Spoiler Overgeared

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Midnight Rain, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Nameless Nameless

Nameless Nameless Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How many legends are there among players? 6? 7?
    Grid, Yura, Jishuka, Faker, Kraugel, Agnus (Baal's Contractor)? Oasis?

2. LordKarsus

LordKarsus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Skimming the Discord, seems Grid got the original 100K Massacre Sword, and Piaro got... Either Biban or Muller's swordsmanship.

Melegant and Muteki Reader like this.
  3. Aristes

Aristes [Archiver of idea], [Harbinger of the Fall]

Reading List:
    Link
    Somehow that just killed my hope to see Oasis became a legend, while I'm happy for Piaro.

dereonlad and LordKarsus like this.
  4. REDIV

REDIV Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is their a restriction on the discord link because damn, it feels like everyone keeps acting like they can't see people asking for the link

5. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link
    There is. It's also cleaner for the thread to just private message how to get to the info rather than reply to each message → Which boils down to going to the Overgeared Fandom Wiki.

6. King Lo

King Lo New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oasis is "one who will become a legend". I think Euphemia was up to legend status last time she appeared.

7. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    She freed Mumud and became his successor or descendant, there was a world message [An unknown person has acquired infinite potential.]

8. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link
    Some people are complaining about how the time reversal from the Dantalian's fight led to them taking losses. Saying that the SA Group should compensate them. The SA Group goes "Nope! This was a natural product of the game's systems, and a byproduct of a battle with a Great Demon. So the system is working as it should.!"

Naturally, the players who got hurt are not pleased with that response.

-

In Hell, everyone picking up their new skills got delayed because Braham was busy analyzing the castle for 2 whole days.

Even though Braham is a Legendary Magician with hundreds of years of experience, Dantalian's thousands of years of accumulated knowledge was impressive. He'd built defensive systems into his castle that would automatically combine multiple spells to create new effects.

After studying them for two days, Braham's intelligence has increased.

-

Finally, the 4 candidates get ready to use the fragments, as Nefelina sits to the side wanting to see the show.

Grid is trying to keep his expectations low lest and not hope for Madra's Swordsmanship lest he jinx himself and get the Legendary Mining skill or something.

He uses the fragment and gets... Madra's 100K Swordsmanship.

Grid's like WTF! I already have that. It's a complete waste!

[Due to the infusion of new knowledge, your 100K Swordsmanship evolves into its Completed Form]

On second thought, alright!!!

Grid looks at Piaro and sees that he's super shocked... He finally has what he once aimed for but now had never expected to get... Some Sword Saint's Swordsmanship.

Grid looks at Mercedes and Yura. He's worried that if he and Piaro got lucky, then the bad luck will have to fall on them.... But they're also smiling and happy...

So Grid's like "Guess those players got sacrificed for our benefit..."

Sariel takes out her harp and starts playing a happy tune.

[The Great Demons feel the presence of an Archangel in Hell]

[The Single Digit Demons have become intrigued]

Sariel's like "Ooops!!!"

At that moment, some great power hits the castle...

To be continued...

9. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, people. This is a valuable lesson, never play music in hell because it always ends with classic horror reveal

10. MK bk-201

MK bk-201 [God of Novels]

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay at this point Grid has the techniques of 3 of the original 9 legends, im expecting for his blacksmith affect his taloring when its mastered or get krauger technique at this point Grid should get the "sucessor of past legends" or something like that to replace his 2nd class or maybe affects his 3rd class or maybe get a 4th class since is never before achived feat.
    Also im expecting heavy grinding for grid with the blind guy tools since the original madra swordmanship will probably wreck grid body, also give a copy to Haster the guy could get so OP with that since it relies in sound

11. JHI

JHI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The real lesson comes from FFF-Class Trash Hero:
    "– This is much more human than to open relatives. Just think of angels as hens. Nothing special, right?"
    Also valid in OG.

Also the fact that Grid got the original 100k this way is lame. It takes away the value of Leraje's diary. We as the readers kinda knew Grid would get Madra's original swordsmanship. There are various avenues for this, i.e. an ego item like the sheath (possibly Madra's armor if it has such a hidden feature), a quest or Leraje's diary. Grid will presumably get the original versions of the other techniques in this way which means this knowledge essence was wasted. I hope the author does smt to increase the value of Leraje's diary again in the future but currently, this is a massive misuse of an opportunity.

12. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    Hens as in chickens? or what?
    Also -FFF Trashero was the point I hate heroism and prefer villainism.

13. great demons wisper

great demons wisper New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    grid needs 2 honorable painting to kill a god .
    one before he became a god to give the finishing blow .
    and
    one latest honorable painting to restore his power to his god form
    then he can kill a god without depending on anyone .

14. King Lo

King Lo New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Grid can still kill a god...

Hayate watched Grid drinking tea and opened his mouth a moment later, “I understand the fear you feel, but you don’t have to regret becoming a G.o.d. You know that a true G.o.d comes from the aspirations of human beings. It isn’t something that can be achieved just because you want it. What is the point of regretting becoming a G.o.d naturally? Additionally, it was Asgard’s decision to treat you as an enemy, not yours. It would be better to become a G.o.d with greater potential.”

“......”

It made a lot of sense. Asgard was already hostile to humanity even before Grid became a G.o.d. It forced Grid to treat Asgard as an enemy. Grid didn’t become hostile to Asgard because he became a G.o.d. They were destined to be hostile in the first place. It was a good thing that people wors.h.i.+pped Grid enough to make him a G.o.d.

“Additionally, you are still qualified to be a G.o.d killer.”

Grid’s eyes widened. “I see... is it because I only have the status of a G.o.d?”

“Yes. You haven’t evolved into the race called a G.o.d yet. If the people’s aspirations pile up and acc.u.mulate, you will become a G.o.d killer before becoming a complete G.o.d... you will evolve into an absolute being with divine status. You aren’t at a stage to worry about your relationship with Chiyou.”

15. LordDanny

LordDanny 《Duke of Chaos》

Reading List:
    Link
    For your information, the Painting doesn't affect your additional information such as Titles, Class, Status, Race, Age, and so on. And as stated by Hayate as @King Lo just mentioned: Grid can still kill a God because he isn't a God by Race yet, but only a God by Status.

16. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link
    It's difficult to believe that he hasn't already read Leraje's diary and gotten whatever benefits he could from it... It has been quite a while.

But maybe now that he has the original 100K, Leraje's diary can help him unlock the 200K or 300K in their original form. Or Grid can go talk to Biban again.

The author may be trying to manage the speed of Grid's power ups.

--

And seriously, Grid going "I already have Braham and Sticks, I don't need someone like Dantalian to serve me!" smh.

Dude had developed his own knowledge and ideas to where Braham was inspired and got boosts to his intelligence just from studying the work.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
  17. blaisemNU

blaisemNU Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't decide if I want Piaro to have super sensitivity that takes forever to develop (see Kraugel vs Myr) or a damage skill that he can combine with his farming.

And Grid getting the real 100k sword could be huge. If he has the first step to Madra's swordsmanship, then there's a chance he might be able to extrapolate its technique to attain the real forms of his other degraded copies of Madra's swordsmanship.

Were there any stats on the real 100k sword revealed? It would be interesting to see how much of a difference it makes over the degraded copy.

18. Muteki Reader

Muteki Reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Even though Braham is a Legendary Magician with hundreds of years of experience, Dantalian's thousands of years of accumulated knowledge was impressive. He'd built defensive systems into his castle that would automatically combine multiple spells to create new effects." Yup, now we know how grid's flying fortress defense gonna be. Piaro finally got swordsaint swordmanship. Will he obtain second legendary class or he only get the skill. It is impossible for the former as there can only be one legendary swordsaint at one time. For latter, I think piaro will combine swordsaint swordmanship & legendary farming skill make it more powerful. I hope piaro will be more powerful as their enemy after this are mostly trancedent being. I wonder how much braham intelligent increased & will dantalian's magic skill will help braham reach the truth?

LayZhang and LordKarsus like this.
  19. blaisemNU

blaisemNU Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Piaro farmsaint myth class incoming.

Also turning OG's castle into a fortress like that would be really sick. It would also keep his treasured personnel protected from ambushes like what happened to Khan.

20. Feanor

Feanor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    PIARO has already possess part of SS's swordsmanship = matcheless heart technique and supreme swordsmanship.