Spoiler The Devil / 마귀

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Gothita, Aug 25, 2020.

?

THE DEVIL novel has 227 chapters, Ongoing . Do you guys think the Ending will be Tragedy? T-T

Poll closed Jul 9, 2021.
  1. Yes

89 vote(s)
    79.5%
  2. No

23 vote(s)
    20.5%
  1. papapa

papapa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  2. Qwertyqwe

Qwertyqwe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. mixordia

mixordia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I desperately need to know what happens in chapter 42. This manhwa is very good !!!

Im Who Im and Nefroza like this.
  4. SakuraCitra

SakuraCitra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe in chapter 43, Innete will kill her old husband, because this old man killed her John. But who know if the creator give more surprise, John will live again or Innete will get killed

Nefroza and mixordia like this.
  5. Chunin

Chunin Depressed Lemon

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really much happened in this chapter but I guess her chain has been broken. She reminiscences about her past with her "brother" feels guilty about how she treated him and turns psychotic. In the memories the father in punishing the brother & sister is unhappy. Also there was a (nightmare?) where her brothers chest was burst open, and he gives her his heart (looked like it). She remember other memories with him when they were children, wont get too much into it, anyways she grabs a fireplace stick and beats her husband in the face. This fireplace sticks has a sharp needle hook at the tip so it did serious damage. Husband in is shock and crawls to the door to escape. FL follows him crying and laughing stick still in hand

6. Elihs

Elihs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe the 'nightmare' was actually the memory of the night her first husband died. People accused MC of being a demon for killing her husband and taking his heart when in fact it was her brother that murdered him. I think someone here mentioned that the brother killed her first husband out of jealousy because he was made to witness their wedding night or something?

7. 1Etoya1

1Etoya1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    why did the father slap Johan in ch 42?

8. Esmagiar

Esmagiar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I understood thanks to MTL:
    Ch. 42
    The old man shouts and beats Jovinette, she protects Johannes's body and, feeling the cold touch and smelling blood, remembers what really happened on the day of her wedding.
    Johannes was made to act as one of the witnesses of Jovinette's wedding night and said something opposing to that. His father slapped him. I think he said something about the importance of this alliance, but I'm not sure. Then at night John killed Inette's husband before her very eyes and took his heart out. When she asked why, he answered - I think - 'You shouldn't have left (me), Jovinette' and gave the heart to her. Inette was accused of killing her husband because she never told anyone that the one who killed him was her brother and so she shouldered the blame and was locked in the tower.
    Due to sadness and anger selective amnesia was triggered, Inette forgot that John killed her husband - I think she also forgot how she threw a knife at him - that's why she felt wronged all this time. But now all the memories came crushing down and she understood that everything that happened to her was Johannes' fault. She tell so to his body and tells him to come back. And then she beats old man's face with a poker and intends to off him, I think.

Also, adding to the previous comments about Griselda's flashback
    It seems that John was very VERY attached to Inette even as a baby. Griselda often found his unsettling gaze on her.
    In Johannes's flasback we see that he would always watch his sister as if she was his everything and became sad when she gave attention to other people.
    So my assumption is that whatever was born from Inette's mother was interested in Inette from the beginning, but then the mother made a wish for the son that she could present to her husband, and so the demon took a human form but never forgot its obsession with Inette. That's why he was jealous and that's why he was able to murder a much older man in such a manner. Maybe Inette's wish made him revert to his original form

9. Esmagiar

Esmagiar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I dedicated some time to MTLing the manhwa
    Griselda’s flashback from chapters 31-36:

20 years ago lady Ducommun arrived at the Gustav castle with young Griselda as her maid and a soldier/knight. Soon, the lady got pregnant and gave birth to a healthy pair of twins. Griselda received a marriage proposal from the knight (I think it was that same one who arrived with her) and the two were quite happy together. Their first child was a stillborn but with the support of her husband Albe(?) Griselda managed to recover her spirits. However, she was also somewhat unsettled because the girl behaved like any normal baby would - cried and moved - while the boy would just stare at her and imitate her movements which is creepy enough by itself and even more horrifying when you know what happened on the day the two were born:

The Lady killed the midwife who thought the birth of a demon was a curse (and yes, yes it was). Griselda, wo closed her own mouth so as no to shout was spared. The two made way into the basement(?) With the coffins and the Lady used a dagger (pretty sure it was the dagger that Inette threw at John) to summon Kretschmann - a very tired looking guy with tattoos (and dang a woman who can murder someone and then make a deal with a demon immediately after labor is pretty terrifying, perhaps, it’s good she didn’t survive).
    The exchange was summarised by someone already, I won’t repeat it again. After the deal is done and as the two were exiting Griselda heard Kretschmann mumble dazedly, “I’ll endure. I’ll withstand it… I will save you… Idris(?)”. When they returned to the room, the monster in the cradle turned into a child, but Griselda felt the presence of the demon still. However, as the time passed by, the memories lost their intensity and she started to convince herself that the child must be human and even wondered if what she saw was a dream.

If only.

One day Griselda’s husband came home and told her he saw a giant bat with a snake tail.
    Now, I couldn’t understand this section, so I guess he describes his dream or something, because he tells how Griselda tried to kill the child, he wanted to run to her but couldn’t and Griselda was burned.
    Griselda soothes him and convinces that it was just that - a dream.

Several months later Griselda and another maid Jacqueline(?) had an argument in the diner - that maid seemed to find it suspicious that the lady took the heir to church so often (and only the heir and several times a day, if I understood correctly). She became nauseous after smelling the soup(?). And yes, she had a lover - a priest at that, so she was evidently pregnant. Griselda then counted the weeks and fount out that she was pregnant too, so she told about it to her husband. However, she regrets doing this till this day because after hearing about her pregnancy Albe set the warehouse on fire.
    Griselda was suddenly taken away from the Lady’s chambers and brought to the Lord. Albe tried to convince him that Griselda had nothing to do with this and that he was just trying to catch the demon(?) that hid in the warehouse. He tries to make others support him but nobody does. Then the Lady came in and said that whatever the reason, he committed a crime and he should be burned as an example. Albe shouted he did this to save his family and then Griselda, understanding that he did this to prevent harm to their future child, shouted that she saw the demon too and the Lady knows it exists as well The lady, fearing her secret could be revealed, denied everything and advised the Lord to execute Albe and so he was burned at the stake. Griselda had to witness this and soon she miscarried.

She was released after some time, the lady was heavily pregnant and entrusted the care of her children to Griselda and even ordered her to be her midwife. Right after the baby was born, Griselda went out in the rain, naturally sorrowful and heartbroken, and saw Jacqueline shovelling. Jacqueline run away, Griselda saw that she was burying a baby and it wasn’t breathing. She pleaded to Albe to, I guess, save the child, and it breathed. She placed the baby into the cradle with cold determination and took the Lady’s son to another room and killed it, because why wouldn’t she take revenge on a woman who destroyed everything dear to her?

10. peenutbutta

peenutbutta Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone who read the novel can y’all please confirm Johannes’s death?

11. Bobasis

Bobasis Weeeeee

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for this .

12. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't worry, he's got plot armor:blobpopcorn:lol. Anyways, he's still alive by episode 210 of the novel. I actually have the novel until episode 210 but I'm not really up to reading it rn cuz the MTL for the novel is too hard for me:blobdead: also, I'm more interested in another novel rn.

Ok, so I went to skim through the novel and ep.70 is where the manhwa is currently at rn with John getting shot and "dying".
    She remembers 9 years ago about her first husband and it's their wedding night there are other ppl there including John and the father to witness them (wtf:blobpopcorn_two:). It was an old custom of more than one younger witnesses to be present in this major event. BTW the bed is covered by an opaque curtain (but that doesn't make it any better). John was in charge of keeping the union between the two families in check. Inet suddenly remembered this memory bc it was so similar to and matched that day with the smell of blood and the killer. Anyways, Inet is crying over John and reminiscing about other memories(?). Then the old man whips her with his belt.

Inet finally snaps and goes crazzzzy:blobhero: won't take the old man's sh*t anymore and grabs John's sword:blobhero: Her hands are all bloody and filled with tears and the old man is scared af as he runs to the door and shouts. Then someone covers Inet's eyes and the door banged closed by the wind trapping the old man in the room. The one who covered her eyes hugs her then she slowly weakens and lets go of the sword due to the contact. She heard the voice of the beast from 8 years ago. Yup, it's John :blobparty: and I'm pretty sure the old man is dead now. Soldiers bursts in and try to grab them. John turns to them and Inet grabs onto him, afraid that he would leave her. John lifts her up and goes to the window opposite to the doorway. As they jump out, Inet sees Henrik with the soldiers. Inet holds tight onto John as they fall. When they reached the floor, John groans and falls down. The soldiers would eventually come, so Inet tries to wake him up. As she hold's his head in her arm, he eventually wakes up. He grabs her shoulder and they stare at each other. The arrow was still in his neck so he couldn't say anything.

AS they go to the stables, John loses consciousness a few time perhaps due to the arrow stuck on his neck. They steal a horse and run away. John is avoiding Inet. They arrive at the forest. As he gets off the horse, he staggers. Inet confronts him of why he's doing all this for her or why is he avoiding her. She calls his name and grabs his hand but he slowly brushes her off. The atmosphere between them is bad and Inet thinks John must be angry with her. She thinks to helself, she doesn't want him to hate her, asks him for forgiveness, wants to hold his hand, wants to be hugged by him and to hug him. Inet stares at John who was look at the dark forest and wonders if he wants to leave her. Then, John stumbles after taking a step and Inet goes over to hold him up. He's unconscious and she drags him to a nearby tree trunk. She holds his blood stained face and kisses his cheek. He's bleeding and Inet keeps begging him to open his eyes, to comeback to her, and to not leave her. She decided to deal with the arrow and takes a dagger. She doesn't break the arrow but cuts open John's flesh(?). He regains consciousness. Before her, he was brought back to life.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  13. Iska-IX

Iska-IX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers :D
    I remember that “custom” being a thing from “The villainess reverses the hourglass” as well. I’m kind of confused though, when I looked at the raws for the chapter, after remembering what happened in the last it looked like Inet was boiling with hatred and would have killed John if he didn’t already have an arrow through his neck but now she’s escaping with him? Am I misunderstanding something?

Also assuming that the old guy is dead...is that bastard step son going to be the new ruler?

layyu and simplysharonda like this.
  14. mixordia

mixordia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for the spoilers, really! :aww: :aww:

boom2424 likes this.
  15. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    Skimmed through Ep. 69 and
    Inet tells John that he shouldn't have been there. She didn't wait for him for a day and didn't know about the letter he was talking about. She mixed the truth and the lie. John tries to reach out to her but he pushes him away and when he tells her to go over to him she shouts telling him she hates it when he tries to reach out. No matter what he thought, this was the path that she choose. She didn't come this far not knowing it would be like this. From the very beginning she was prepared. He didn't have to intervene in her affairs. For her, someone like him was an accident (what they had was a mistake? is how I interpret it).
    Maybe it's because of this. Like she doesn't want him to be in danger or something bc of her so she pushes him away and acts like he's a bother or she hate him.

16. bristy_6

bristy_6 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you give more spoiler, please? :notlikeblob:
    I really want to know about the ending :notlikeblob:
    And can you give the link of the novel?

17. peenutbutta

peenutbutta Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    omg thank you so much I’m literally shaking from the tension in the novel rn

simplysharonda and boom2424 like this.
  18. salaza189

salaza189 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Entrusting your newborn child to a woman whose husband you just murdered is pretty crazy, in my book.
    Thanks a lot for the translation :aww:

19. Irisss

Irisss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    official site is in manta app

anyway chap 43 is pretty crazy. How they will react knowing johann kill that old man and eloping with annete

20. Nefroza

Nefroza Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think your assumption is quite good....I mean his obsession with her from the very start even before they were born to the world n all....I think that's true

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
    leyeh2 girl likes this.