Spoiler Thorns Piercing Me/나를 찌르는 가시

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Spoiling Queen, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Marcie

Marcie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you so much! are there any more jealousy scenes of Kalix besides when he saw a man in the phone Hee-su was using? Also, how did he redeem himself that made MC marry him after 3 yrs of separation? thanks again!

2. Yurineduan

Yurineduan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there a spoiler of how ML knew that Hee-Su was not a prostitute? Or what was the first word she said to ML?Or what is Hee-su's position when ML came to bring her back to marry her

3. asterylis

asterylis Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! I have some spoilers for after the three year timeskip. The text is MTL-ed and slightly edited by me, so please read at your own risk :)

Okay, first is some background info. After the three years, Hee-soo is now living and working in a town called Paris (not on Earth, still in that world). She works at a restaurant owned by a lady named Mrs. Gray. Mrs.Gray couldn't pronounce her name correctly so she started calling Hee-soo "Becky" (derived from Baek). The MTL-ed part starts one day at the restaurant, when it's announced that the Pope will be visiting Paris.

The third floor is full of people. Most were guests of the temple. Guests from Lyon and Black Castle as well, not just Paris.

The Pope said he would be late, and most of the guests were mercenaries. Thanks to this, the mayor's expression was not good.

“The wine tastes good. Is it from Burgundy?”

"That's right."

If you were a paladin in a "real" temple, you couldn't drink alcohol. Among the knights were "real" knights from good origins and knights from mercenaries.

“I am treated well.”

“Of course, driver.”

She was in charge of knights from mercenaries. Most of her employees wanted to have "real" knights and bishops' people, so they deliberately asked her to take care of her wine.

Hee-soo did not care. She, a stranger, couldn't discriminate against anyone based on her origin.

In addition, they were capable of creating a blue flame called holy power. The ability was inherently innate, and all of them were paladins working in the temple or mercenaries belonging to the mercenary group.

Without a pendant, Hee-soo was always anxious that somebody would ask or report her identity. However, the capable people do not even prove their identity.

All ordinary citizens regarded them as heroes of this city and were always treated well.

Hee-soo was very envious of the ability he could not have even though he tried.

"This meat melts in my mouth. Do you eat this kind of food often when you work here?"

"Not really."

"That's too bad.”

"It's an honor to work at this restaurant."

"Since I became a knight, I've only heard obvious things everywhere. His glory lies."

"Ha ha."

Knights from mercenaries were free. Hee-soo did not care about the wine because they were not uncomfortable, so he deliberately helped organize the table. They also talked to Hee-soo, who was attached to the side and poured water and removed the plate.

“But the amount is too small. Whose nose do you put this on?”

“The main menu will be coming out soon, driver.”

The luncheon was ripening for a long time. At that time, one of the paladins sitting at the table in the middle hurriedly wiped his mouth with a napkin and stood up.

“The Pope's Holiness has come.”

The people who were having a meal first stood up from their seats at once. Hee-su also put down the water jug he was holding and put his hands forward.

“His Holiness has come.”
    “You are here.”
    “Oh my God, seeing the Pope.”

The voice of the voice gradually became smaller. At the entrance leading up from the stairs, I heard the sound of footsteps of people coming up. The market greeted me to the entrance of the pancake.

“Hmmh hmm.”

Hee-su also turned and fixed his gaze. She said her pope and temple didn't mean much to her, but she was curious. Several armed knights followed the pope, and the pope was greeted by the mayor.

“Oh, Holiness Pope! It is an honor to have come to such a shabby place. God's glory.”

“Glory to God.”

The pope was younger than she'd thought. At most, they appear to be in their late 30s and look ordinary. However, his eyes were sharp. Besides…

'I think I saw him somewhere...'

He was strangely familiar. Even though it can't be. He couldn't have encountered someone who became the Pope. Hee-su fixed her eyes on the pope and grappled with her memory. So I belatedly noticed someone staring at me.

'Who is it?'

It was a knight right next to the pope. It is also because he is wearing a red, luxurious cloak, but it was his eyes that noticed the gaze pouring on me.

'Why are you looking at me like that...?’

I was lightly goosebumps because of my exhausted and dry eyes. A cold look where you can't feel anything. The appearance and appearance were beautiful, but the person looked empty because of the eyes.

Heesoo couldn't recognize the man at first.

'No way.'

A little thinner than before, much shorter hair. Not only the appearance but also the atmosphere of this man itself has changed.

He was Calix.

In Heesoo's memory, he was a fresh, always energetic man. I don't know what he looks like, but I thought he was in his early 20s.

But now...…I was completely different from him three years ago. It looked as sharp as ice on a close lake when it might break. Tired, expressionless, but slightly nervous.

“……!”

When the eyes met, my body seemed to be tied tightly to the rope. As if he didn't recognize her, his eyes moved finely, but his expression didn't change.

However, Hee-soo was irritated by the feeling of being trapped alone with a man. Eventually, she faltered and broke a glass of wine on the table.

Clink!

"Oh, what the hell is that noise!”

The loud noise drew attention, and Calix turned carelessly and stared straight ahead.

"Hey, are you okay?"

Heesoo came to her senses by tapping her.

"Yes, yes, I'm sorry."

As they hurriedly picked up the broken wine glass, those who wondered turned to Heesoo and continued to have a luncheon.

"I've left my senior seat empty. Sit this way, Holy Father."

Her crouching party sat in an empty spot on the table in the middle. He is at a distance to be seen as soon as he raises his head, and at a distance to be heard clearly.

Heesu bowed his head and only looked at the tips of his toes in case he could see his eyes again. I was so conscious that I was going crazy. I don't think anything's wrong with Calix.

Did he recognize me?

It didn't seem like it at all. Heesoo three years ago was on the verge of dying. But now I've gained weight much better than him.

Originally a hair designer, she was also excellent at decorating herself. From the well-organized nails, the hair was glossy and the clothes were ironed cleanly without any stains. Working at such a fancy restaurant, I had to pay attention to my appearance.

Therefore, there was nothing strange about him even if he didn't recognize him. Or they may pretend they don't know because they think it's not worth dealing with after looking into it.

Because she's a good enough woman for Calix.

Spending three years alone, Hee-soo ironically got to know the man deeper than when he was next to him.

If you think about the past alone, you could see even a fool's sense of what kind of emotion the man's unprovoked attention and care were possible.

To me, who can't communicate, I devoted myself with all my heart. The man.

Thanks to him, even his unprovoked behavior to abandon him in the wilderness seemed to have been misunderstood.

Now the only emotion left for him was guilt. Guilt for stealing what he had prepared with all his heart and running away.

"……the city council in Paris is not just a bunch of people. I often eat out like this. I don't think that's the case with other cities won't. Your Holiness often...….”

The words that the mayor spoke floated around without meaning. Heesoo, who was very nervous, could not hear the words of the mayor and the pope.

"Hey, pretty girl. What's wrong with you?"

"Ki, you must have been nervous."

"But I did the same when I first met the Holy Father."

The knight of the mercenary army raised his head and began talking with his fellow man sitting face to face to face. He took a handkerchief out of his inner pocket and held it out to Heesoo.

"Just wipe your forehead with perspiration."

"……Thank you."

When I wiped off my cold sweat by tapping on my forehead, I felt like I was coming back to my senses little by little.

'He said he wouldn't be staying...’

When the luncheon is over, it's over. I go back to my daily routine without ever seeing him again. I was a little relieved. Calix seemed to have no intention of knowing or not knowing her.

'He's like that...…was he a knight of high rank?’

Heesoo glanced sideways at Calix. He sat right next to the pope as if he were very close. Even the pope held onto his forearm and whispered close to his body. They exchanged conversations constantly about what they were talking about.

"Come on, driver."

"Huh?"

The knight, who took a bite of tart from dessert, coughed in vain, whether embarrassed to find out that he had answered foolishly.

"Did you call me?"

"Yes, excuse me, but……what's your next schedule?"

I wanted to know if they were even having dinner here. If so, I was going to rest under the pretext of being sick.

"Well, you're curious about my personal schedule, aren't you? I was thinking about going around this city after lunch.”

"Oh…."

Heesoo flustered his hair behind his ears because of his misunderstanding.

"Why? To show you around?"

"Oh, no, it's...….”

"Hey, stop playing around. This lady is curious about the Pope's schedule. We're going back to Lyon soon after lunch."

"I see."

Heesoo was relieved by the dissuasion of another article at the same table. Sometimes there were men who flirted like this in a restaurant. Even most of them come with their lovers, and Hee-soo was so embarrassed when a woman secretly sticks to her while she goes to the bathroom.

"I'm sorry, but Paris is not a very attractive city. Let's say it's. There are Santoni in the harbor city, and if you want to see the green grass, go to Burgundy. Paris doesn't come very well.”

The papal knights made a pilgrimage through the five cities of Keltica, Gaul. Lyon, Kings River, Burgundy, Santony, Paris. Paris was the most neglected city.

"What are you talking about with the citizens of Paris in front of you? This girl doesn't look tacky everywhere. It's rarely sophisticated. Isn't that right?"

"Ha ha, thank you."

Heesoo laughed off his compliments. If it's a service mind, it's always second to none.

"You're from Lyon, aren't you?"

"How did you know?"

"I think you're wearing the same color as the clothes. It's a style that women like.”

Now that words are spoken, it was a good way to please him. There was always a reason why the ladies called her in and put her head.

"Oh, really? Thanks for the compliment. What's your name?"

"It's Becky."

"Becky."

The knight nodded and grinned and handed over some coins.

"The food is delicious, but this restaurant is more fun to watch and listen to. Thanks to you."

Hee-soo smiled and was handed a tip. It was not burdensome because it was shared by all employees anyway.

Conversations with these simple knights were not boring. Thanks to that, Hee-soo gave up thinking about Calix and finished serving comfortably. However, when everyone, including the Pope, went down, their heads were bowed.

Although he glanced late in case he was looking at him, Carlyx left the restaurant without looking back. I realized that the Pope's hand was on his shoulder, so I couldn't reach a citizen like me.

It felt cool and sad. She herself was fidgety.

He finally gave an excuse that he was sick because he was young, skipped dinner, and came into the room early and lay down on the bed.

But the sleep didn't come. Today felt like too long.

'Let's just go to bed. It'll be tomorrow if you wake up.’

I thought the casual meeting with Calix was over.

Knock, knock.

Late at night. When I fell asleep, someone knocked on the door.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    smeilia, syofiaa, Ariieum and 36 others like this.
  4. Jazmin 13

Jazmin 13 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OH MY GOSH!!! Could you please give us more spoilers? I want to know what happens next, I'm anxious, tysm for dropping these spoilers!

5. Deleted member 282232

Deleted member 282232 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much!!! What happened next!!??

6. asterylis

asterylis Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Part 2 is here!

I thought the casual meeting with Calix was over.

Knock, knock.

Late at night. When I fell asleep, someone knocked on the door.

With that short knock, Hee-soo thought a co-worker had come to see her. There is also a space for guests on the fourth floor, but there was no reason for them to knock on the door of this room.

The door opened with a light breeze, but ir had nothing to do with her colleagues.

"Yes, this is Becky. What's the matter?"

I opened the door, but I couldn't see anyone. As it opened half more in wonder, the man standing aside took a step closer to the door, holding the door.

“……!”

It was Calix. Heesoo's heart fluttered on her face.

He looked all right when he saw him surprised. I couldn't find any feelings.

Heesoo couldn't say anything. Why he came to see him, what to say...…my head was a complete mess. I never thought I'd see this man again.

First, it was Calix who broke the silence and started talking.

"Is this how anyone opens the door at this hour?"

He strode over the threshold and into the room. Heesoo stepped back exactly as he approached. The room seemed to be full when a man who was twice as fit as others entered.

In fact, it was a small space where all of the arms were spread out. He was thinner than before, but still bigger than an ordinary man.

"It was a thief, you."

He didn't change his expression like a man who said harsh things and felt nothing. Heesoo trembled as it felt scarier.

"I thought you were a prostitute."

He grabbed her by the collar, smiling and trembling. Hee-soo turned his head to the side due to the man's anger that he felt close to him. I just couldn't get that look.

"I didn't want to let him live when we met again.”

A low voice was struck down like a bolt of lightning. It looked calm, but the inside was boiling like a flame.

"I'm a stranger, and I'm surprised I survived like a rat in this city. Maybe they don't know. Give me an answer."

It was not a pressing voice, but the quiet voice couldn't sound so scary. I really felt like I was going to kill myself.

"Do people here know you're not a citizen of this place?"

Heesoo was scared, so she closed her eyes tightly and shook her head.

"Open your eyes."

His big hand wrapped around her head. The grip turned its own head.

"Look carefully—who's holding your breath right now."

Fortunately, he just grabbed Heesoo's chin. However, if I put strength in my hands, I could not even scream and would die.

"You've been saved by me, and so many times. Looking at it, isn't your life mine, after all."

Heesoo met the man's blue eyes and looked straight down. Heesoo was a criminal in front of him even though he thought he was going to kill him.

"Why are you dumb again? You speak very well."

Heesoo was rambling to talk to her, as if to urge her to do so.

"Come on, I'm sorry. I've wronged you, I'm sorry about everything.”

A clear pronunciation and accent...

One of Carlix's eyebrows went up as if it were strange.

It was the woman's voice that he remembered. However, stuttering or throwing just one word was completely different from the past. In fact, I feel much more feminine now than her voice in my memory. Is it because the horse is calm?

I listened to her at the restaurant, but I was surprised to see her actually speaking. He learned the language of this place as much as he did, and he understood what he was saying and answered.

Being able to talk to this woman, really...It's really fascinating.

“…….”

Calix's neck moved up and down. His blue eyes shook without hesitation.

I was just going to check my face...….

"How did you wrong me...…tell me."

Calix wanted to hear her voice again. I was looking forward to answering what I was saying, and I wanted to talk more. It was interesting to mix the words.

Right. We have a lot of things we want to ask and hear.

"You stole my stuff? Or did you run away before the wedding?"

The sensation of a gulp was felt in the palm of his hand. Calix forced her to face herself whenever her head turned sideways or her eyes looked down.

"I'm sorry you used me and abandoned me, or I'm sorry you stole my stuff.”

"Everything. I'm sorry for everything...….”

Carlyx grated his teeth inside. I know that sorry is a lie. If you were really sorry, you would have found yourself.

"I'll do what you want. I'll do everything, so be quiet here."

Looking at the eyes pointed out with false excuses, he always thought of a question in the corner of his mind.

"You were pregnant, weren't you?"

Heesoo shook her head in surprise. Calix didn't even believe him. He sarcastically laughed at me.

"I was stupid to ask a lying woman.”

"Really not. Pregnancy, that's...…!”

Laying Heesoo in bed, he climbed onto her. He pressed Hee-soo's shoulders and sat on his knees next to his thighs, making him unable to lift up. Calix, very familiar, stripped her coat like she did.

The women who gave birth said they had a mark on their stomachs.

Suddenly the cold air came in and grabbed her arms away. As if his eyes were looking for evidence, he looked through Heesoo's flat stomach. But there was no evidence of childbirth anywhere.

Calix asked in a cold tone.

"Did you take any medicine?”

"Oh, no. I'm not really, really pregnant. At that time, I wasn't in a physical condition where I could get pregnant."

I didn't have any period then. It wasn't until I got here that my period resumed until a few months later.

"There was a time when I was on the verge of starvation. I'm so stressed out while I'm here...… I had no menstruation back then.”

Calix heard her rambling excuse with an incomprehensible face.

You can't get pregnant without menstruation? By the way, what is menstruation?

Calix had no idea how sensitive the woman's body was. So it sounded like Heesoo was just making a ridiculous excuse.

"What can I do for you?"

Calix wanted to ask her one or two things. She was a woman who only did things that she couldn't understand no matter how much she looked back on. The most unconvincing of all is that she ran away alone.

You can't do anything alone.

A woman who couldn't even understand, abandoned herself and ran away.

Of course, she would have visited the man she originally loved, but she could have secretly connected with the man next to me with the audacity of spending the night with herself and turning around and looking at the other man's face.

"What did I do for you? Why did you leave?"

“…….”

"Because I'm leaving you out of town? I apologized. Was it not enough?"

“…….”

"You knew for sure. No matter what you did, I could acceptable. But why did you leave?"

Heesoo at that time hated him so much. The overflowing affection was overwhelming, and we were gradually exhausted from the relationship we couldn't understand each other. He didn't like the way he was leaning on him. I didn't want to live like that.

"Tell me."

But I had nothing to say if you asked me like that. He didn't do it for me. I didn't run away because I couldn't.

"…… there isn't."

"Nothing?"

Heesoo rolled her eyes down and around at the fierce question.

"You used people, betrayed them, stole things, and ran away without them? The gift you gave me for the wedding?

Wedding. Gifts. Heesoo's heart sank at the two words.

"If I was next to you, I would live like a useless person, forever. I've been trying to give you so much...…I'm not your pet dog."

"Ha!"

With a breathless exhalation, he began to stare at her vigorously.

"You treated me like a dog. What are you good at? Is that a reason to betray people, steal things, and run away? So you should've done less? Stop lying and be honest.”

“…….”

"It's because of a man, isn't it?"

The MTL can be kinda confusing, so please let me know if you'd like any clarification on some parts!

7. susuanh1004

susuanh1004 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG! I can't wait any longer. Will they kiss. What happens next.

Jazmin 13 likes this.
  8. Jazmin 13

Jazmin 13 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank youuu so much! Can't wait for part 3

Thay_Serpentus likes this.
  9. Mi shiru

Mi shiru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!! Gosh i can't wait for more!

MOMO26 likes this.
  10. Fictionaddiction

Fictionaddiction Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A slightly irrelevant question to the romantic plot, but how did her friend and others turn into Mannocks (Zombies) when they were still alive?

DOHere likes this.
  11. eamxu

eamxu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks so much for all the spoilers! I just got here from reading the manhwa from tappytoons (which they just updated as well). I did notice a few differences between the manhwa and novel but I hope the angst will remain the same.

If you're referring to her friend Minju, when they were trying to escape and go back to the city, they were found by robbers. Some of the robbers tried to rape them but Minju got herself bitten with a maenok and then before she turned, she started eating the robbers so that they wouldn't rape Hee Soo. Before Minju completely turned, she told Heesoo that if she can't return to their world, she should at least try to survive in this world for both of them then stabbed herself.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
    syofiaa, MLisMyHubby, DOHere and 8 others like this.
  12. susuanh1004

susuanh1004 Member

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Fictionaddiction

Fictionaddiction Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the clarification, I didn't know she was bitten before. I thought it was weird she was gradually turning into a mannock while still alive.

MLisMyHubby, DOHere and rero00 like this.
  14. beeyaahmor

beeyaahmor Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where can we read the raw of the novel, aside Ridi and kakao? These applications are not available in my country

Thay_Serpentus and sckerforyou like this.
  15. Delice-San

Delice-San Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are there any specific stories involving their children?:blobmelt:

16. ayiyin

ayiyin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you.
    Do u happen to have the next one? How did she explain things to him? And were they good after this encounter or the blaming game continued?

17. eamxu

eamxu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys! Tappytoons just updated to chapter 13.
    quick summary for those who haven't seen it just yet

- It starts as a continuation of Heesoo's memories when she first traveled to this new world and getting saved by green-haired dude who was still a paladin-in-training or something with his partner. Their names aren't mentioned nor revealed yet but the green-haired dude is definitely the dude that saw Calix leave the church after killing the pope.
    - Green-haired dude tries to take advantage of Heesee but is stopped by his partner bec they have sworn their life into chastity as paladins.
    - Green-haired dude is pissed but reluctantly agrees. Teleports to the mines to send her there.
    - Once at the mines, some disgusting pervert is in the process of taking his pants off when Heesoo wakes up. Heesoo tries to run but the guys brings out a whip and lashes it on Heesoo's ankle. He starts to advance towards her but green-haired dude appears from behind him and kick him on his balls.
    - Disgusting pervert keels over and faints from the pain.
    - Green-haired dude walks towards Heesoo and tells her that he wants to make a deal with her and all she has to do is spend some time with him. Basically him saying that he wants to sleep with her. He offers her food, clothes, shelter but Heesoo could see and feel the malice from him and she runs away.
    - Heesoo's dream ends with her running away and green-haired dude saying "he's not one to use force"
    - Calix is worried for Heesoo bec she was looking very pale and he tries to wake her up from her nightmare.
    - Heesoo wakes up, somewhat delirious from her nightmare and her memories. She then thinks that no wonder Calix looked very familiar bec the clothes he wore was the same clothes the green-haired due was wearing.
    - For a moment, Heesoo starts to suspect Calix to have the same disgusting intentions as the other men who she's met so far
    - Calix tries to communicate with Heesoo, asking if she's in pain or feeling sick with a genuine worried face.
    - Heesoo looks at him and can sense his sincerity and gives him a warm smile.
    - Calix touches her forward to check if she's got a fever but all Heesoo could think of was how handsome Calix is.
    - Calix wishes they could at least communicate and wonders the reason she can't speak is bec of an injury in her mouth and proceeds to check her tongue and immediately remembers their hot kiss. He gets flustered and turns away from her
    - He tells Heesoo not to get sick bec it would slow them down as but he's blushing profusely so Heesoo just giggles at him
    - Hesoo thinks to herself that she can rest a bit and plus let she can daydream and it's thanks to Calix. She's comforted just like how she spent her time with Minjoo and she also enjoys teasing him (hehehehe).
    - Heesoo gets up and gives Calix a hug.
    - Heesoo at this point believes that they will definitely go their separate ways but she would like to express her gratitude to him before that happens.
    Man, this was such a soft chapter. I feel so bad for Heesoo. I cannot imagine the constant stress, fear, and anxiety of being taken advantage of. I honestly and genuinely hope she does not get raped at all. It's nice to see that she can finally let her guard down even for a couple of weeks or months? Not sure when the time skip will happen

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
  18. Hakucyou

Hakucyou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Caught up with the latest manhwa chapters.

PLEASE NOTE: My spoilers from this point on will be mainly focused on COMPARISON between manhwa and the original. So ppl who haven't caught up with manhwa would probably feel hard to follow my "spoilers"

My last spoiler ended with Kalix and Hee-su getting into the city. The difference here is "how" and "why" they got to the city. In the novel, Kalix decided to teleport to the city for one simple thought, he just didnt want to see Hee-su endure the cold night anymore (she was trembling). But in manhwa, Hee-su literally got sick and had a fever so Kalix had to get them to the city asap. What’s interesting here, is that later on in the novel, Hee-su did catch a cold for the first time and Kalix had to bring her to the temple. So not sure how manhwa will do when it reaches that point. But I guess its not hard to make up another excuse for it. We will see what happens.

After Kalix brought Hee-su to the city in the novel, because Hee-su wasnt sick, so Kalix and Halo (the person who treat Hee-su's sickness in the manhwa) had that "conversation" immediately when they ran into him, and Kalix took Hee-su and left the temple right away when they finished talking. (then they looked for an inn right away too because it was still midnight when they left the temple).

Compare to manhwa, Hee-su eavesdropped the talk between Kalix and Halo, ran into the green hair-dude, and the green-hair dude verbally insulted Kalix for being a sinner, are all new. The difference that stands out here is the green-hair dude doesn’t seem to know the ex-pope was corrupt. In the novel, only a handful of ppl knew how the ex-pope died, and they all knew he was corrupt, so they viewed Kalix as a hero/saviour for what he did. No one blamed Kalix for what happened.

But my biggest personal tsukkomi to the new changes is: Why would Hee-su change back into her original clothes when she woke up wearing nice dresses?! I cannot pretend I didn’t see that LOL Yea… cause in novel, she didn’t have the chance to change clothes at that point yet.

Moving on to staying at the Inn. There is some big change here in my opinion. Although both manhwa and novel Hee-su thought Kalix might be selling her off when Kalix was just telling the Inn keeper how long they are staying, Novel Hee-su DID NOT think of escaping like manhwa Hee-su did. In the novel, Hee-su first followed Kalix into the room. Then the inn owner knocked on the door, asking Kalix whether Hee-su is single or married. Because Kalix requested a physician earlier when they were checking in. Apparently, in Kalix’s world, the fee is different when a physician sees a married woman or a single woman. And the inn owner showed the cost of fees with his fingers, so Hee-su misunderstood here and thought they were negotiating how much they are selling her for (I dont blame Hee-su at all).

But even then, novel Hee-su didn’t think of running away. Because she knows, that there is no point for her to run away. She won’t be able to find another person who treats her as good as Kalix. Leaving Kalix would be the same thing as suicide, since she knows no one, knows nothing about this foreign world. And Kalix has been nothing but generous to Hee-su (minus the yelling and threatening at the beginning), She really had no reason to leave him at this point.

I feel the novel Hee-su is smarter and more realistic than manhwa Hee-su, if you ask me…

Then they had their first night later that night, because Hee-su thought using her body could make Kalix want to keep her around. Again, I cannot emphasize enough. Their relationship started out quite physical in the novel, because they cannot communicate through the usual means (talk). Their interactions involve lots of skinship and physical contact, almost feel a bit primal. But the manhwa seems to want to keep their version 19 under, very PG rated; so they had to change quite a lot in order to keep the story flowing while cutting off the 19+ scenes. If you like how manhwa is going, you might not enjoy the novel as much.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
  19. susuanh1004

susuanh1004 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    new chapter 24. I think they'll have the first night in chapters 26-27

syofiaa likes this.
  20. eamxu

eamxu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks so much for the update! From the way things are, I'm guessing there might be a chance they will do an r19 manhwa in the future that's more faithful to the novel but that's just me assuming bec I've seen a few titles that have 2 versions so readers can enjoy whichever they prefer tho the difference for those titles was that the sex scenes were just removed and conversations were just done in narration style?