Discussion Eroded by Time

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Zeusomega, Mar 25, 2021.

?

Do you feel RI has passed its time for revival?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Survived by Fans.

:blobpensive: Reverend Insanity author Gu zen Ren's heartfelt talk made me realize something I was afraid of for awhile now.

The magus trailblazer has in effect changed, physically and painfully in mind.

I don't want to make it dramatic, it would be hollow.

If we do get a conclusion to Reverend Insanity, it certainly won't be from the same writer who made Fang yuan who he is.

No matter how I come to peace with it, I feel like a part of me lost..

Ps- here is the link to the translated reddit post - https://www.reddit.com/r/ReverendInsanity/comments/kbl9ve/a_note_from_gu_zhen_ren/

From - @Exalted / https://forum.novelupdates.com/posts/6260493/

2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this, in effect, an obituary? :hmm:

To think someone like Fang Yuan would be missed... the world sure has changed. :blobwoah:

Fulminata likes this.
  3. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    No I don't dare to.. I have no right to.

Its just a note on its changes and how one feels about it.

Ps- even though the title, and the wordings say otherwise :blobpeek:

otaku31 likes this.
  4. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Whelp, it is official, RI is good as dead.

Like hell I did not expect it when CCP is choking the work to death under a pillow years ago.

Fulminata likes this.
  5. Daresan

Daresan Well-Known CN Master

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont really care though, i stopped reading at chapter 1500. Cant go back to reading cause all i remember is getting annoyed with filler after filler.

Wonder why it got axed? I see nothing special in the novel except more chaotic evil mc but i have read in mtl there are some even more horrible mc than fang yuan who kill much more people than fang yuan ever did.

This is like, a way to make RI more special while it is same old cultivation bullshit with little bit gu twist? people think oh this is axed by chinese government so it must be good lol.

There are many other novel that are axed by the govenment, so author must follow some kind of guideline which they clearly didnt and we are unaware of those guidelines. Thinking logically i dont think evil mc is the problem as there are countless other novel with evil mc which are just doing fine (Translated or untranslated)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  6. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It probably ran afoul of a lot of different guidelines. One of the most obvious ones is the one against the promotion of superstition. The 蛊 (gu) in the title is a specific type of superstition that's targeted so you'll never see it mentioned in any modern TV shows. Books usually are given a bit more leeway about what they can depict but "Reverend Insanity" is both high profile and it's awfully blatant at flaunting the law. Frankly, I'd be surprised if books like this weren't the main reason for starting the big crackdown a little while ago.

Fulminata likes this.
  7. Daresan

Daresan Well-Known CN Master

Reading List:
    Link
    Heh what gu? Lotm has directly superstitious story but it was not axed, i dont think we can reach into that conclusion.

Gu is more like little bit twist on average cultivation novel but fundamentals of the novel remain same. Its not even superstitious. I think you guys are making it way more special than it actually is.

How popular do you think RI was in china? It was not even popular with pitifull number of views around 4/5 million before it got axed. Because it got axed people though it was good and started reading while chinese people dont even care.

Futhermore new novel which has neutral evil mc Reincarnation paradise is much more famous than RI could ever be in china. It is ranked in 12th in best selling list.

But Reverend insanity is clearly way more famous internationally though.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
  8. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome to the weird and wonderful (and stupid) world of Chinese censorship. Where the guidelines that creators are supposed to follow are vague and poorly defined, but if they step over the line they'll get stomped on. Lately, I've noticed that any mentions of "fascist" (法西斯) will get censored regardless of what context it appears in. Imagine where the only place that this phrase shows up in a book about a war against Nazis is in the description!

In our case, "蛊" is a folk superstition originating from southwestern China which is used as a way to attack and curse other people. As such it's one of the specific items that Chinese censors target. If you think that other books are more egregious examples, then you're free to explain your opinion to the NRTA, but until then, they're the ones saying what is and isn't allowed.

Fulminata likes this.
  9. All The Wrong Novels

All The Wrong Novels Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haven't read any RI so I'm not invested in its completion, but overall it sounds like he's growing as a writer and has the potential to write something better in the future? Not sure how his new series is being received so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.