Feature Request Prevent users from rating a novel when it only has a few chapters

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by Apprentice Translations, Jan 10, 2021.

1. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure getting a bit of abuse is the norm, but I think you have a unique situation on your hand where the amount you get is so high that you are probably not going to be able to make typical observations about translator experience.

2. 8oni

8oni Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately it takes times for people to find a novel. And troll will never even read your translation because they are trolls, they are illiterate.

My only suggestions is that you keep translating and try to put your novel into other's novel recommendation, that way more people will read and [hopefully] they will give reviews, because well, you can have a lot readers but not many are going to reviews and unfortunately the ones that do, well, :shrug:

3. Deleted member 304540

Deleted member 304540 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    It occurred me that this could also be a way to prevent some novels from reaching top ranked novels list. Also if the rating is low, not everyone will start reading that novel even if the novel fits their criteria otherwise.

4. MidstNost

MidstNost 【 Reigen's Saltshaker 】【 Lingtian Raider 】

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, it's common sense that you can't base a prologue on how good an entire novel is, so it won't stop others from reading it despite the low rating.
    If this is your only problem, then it only takes a simple solution for that:
    Just post the first five chapters altogether. It's literally that easy.

5. Deleted member 304540

Deleted member 304540 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Some read it still, but not everyone. Rating does matter a lot of people when deciding what to read. If it wouldn't, then there would not be a reason for the rating? The truth is that you'll lose readers with low ratings. I might try a novel in a rare genre with any rating but if I find several interesting novels in a popular genre then I won't go to the low rated ones... Anyway, my point is still that I understand what translators come from.

TaffyGirl13 likes this.
  6. MidstNost

MidstNost 【 Reigen's Saltshaker 】【 Lingtian Raider 】

Reading List:
    Link
    Well my trust in NU ratings have been broken a long time ago after reading horrible 4+ star novels and amazing 3 stars novels. :blobmelt: So NU ratings are really often unreliable. It's usually the reviews that are helpful.

I mean, many did suggest in NUF that it should only be when you reviewed a novel that u can rate it. But the mod won't add this feature so it really is up to the readers whether they should read a novel or not. Can't do much about it sadly

7. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not "adding" an existing feature. It's "creating" that feature.