Forgotten Title 60s/70s/80s Setting Chinese novel: Present to Past

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by AllthingsAsian, Mar 27, 2021.

1. AllthingsAsian

AllthingsAsian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *female protagonist, transmigration- i BELIEVE it's present to past due to the sofa and cake making*

I can't remember much about the plot, but there's a point in the story where FL (moves into the soldier's courtyard/compound (?where the soldiers and their families live) with ML (idk if they have a child, i think they do, can't recall) and she is slightly bored. She gets some "sofa-esque" things made to put in their living room and the neighbor's wife (apartment next to them) is jealous. The neighbor is the wife of a man with higher rank than the ML and she works in the department store (and is rather snobby and gets what she deserves at the end-).
    The FL starts selling cakes (to make money/coupons) among people she knows in the town nearby and the neighbor and her spoilt son 'beg' for cake, eventually things get worse and the FL refuses to give them cake because she's pregnant and isn't making any.
    Fast forward later on (give or take a few months?)
    The Neighbor tattles on FL's activities to the Army/people in charge and she is detained, ML saves the day, ML exposes the neighbor's wife's actions (of illegally selling items from the store and 'reserving' products etc.) To the army and she AND her husband are penalized. The leave the building.
    I think maybe the already had a child? But I don't really remember that. I think the FL's host had been an educated(?) Youth at some point/ a goodlooking girl

--- Idk if this is a separate novel or the same one/If it is separate pls tell me what the title is:

A new couple moves in next door (assumedly it's the same story that is...) And it's a couple with a child. The wife is an educated youth and spends all her time studying instead of tending to her child who ends up having to bum meals off of FL and her son/daughter (don't remember the gender of their kid). When college exams resume this woman chooses to divorce her husband and gives him custody of their child. It's terrible and heartbreaking to see the child get thrown to the husband who too is at lost and distraught and had never truly spent much time with his child due to his job.
    ------
    If I'm correct at all, the FL does alot of cooking as well since that's her source of income and she enjoys it (so does her husband). I could be mixing up novels here but I think her husband has a regular family(??) As he doesn't have any large big position in the military and it's mentioned the neighbor looks down on the mother-in-law (as she's a country bumpkin).

2. judeiiro

judeiiro radish

Reading List:
    Link
    i think it should be Bringing Good Luck to your Husband in the ’70s?? quite sure. she started cooking in the educated youth camp and changed their views of her being a spoiled, weak girl. ML is an crippled soldier who's staying in the village to recuperate. MC has a system where she cooks to gain points (from people's appreciation) to redeem a healing cure for ML's injury

edit: yeah it's the one above!

if it's not that then maybe My Wife Spoils Me Too Much? modern day though... i think. the original host neglected/abusive towards her child and husband and MC transmigrates in from ancient times which turns her into a sweet wife. MC cooks quite a lot and embroiders clothes.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
  3. hansora

hansora Someone Who Seeks Fluff & Heartwarming Stories

Reading List:
    Link

Bringing Good Luck to Your Husband in the 70s, it happened after they got married and the ML started working again

AllthingsAsian likes this.
  4. AllthingsAsian

AllthingsAsian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you~