Spoiler I Swear I Won’t Bother You Again!

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shizun, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Creolenerd

Creolenerd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    With WMMAP the story is dragging and the more time o had to think the more i realized i hated claude, hated how Jeanette was treated and Athy annoyed me. And then the spoiler discussions started looking like that.

The longer this story drags i see the same thing happening here. The FL starts becoming the least interesting person in the whole story, there's an innocent sister character ppl don't know if they should hate her for being naive, and fck the dad .

TyShaye, Lilyworld, Khadz and 2 others like this.
  2. windtear

windtear Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not; I just believe that if I have the choice to be kind or cruel, it is better to choose to be kind.

TyShaye and Haiting1536 like this.
  3. Furiae19

Furiae19 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well the story was dragged out with season 2 (barely anything happened for like 30 chapters I think ?) and Spoon decided to develop Jeannette's character for a few chapters but since she's hated by like 90% of the fandom and Athy has just been..there for a while now, let's say that it's causing a LOT of frustration :blobsweat_2:

Khadz likes this.
  4. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This also means that for this day to be over, the author is gonna write another 5 to 10 chapters.:facepalm: Then another 50 or so before we can see some progress in the plot and can finally tell how the family will behave or what will happen to them. :blobscream::blobjoy:

It's time for me to ask if anyone here might be interested in writing a fanfic on this novel by summarising everything that has happened so far in a few chapters. I am sure the fanfic will become more popular than the novel itself. Lol!

beazacha and kawaii12345 like this.
  5. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah the Manga is being dragged which made me dislike it in the middle. But I really love the novel itself. It's so much better

beazacha likes this.
  6. nutsforsein

nutsforsein Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maryjun’s name has such an influence that I had to reread to know who tf was Claudia o-o

Khadz likes this.
  7. lacerem

lacerem Because... I'm Batman

Reading List:
    Link
    Does the author experiencing a block or something? How long are they going to write one "day", the day was told from almost everyones perspective. We get it move the story. May be they are waiting for manga to catchup to the novel to prevent spoilers?

Khadz likes this.
  8. beazacha

beazacha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

The manwha author decided to drag the most disliked arc so she could create a whole new storyline to Jeanette and her father, she made Lucas useless and butchered the development of other characters compared to the novel. Basically she wanted both Athanasia and Jeanette to have the same levels of importance when that was never the case.

Imo this author just bite more than they can chew; by making such a dramatic backstory and having it blow out on a single day it forced things to drag out since 70% of the plot is being resolved at once... basically not enough buildup so the payoff feels rushed and half assed. After this is not like she could go back and play happy family and Yulan proposed so she essentially doomed the novel to end on an underwhelming note or drag.

spchntrt, sirwence and Khadz like this.
  9. Ocefossa

Ocefossa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for this. As the current pace of the spoilers (*ie reposting a unfiltered mtl) make everything confusing especially for those who don't venture into mtl territory.

Overall, this is the Turning Point in Violette's decisions, possibly her D-Day. The day that everything changed for her in this life because she chooses to try living a life rather than surviving like she has been.

When Yulan found her post Violent-Confrontation, Violette gave up. Literally gave up on life and was suicidal. Hence Yulan yanking her out of her downward spiral by literally laying everything on the line and officially proposing. (*for those who don't mtl, this is VERY important because this relates to the fairytale Violette mentions. Unlike the fairytale, she is deliberately implying that she will choose the Dark Prince, ie Yulan)

What isn't outright stated is Violette is a broken and suicidally depressed person (*possibly on the level of My Fiance is in Love with My Sister MC). Pre-Timeskip she was desperate enough to chase the Prince (ie fairytale White Prince) and keep herself going that way. This 2nd go around she's just trying to survive in a different way and thinks going to a nunnery will provide her with peace and quiet. Hence the single-minded, illogical focus on that objective. Of course MJ (and Cast), put the kibosh on that.

Also Violette has serious survival tunnel-vision going on. Meaning we only get her on minimal functional capacity and we the audience are blind to nuances and details we would appreciate for a more comprehensive understanding.

Now, dear old patriarchal Family head (grandpa) probably laid down 'The Law' with the dad. Timeline wise it hasn't been that long since Violette regressed. It makes sense since she's returned in time, that in the sequence of things:
    • MJ was introduced during Violette's senior year.
    • She (and her parents) are participating in Polite Society socially.
    • After creating wrinkles in Polite Society (and possibly political problems), dear old grandad has stepped in (*being a die hard nationalist) and squashed son-in-law's plans for Society and probably using the Vahan name to open doors for himself and his illegitimate family.
    • He most likely wished to legitimize his squeeze and MJ and shoe-horn them in as legitimate Vahan, effectively replacing Violette in Society and political standing.
    • This would upset the political balance and create waves in the world (that we aren't seeing and is implied, loosely), hence grandfather stepping in
      • Dear old dad probably was hoping to get this past his father-in-law.
    • Cue current Neverending Day.
    Consider also, Violette is near graduation and about to become a major thorn in her father's side, because their positions in the family will be reversed. Violette would be in a legal position of power and could begger MJs family.
    • The best case scenario for them would be delegitimizing Violette somehow (or killing her off), replacing her with MJ, and being awarded place in the ranks of the aristocracy.
      • Timeline 1 was the likely the perfect scenario for them. Violette played right into her father's hands.
    Violette is a legitimate threat because MJs family are not Vahan blood, and are dependents through (the prior) marriage and Vahan family permission. They are lucky that Violette is damaged enough that she isn't thinking like a heiress would, or behaving like a powerful noble should. Her trauma is impeding her behavior.
    • It could also explain why she hasn't responded to Yulan, because she's either jaded, afraid to hope that it will work, or both.
    Politically she might also be a great catch. Though that remains to be seen for when we hopefully see Yulan making a bid for Violette's hand and bringing his case to her grandfather.

Hope that clarifies things.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    riflow, its0k, Lilazeaf and 18 others like this.
  10. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just have a quick question that kinda decides whether I want to keep following this story or not. Who is the male lead? I've been assuming it's probably Yulan but I find him super boring and really don't think I'll ever be able to get invested in him.

11. windtear

windtear Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Given that Claudia hasn't been seen for over fifty chapters, and Yulan proposed three chapters/half an hour ago, it's looking like Yulan is endgame.

12. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Figured. Thanks for letting me know. Bailing now.

13. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just when you thought there were no more pointless digressions to stop the plot from moving forward

"Zilant really knows Violet well, doesn't he?"

Marin, who returned with a number of hanger racks, laughed at Violet, who greeted him with the opening. With a mixed expression of various emotions, as if I was amazed and impressed.

Violet, who leans his head for some reason, shows a lot of clothes and accessories. Perhaps the reason why the dark colors are lined up and each piece of clothing feels less voluminous is because it is associated with a closet at home.

Everything in my house is heavy, painful and hard to move. Just sitting down makes me almost out of breath. A design that emphasizes the lines of the body looks great, whether it looks good or not. It's a beautiful finish that will rejuvenate the eyes and mind of the viewer. That's why, with functionality that only the viewer is thinking about.

"Everything is elegant and fine, and all the accessories are small."

In the process of organizing it so that it is easy to use, we will expand it so that each one can be confirmed. Most of them are one-piece, and there are many A-line designs, and none are tight. There was only one pants-style setup, but it seems to be room wear rather than going out. There were several types of shoes and bags, and the accessories were only hair ornaments, and there were no accessories such as necklaces.

"I have kept only the funds so that I will prepare only the underwear."

"Together with me"

"If you use it, I will tell you to go with me, so I called a foreigner later."

“…………”

"It seems that everything that Violet does is predicted."

Marin's gaze, which he said was smiling, turned down and cheated. Is it embarrassing to say Marin's words, or is it all seen by Zilant? I'm sure both, it's embarrassing, but at the same time there's a feeling of happiness that I want to admire. I didn't know how many times it would be, and I felt like a dream.

I think what I want to know is a chance. I think it's love to know. I think it's greed that I want to be known.

I think that you can fall in love by putting them all together.

I love it so I want to know a lot of things. Things I like, things I don't like, things I'm not good at, things I want to do, things I want. And just as much, I want you to know. I like this, I hate it, I'm not good at it, I'm good at it, I want this. I just threw it, I just wanted to be known, and the first time it went bankrupt. There was no love at that time when I didn't try to know. That was just greed, right, a misunderstanding of greed.

I finally realized that another "love" was on my palm. Things that I had given up when I couldn't get them, but never returned.

The day I wanted to know was too long and I forgot. I knew it, so I didn't notice it. I embraced it because it was known.

(Ah ── I like it)

Every day, every second, I know. I like you, I've always liked you.

"Violet, would you like to try on some?"

"Well, I want to see the size, I wonder if I should change my clothes."

"Shall I play with my hair because it's a good idea?"

"I'll leave it to you"

"Let's take this opportunity to try various things, such as twin tails."

"You can see that it doesn't suit you."

"It looks good, it's cute"

"If you do marine, I'll think about it."

"Did you say that?"

By all that's holy it's a chapter about how much clothing weighs, and how she organizes her closet. And I thought meditating on her hair was a show stopper

Bastian, Pipi1989, Yu07 and 4 others like this.
  14. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I told you. Lmao! This is gonna take at least 10 more chapters B4 this day is over. But, it really makes me wonder what goes around in the author's head. Can't he see that the story is not progressing at all. What's the point of having a chapter wasted over what violet wears! :hmm:

Lilyworld and kawaii12345 like this.
  15. Nuzlocke

Nuzlocke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This makes me feel like I'm not wasting my time shiny hunting Terrakion lol

Seriously, we wanted a months for this? XD

vionysus likes this.
  16. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    I almost forgot this series and thread existed. Lol. The manga literally has more material given Yulan is sick and Claudia is making his move.

As for WMMAP talk, well... to those who summarized the most boring arc and explained most of the feelings of the readers, well... I was one of them. I was looking forward to Lucas bopping Claude's head off with a magical tree branch, even at the cost of losing panels of handsome DILFs because no matter how much Jeanette gets development or we be getting political, this was not what we were as fans were looking forward to. Its like Spoon is just wasting her talents (and honestly, I want to respect her creative direction but... again... this was not what I signed up for in the adaptation. If we had to extend something, extend the love triangle, extend Papa Claude and mama backstory like the recent manhwa cover.

Back to the series thread, I remember asking last time I was here whatever happened to Claudia, to think the man has been missing for like 50 chapters.
    Oh and while TL1 was literally PERFECT for crapdad and co., I still find it hard to imagine he'd get his happily ever after given we know how capable Yulan is, not to mention gramps won't just LET HIS hard earned title be given to his greedy son-in-law and side hoe, even if said child is married to CP. Since... you know... Claudia has narrow vision (both in eyesight in ideology), only a matter of time the kingdom would fall. I can see gramps being in-charge with aristocratic faction. Sadly, we know Yulan prayed HARD for a rewind to get to mainTL.

Still... the author either updates hard (with sudden Mach5 speed development=abuse->proposal or... this mess... what happened?

Khadz, cupboardbee and kawaii12345 like this.
  17. cupboardbee

cupboardbee Not Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can some people tell me which, how, or when they personally would have solved all the issues?

I read here, someone said it feels too rushed and the current update solved like the majority of the plot in one go and that there is no build-up so it feels like a let down or something??
    because i thought it was good, because everything was annoying me already that none of the said issues have been started yet, and if they do its like one small pinch at a time, that I just wanted everything to spill out in one go...

also I had originally thought that violet should have just ignored mj instead of actively helping her, but I guess she was that traumatized that she didnt think at all and just wanted to please the other/s as swiftly and safely as she can

Khadz and kawaii12345 like this.
  18. vionysus

vionysus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can’t believe this series started in 2017 and is still ongoing ;( Read the manga and the current spoilers, and surprisingly, there’s not much of a gap between the two? Especially because the translated manga only has 15 chapters so far, afaik.

19. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
    MC female best friend,, (not her maid,,)
    Rozeta,, is in reality two faced
    She is manipulatibe b!achh with desire to rule and control others
    She befriended MC because she knows she 'liked' prince Claudia,, and she thinks its beter to be friends with hard to control rival

Yulan noticed her hidden self even before they first talked with each other.
    Good boi
    Sorry if someone gave a spoiler about this before,,

ReaderEli, Bastian, its0k and 12 others like this.
  20. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please don't tell me another villain is gonna pop up when the family problems haven't been resolved yet?