Recommendations Know any good revenge stories?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Goblin Sleuth, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I was reading this shitty MTL novel, but the translation stopped right at the point of betrayal, and the last update was like in 2018. Now I'm craving for a story with some cathartic justice, I wanna see some sweet bloody revenge.
    Perquisites
    • A legitimate reason for wanting revenge, I don't want to read about some emo chode that got his feelings hurt. The bad guy needs to genuinely deserve the punishment their getting.
    • No Edge Lord protagonist that thinks of nothing but revenge, and is dark and moody all the time. Although I do like it when they start out cynical and jaded, but are slowly healed by the power of love.
    • Keep the revenge target small. None of those betrayed by the kingdom or betrayed by humanity. The target of revenge really shouldn't be more than one person, with maybe a few accomplishes thrown in.
    • A reason why things happen in the first place. While rare I've read stories where the bad guy just seems to do evil shit for the sake of being evil. I don't want the protagonist to be the victim of some random psychopath that was just passing by.
    • Revenge shouldn't always be the main plot. I want more going on in the story than just the protagonist trying to get revenge. The revenge doesn't even have to be the conclusion of the story, just as long as its not forgotten about completely.

Nom de Plume likes this.
  2. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    You might like to try out some QT (quick transmigration) stories. They generally act like revenge anthologies. Each arc has a clear revenge target so you get the right amount of face slapping without the story dragging on 900 chapters.

Goblin Sleuth likes this.
  3. lehur

lehur ぼく愛エリス

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Naruto - Sasuke Shinden (no massacre, asking truth, part-time revenge)
    2. Dragon Ball - Prince Vegeta Chronicle (bring the fate of his planet and defeat the frozen demon a universe conqueror)
    3. Case Closed - Conan pursuing black organization (justice will prevail, occasionally revenge only a few times 4 or 5 occasion in 1100 chaps, no emo mode)
    4. Doraemon - Nobita ultimate nagging toward doraemon to help him vs Giant and that skinny show off guy Sun something name (daily life revenge against bullying, no overboard)
    5. One Piece, revenge for brother, no massacre cuz all op chaps are for all age, revenge just for adding flavor in his journey eating meat I mean get op laugh tale, no emo mode maybe if akainu not insult his brother in the final battle in 35+ years later

4. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Has "God's gofer" in title and on this site
    Being schemed against, having the public opinion turned against you and then killed by the people you wanted to protect should count?
    Mc is dead and then remade with memories. Doesn't care all that much, won't be stingy with taking a small step to achieve some revenge but not consumed by it.
    A princess and a few classmates mostly
    War efforts, international politics, the good of the country's people
    Apocalypse is the main point, revenge on the side

Goblin Sleuth likes this.
  5. Goblin Sleuth

Reading List:
    Link
    @HamsterOverlord-sama
    It only has two chapters out, and the last update was in 2019. Oh well it sounded like a good suggestion at least.

6. Faruk025

Faruk025 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you gys want a revenge story (which actually have a good story) then you should read nano machine.This is a cultivition novel(only 350 chapters).And its a joint work of 2 authors.one is korean( that means story is fast peaced) and other one is chinise (That means serious cultivation) and it has a system(which is the most balanced cheat i have ever found on this genre). It also has little romance too but no herem And if you are talking about revenge then Our Main characters mother have been killed and he have even sowrn not to cultivate so that he can't take revenge.

In this novel MC is very ruthless and cold.and the most good thing about this story is that you will see character development.How mc become the world strongest you will learn after you read this novel.so i hope this satisfy you!

Sorry for bad english i am not a native Speaker.

7. PeepoMrFool

PeepoMrFool Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Goblin Sleuth

Reading List:
    Link
    It has got too many revenge targets, basically everyone aside from the protagonist and his companions is obscenely evil. The protagonist mother is tortured to death and murdered for literally no reason when she goes into town. The protagonist is being hunted by the world just because of his race, etc.

Nom de Plume likes this.
  9. thepope

thepope Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nom de Plume likes this.
  10. Kitty_R

Kitty_R Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Kamuizin

Kamuizin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Count of Monte Cristo.

It’s a classic book and probally the first proper history of revenge ever made.

Nom de Plume likes this.