Discussion How Do You Feel About Rich People?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Deleted member 310942, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I suspect it's part of the media manipulation by politicians whenever an economic crisis pops up. Remember that when things are going well, no one mentions things like that other than social experimenters but once a crisis pops up, "No, it's not the fault of us politicians, it's all due to the greedy rich!". Also fueled in part by the political desperation to get more money out of these people. Remember Sarvin and the Facebook debacle when he wanted to immigrate? It spawned the travesty of a proposal called the EX-PATRIOT Act whose main goal is to imprison Americans in America itself or pay the government their pound of flesh. Even just immigrating now from America is considered tax evasion. That is how desperate the government is for money.

So next time you hear "The rich must be immoral", check if it is government propaganda and if they get money from it.

2. RANTMAN

RANTMAN PRESENTATION!

Reading List:
    Link
    The media always makes it seem like that this kind of money is made by a single individual alone (i.e. Kelly Jenner earned $600 million dollars herself). This isn't really the case, as this is likely an evaluation of the worth of her brand. All these big celebrities are actually the face of their own company, and like any company they have hundreds of employees, running costs, losses and expenditures.

As to how much of that is profit is anyone's guess, but if the boss of my company started to pay for sick employee's hospital bills I would certainly expect to receive the same treatment if anything happened to me. That is not sustainable no matter how big you are.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  3. The loner

The loner Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well.. I think the problem's are more to the different sides of common value..

less-income family tends to doubt that the rich receive their money from legal practice, and hate how they just splurge money for something less trivial for them.. it can also attributed to envy and jealousy though..

while the 'rich' tends to think that the less-income people aren't just working hard enough.. and the 2nd generation ones can even be worse, as they can even be more arrogant than their parents and also being less grateful with the privilege they receive..

on the other side, I also agree that it's always easier to hate something than loving it... especially when you don't understand the circumstance of the other side.. ;)

4. lottocat

lottocat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    capitalist society is just this way and there is not ethical big business. although we could hate them the most important thing is to reform the system entirely. anyway theres no need to envy them and i dont mind someone being rich as long as they do a ton of shit to help those less fortunate. but most capitalists are just incredibly greedy thats how it is

Exalted and Nightow1 like this.
  5. Noble Ran

Noble Ran Evil Ordeal

Reading List:
    Link
    Man, I don't really care about the credibility of all that drama, I just feel it's funny how she blatantly exposed her self to cancerous cancel culture, not that bright of a move

6. Deleted member 310942

Deleted member 310942 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. In this society, it's almost impossible to know who is telling the truth and who isn't. We can't trust the (our) government. We can't lean on those more powerful than us. That's why we from the noveltopia community need to stick together!

7. Arkantos

Arkantos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't care if billionares exist. What gets me is that most just hoard their wealth like dragons and try to dodge taxes and every piece of legislation that would at least raise the bottom line for most people. They have so much money it would not matter if 20% got to taxes.

kkgoh, Selviata, imK and 1 other person like this.
  8. RANTMAN

RANTMAN PRESENTATION!

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's just a publicity stunt. Any publicity is good publicity, except for what Chris Brown and Ray Rice did.

Noble Ran likes this.
  9. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    I work in a hospital.
    My medical costs are covered by my contract. :p

I'll go stand in the corner now. lol.

10. RANTMAN

RANTMAN PRESENTATION!

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol lucky sod.

11. Noble Ran

Noble Ran Evil Ordeal

Reading List:
    Link
    True, infamy and fame are two sides of the same coin.

12. lottocat

lottocat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i mean theres many reasons that the environment is getting so bad, and a huge one is that big business dont want to do anything about it since it'll make them lose money. you know i think it was pepsi (?) that used to have their drinks in glass bottles, right, and then when you finished you could give it back to them and they would give you a quarter or something? but theyve stopped doing that it's cause theyre want to push the responsibilty on us, who dont have that much power, to do something. and just the whole fashion industry is insane when it comes to waste. we're told to recycle and ofc we should, but what we can do is infinitesimally miniscule compared to their multi million businesses. it's pretty hateful and vile lol

13. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, I'm not even really sure if that many people do dodge taxes. My suspicions are that it is actually a political stunt to get more funding for the government after they screwed up the economy by claiming people are not paying taxes so it is ok to raise taxes on "that class of people". You remember the FATCA Act that is still in force today? That if Americans have a foreign bank account, they must be evading taxes so the government went full shotgun on the global banking industry and outright threatened to get everyone's bank account details? And once all the information came in, surprise, surprise, there was less tax evasion than expected and what they got back didn't even cover the cost of implementing FATCA? That narrative was set with the lie that there are "billions hidden away that we can take back" and the government fell for it hook line and sinker. And why they did was because they were desperate for money in 2008. You can go wiki it up to see the results of that little lie. There are less people evading taxes than media tells you there are.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_Account_Tax_Compliance_Act#Revenue_and_cost

This is an example of why that narrative gets pushed. More money for the government. Which turned out to be imaginary.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    AMissingLinguist likes this.
  14. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    If ur humble i fk w u but if not suk a dik

imK likes this.
  15. Crimson Nanashi

Crimson Nanashi Suu | Loves and protects Master

Reading List:
    Link
    For me I don’t hate or despise the ones that truly did it on their own. They achieved that success and its great they did that. The ones I dislike are the trust fund brats that are rich despite never doing anything, the ones that got their money via horrid means and the ones that made their money from screwing over tons of people. People like the Trump’s or the coal dude that sued John Oliver or Bezos and the Walmart family who made their money by screwing over their employees.

I will say that I’m of the opinion that after a certain point any money you make, after expenses and costs are subtracted, should all be taken away and either invested in the company to benefit the employees or be used by the government to help pay for services that will benefit the public. I’d say any amount above 50 million dollars is fair. Afterall if you can’t live a life and struggle despite having 50 million dollars then you don’t deserve that money and you should have to be instructed on how to handle money without being an idiot. Unless we do such a thing all that’s gonna happen to that money is sit in a vault somewhere accumulating dust and being useless.

16. RANTMAN

RANTMAN PRESENTATION!

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah the buck always seems to passed to those who can afford it least. To be fair it's the public who create the demand, but there are only so many markets in the world and only so many times you can sell the same shit before the shareholders become disappointed that the business only grew by $500 million this year compared to the $600 million last year. The demands and greed of the shareholders in these giant companies are insane.

17. aShinyVaporeon

aShinyVaporeon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I only read like an internet article about this before, but I remember reading that that makeup artist was not actually Kylie Jenner's makeup artist and they don't really have too much relationship with each other. Also she runs a business, too, although it's mostly advertised via herself, so she doesn't depend solely on her face and body. She's still an entrepreneur.
    Do I think she was justified? lol maybe not
    Still, I think there are some places where your story could have been straightened out.

Personal opinion about rich people:
    They're an unavoidable consequence of capitalism. Personally, I don't think that they are obligated to do things with that money, since it is, by rights, theirs, unless it's illegally gained money or something. Still, I think that some ludicrously rich people don't need to have their 5 vacation homes that are all worth like hundreds of millions or something, although I'm not gonna go accuse them over it or something.

18. Hazel00

Hazel00 Highland Knight | From Karsuk

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't hate rich people, Rich or poor, there are good or bad people. But some who are rich, they didn't think about social responsibility as a social human, because some of them think it's their money, and their own wealth, but i do believe that, if you have wealth that exceed of your need , there's always a small portion to help others, that small portion can really really help others. Even if it's small

19. AryaX

AryaX Less-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They're lucky... :rolleyes:

Its all about luck... Either you are born to wealth, or you win in a lottery, or you make some extremely high risk investments again and again and keep on winning, or you take law into your own hands and hope you won't get caught, etc, etc, etc...

If you are or get rich, it may take some "work" to stay that way, but Nobody gets there by honest hard work alone...

20. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    That is a bit of a misunderstanding. You see, when people's wealth is looked at, they look at NETWORTH. And the thing about networth is that it isn't something you can just spend. Even more so if they are in the form of say stock (which can't realistically be redeemed or that stock will most likely crash or lose a lot of value as you do so). And in the case of stock options, you have to purchase the stock first before you can exercise them (so you can even lose money selling them). As silly as it sounds, many of the richest people are actually broke and millions if not billions in debt.

The real key to being rich is not how much money you have, but how much you can get away with not spending any money. Often times just having a lot of money in your account gives you lots of freebies and you have access to much more credit that you can revolve.

600 million in cash or stock options?

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]