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by PeepoMrFool, Mar 24, 2021.

1. PeepoMrFool

PeepoMrFool Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not a dumb or evil MC.
    The more social interactions the better.
    The more varied the characters characters, the better.
    Characters experience emotions (not necessarily with an external manifestation, it can also be in their or mc thoughts).
    It is desirable that the characters and their interactions feel more or less real and believable.
    The more, stronger and more varied emotions the reader experiences, the better. (Laughing, crying etc)
    Fantasy setting. (Magic is optional)
    Action. (It is desirable that the story moves somewhere and there is no feeling of stomping on the spot).
    Plus if the MC is solving/finding mysteries of magic and/or history. (Lord of the Mysteries, Kingdom's Bloodline)
    Plus for revealing the magical system. (Lord of the Mysteries, Mother of Learning)
    Plus for good world-building. (Lord of the Mysteries, Kingdom's Bloodline)
    Plus, if you have something to think about while reading, including about real life.
    Plus for the clash of characters worldviews.

2. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/14167/metaworld-chronicles - second chance, MC wakes up in an alternate history, magic modern world. Excellent world building as the author contrasts the methods, magic-tech, history, and locations of this magic modern Earth with what the MC remembers of the old tech-based, mundane Earth. Major story arcs are set in Sidney, Shanghai, and London, along with excursions to other locales. Shanghai has the university and tournament arcs where the MC gets her power ups. Also business empire building starts in Shanghai and the MC going big in London. Author mentioned that he has a degree in Literature.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/24709/defiance-of-the-fall - post apocalyptic modern setting where Earth is integrated into the cultivation System pervading the universe and in doing so, Earth is combined with 4 other planets into one big world. But not in one uniform piece, arbitrary chunks of landmass are shuffled with arbitrary chunks of landmass of the other worlds. And, multiple invasions of yet other alien opportunists are happening around the new world. The MC will travel around meeting with human and nonhuman factions while trying to stop the invasions and making the occasional trip to other realms.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/21220/mother-of-learning (completed) The MC is starting another year at the Magic Academy, everything is going as usual until the city is invaded and he gets killed, only to wake up a month earlier. After he dies again, he realizes that he's in a one month time loop. The MC will spend the next several years of looping gaining mastery in assorted magics and skills at the Academy and other places in order to try to figure out how to break out of the loop along with what's the deal with the invasion.

3. Hazel00

Hazel00 Highland Knight | From Karsuk

Reading List:
    Link
    The trash of the count's family

4. Exsha

Exsha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mother of learning is really good(when i first read the title it reminds me of some children book but when i read it i fell for its charm)

5. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link