Ys 8 nightmare difficulty

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by canaria23, Mar 26, 2021.

1. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    So my 1st playthrough is nightmare difficulty, I didn't actually find it difficult, since I'm just using sp regen ↑ and ↑↑ and spamming skills all the time on all bosses. The only hard parts are oceanus the oversized lovecraftian abomination( you can't spam skills on the bastard), dana's bosses where I really have to block and dodge(I literally have no potions cuz I didn't know you get boss fights, I thought it was all on the PS4 ver.), and the time I forgot to equip the undead-be-gone bell on reaper basileus. I was like dead killing his minions while he kills me with meteors, I spent 30 mins before I died and then remembered the fucking bell, I killed him in 2-3 mins after that. I was like WTF lols.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
    Silver Snake and rei_hunter like this.
  2. Green Apple

Green Apple Actually I'm secretly an orange.

Reading List:
    Link
    sounds like their normal difficulty is for game journalists

rei_hunter and canaria23 like this.
  3. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Another WTF moment is when the boss of the silent tower Mephorashmoo counters you when you use that super ultimate skill or whatever you call it skill, like damn other bosses can't do that, time literally stops for them.
    Edit: I literally died while the ss is active. Like he threw me to the fucking wall and took away my full hp. And he can kill anyone in your party where they would normally stay on 1 hp.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
  4. HaseoXV

HaseoXV Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just use hummel against Mespho spam Prominence shot hit and run tactic easy win

rei_hunter likes this.
  5. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    Was this the lacrimosa of dana one? That one have the best story of all the YS series i've played. Great gameplay as usual, but Dana's story got me invested emotionally. She deserves the true ending.

canaria23 likes this.
  6. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, I'm not good at that, that's I spam skills like crazy. I could beat games at highest difficulties when I was in high school, but now I can't.
    Yes, specifically after the tragic remake that is celceta. Like what the hell was that ending? Everything just stopped, literally.